剧集 | 紧急呼救 | 导航列表
But I felt I had to have this conversation with you in person.
但我觉得我必须当面和你谈这件事
It sounds like this is serious.
听上去很严肃
Uh, you could say that.
可以这么说
I got a call from Hotshots production today.
我今天接到了"灭火高手"制片方的电♥话♥
Everyone was thrilled with how you and your team handled the
大家都对你和队伍解决替身演员意外的
situation with the stuntman.
方式感到非常满意
That's good to hear.
很高兴听到
They're all big fans of yours.
他们都是你的超级粉丝
Especially the star of the show, Brad Torrance.
尤其是这部剧的明星主演 布拉德·托伦斯
A "proper bloke" is how he described you on the phone.
他在电♥话♥里形容你是一个"真男人"
Well, that's high praise coming from Brad.
这可是来自布拉德的高度赞扬
I thought you were here to tell me I was in trouble.
我以为你是来告诉我 我有麻烦了呢
Well, you are, in a manner of speaking. You see,
从某种意义上来说 你确实有麻烦了
you know who Mr. Torrance isn't such a fan of?
你知道托伦斯先生不喜欢谁吗
Vincent Gerrard.
文森特·杰拉德
So, how's that my problem?
所以这跟我有什么关系
Because Brad wants you back on Hotshots.
因为布拉德想让你回到剧组
He doesn't like or trust Gerrard.
他不喜欢也不信任杰拉德
Says it's affecting his performance.
说这影响了他的表演
Chief, I'm a fire captain with the LAFD.
局长 我是洛杉矶消防局的消防队长
Some TV star can't just snap his fingers and change that.
不可能某个电视明星动一下手指就改变这一点
-Can he? -The Hotshots franchise
-可能吗? -"灭火高手"剧组
donates a tremendous amount to our budget.
给我们的预算捐了一大笔钱
The point is, one way or another,
重点是 不管怎样
we need to make them happy.
我们都得让他们开心
Chief, what exactly are you asking me to do here?
局长 你到底想要我做什么
I want you to go back to that set
我要你回到片场去
and help Gerrard become a more likeable version of himself.
帮助杰拉德成为一个更可爱的自己
With all due respect,
恕我直言
I'm a fire captain, not a miracle worker.
我是消防队长 不是奇迹创造者
Then if you want to stay in this firehouse,
那么如果你还想留在这个消防队的话
you better start praying.
最好开始祈祷吧
What exactly are you writing, probie?
你写什么东西呢 菜鸟
Uh, just... observations.
呃 只是... 观察
Such as?
比如
Uh, wh--I noticed you always leave half a car length
我注意到你总是和我们前面的车
behind the car in front of us.
留出半个车身的距离
I'm-I'm guessing in case you need to make a quick exit.
我猜可能是为了万一需要快速离开
You needed a whole page for that?
你需要一整页纸写这事吗
Well, no, uh, so...
不是 还有...
when we stop, I noticed you always scan for license plates--
我们停车的时候 我注意到你总是用眼睛扫视车牌
registration tags, I'm guessing--
车牌的注册标 我猜
always left to right.
总是从左到右
You check for pedestrians on the corner,
接着你会检查街角的行人
and then, only after all that,
然后 做完这一切之后
you allow yourself to have a sip of coffee.
你才允许自己喝一口咖啡
Totally whiffed on all that, didn't I?
我完全错过了重点 是不是
No, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
不 你说得挺一针见血的
Too many cops have been shot sitting in parked cars
有太多警♥察♥坐在停着的车里被枪击
to not scan every corner you ever pull up to.
所以必须检查停过的每一个街角
So, I mean, what are you looking for at an intersection like this?
那么在这样的十字路口旁边 应该找什么
I'm looking for folks with loose waistbands and baggy clothes.
我在找腰带或者衣服宽松的人
To conceal weapons.
可以藏匿武器
Bicyclists with backