剧集 | 紧急呼救 | 导航列表
Is it your heart? Chest pains?
是你的心脏吗 胸口痛吗?
What?
怎么了
I can't speak.
我说不出话了
And the captain seems pretty cool,
队长看上去很酷的
even if he does decorate, you know, with some dead animals.
虽然他用一些死掉的动物装饰办公室
-Really? -Yeah, he literally has this, like, stuffed rattlesnake
-真的吗 -是啊 他有一条响尾蛇标本
-in his office. -Oh, that's disgusting.
-放在他的办公室里 -太恶心了
-Awesome. -So, when do you start?
-太酷了 -那你什么时候开始工作
Ooh. I don't know.
我不知道
I'm still waiting to hear back, but I hope so soon.
我还在等回复 但我希望能尽快吧
So proud of you.
真为你感到骄傲
Edmundo,
埃德蒙多
this came from Amazon Prime about an hour ago.
这是大约一小时前亚马逊送过来的
It's addressed to you.
写着你的名字
Actually, it's his.
其实 是送给他的
That got here fast.
来得可真快啊
What is it?
这是什么
Just a little piece of joy.
只是一点小小的快乐
A PS5?
PS5吗?
Whoa!
哇
Eddie,
埃迪
honey, you've already gone through most of your savings with the house.
亲爱的 你已经把大部分积蓄花在你的房♥子上了
It's okay.
没关系
The new job comes with a signing bonus.
新工作有签约奖金
I know, honey, but you haven't signed yet.
我知道 但你还没签呢
Relax. It's just a formality.
放轻松 只剩走个形式而已
This is so cool. Thanks, Dad.
这太棒了 谢谢你 爸爸
Okay, the real question is
真正的问题是
do we set it up here or do we set it up at my place?
我们把它放在这边 还是放在我家
Oh, I don't know.
我不知道
Well, you know, it might be hard
那个 头顶上会漏水
playing video games with a leak dripping on your head.
应该很难玩电子游戏吧
No, I patched that.
我已经补好了
Oh, what about the AC?
那空调呢
I'm still getting to it, but--
我还在修 但是
Okay, well, he-he runs hot,
好吧 他体温比较高
you know? Especially at night.
你知道吗 尤其是在晚上
Yeah.
当然
Maybe we just keep it here.
也许就放在这里吧
-Sure, Chris. -Yeah, whatever you want.
-当然 克里斯 -你说了算
Do you have homework tonight, sweetie?
你今晚有作业吗 亲爱的
Uh, no, just a little math.
只有一点数学
You don't need to buy his love, Eddie.
你不需要用钱买♥♥他的爱 埃迪
You already have that.
他本来就爱你
I know.
我知道
Just wish he was glad I was here.
只是希望他能为我过来感到高兴
Well, I heard him bragging to his friends the other day.
前几天我听到他向朋友们炫耀
"My dad the firefighter."
"我的消防员爸爸"
-Really? -Yeah, he said you have the coolest job of any of the dads.
-真的吗 -嗯 他说你拥有所有爸爸中最酷的工作
Thanks for telling me that.
谢谢你告诉我
Means a lot.
这对我意义重大
Give him time, Eddie.
给他点时间 埃迪
He'll come around.
他会回心转意的
You did.
你就是
So this is Maddie's neck CT.
这是麦迪的颈部CT结果
You can see the pharynx, the larynx.
你可以看到咽部和喉部
-Her voice box. -Right,
-她的声带 -没错
which seems to have stopped functioning entirely.
似乎完全丧失了功能
I'm just a paramedic, but it looks normal to me.
我只是个急救员 但我看着挺正常的啊
Because it is.
因为就是正常的
You'll see scarring right here--
你能在这边看到伤疤
healing beautifully, by the way--
顺便说一句 愈合得很漂亮
but nothing that would impact the vocal cords or the nerves.
但没有任何东西影响到声带或神经
So why can't I talk?
那我为什么说不出话呢
That's the million-dollar question.
这是至关重要的问题
I don't think it's related to your injury.
我认为这与你的伤势无关
My thyroid?
我的甲状腺呢
I'm sorry?
你说什么?
Her thyroid.
她的甲状腺
Uh, she suffered from postpartum thyroiditis after our daughter,
她在生了我们的女儿后患上了产后甲状腺炎
and she's pregnant with our new baby.
现在她怀着我们的下一个孩子
Can't hormones affect your voice?
激素可能影响你的声音吗
They can,
是可能
but Maddie's blood panel came back normal.
但麦迪的血检结果是正常的
This is definitely not normal.
这绝对不正常
No, but it is a recognized condition.
不 但这确实是一种已被确认的病症
Psychogenic aphonia.
心因性发音障碍
Loss of voice from emotional or psychological--
由于情感或心理原因而失声
Psychological?
心理原因
You're saying this could all be in her head.
你是说这一切可能都是心理作用导致的吗
I think it's a trauma response triggered by something specific.
我认为这是一种由某种特定事物引发的创伤反应
Maddie's a 911 dispatcher
麦迪是调度中心的接线员
and she lost her voice on a call.
她在一通电♥话♥中失声了
Doesn't seem traumatic, given your line of work.
考虑到你的工作性质 这似乎不算创伤
Yeah. Um,
是的
the last time she answered that phone, the person on the other end
上次她接的电♥话♥ 电♥话♥那边的人
kidnapped her and cut her throat.
绑♥架♥了她 割了她的喉咙
That would qualify.
那就说得通了
She took my voice.
她夺走了我的声音
No, she didn't.
不 她没有
We're gonna get your voice back, honey.
我们会让你的声音恢复的 亲爱的
My voice is everything.
声音就是我的一切
I really suggest vocal rest right now, rest in general.
我真心建议现在先让你的声带休息 整体上也要休息
And of course, therapy. Speech therapy and otherwise.
当然还有治疗 包括言语治疗和其他方面
I'm gonna write down a website
我给你们写一个网站
with some vocal lessons you can try.
可以尝试一下上面的发声训练课程
Keep in mind this is treating the symptoms,
请记住 这是在治疗症状
not the root.
不是根源
But with consistency, you may regain your voice in a few weeks' time.
但只要坚持治疗 你可能在几周内能找回你的声音
Whoa, a few-a few weeks? How long can this last?
几周吗? 这个症状能持续多久
Sometimes aphonia resolves quickly.
有时失音症会很快消退
Sometimes it takes years. Sometimes...
有时需要几年时间 有时...
What, never?
永远不会吗?
As I said, this is psychological.
正如我所说 这是心理原因
Ultimately, the moment of recovery has to be determined by the patient.
最终 康复的时间必须由患者自己决定
This is Eddie.
我是埃迪
Eddie. Jim Morales with the 270.
埃迪 我是270队的吉姆·莫拉莱斯
Captain.
队长
Did I catch you at a good time?
现在你方便说话吗
It's always a good time to talk, Captain.
什么时候我都方便 队长
Hope you have some news for me.
希望你有消息要告诉我
I do.
我有
But I'll warn you,
但我得警告你
it's a bit of a curveball.
这是一记曲线球
-A curveball? -More like a fastball
-曲线球? -更像是快球吧
straight to the gut.
直击要害
Wait, so you didn't get the job?
等等 所以你没得到工作
He said as much as he wanted to make an offer to me,
他说尽管他很想录用我
department's in the middle of a hiring freeze.
部门正处于招聘冻结期
Why the hell didn't he mention that before the interview?
他为什么不在面试前提这个
I think things froze up after we talked.
应该是在我们见面之后冻上的
So, how long until they thaw?
那还要多久才能解冻呢
Could be anywhere from two months to a year.
可能是两个月到一年的任何时间里
A year?
一年?
Yeah.
是啊
I spent every penny to my name
为了这栋房♥子的首♥付♥
on the down payment for this house.
我花光了我名下的每一分钱
I can't go six weeks,
六周都撑不下去
much less six months without a paycheck.
更别说六个月没有工资了
So, what are you gonna do?
那你打算怎么办
剧集 | 紧急呼救 | 导航列表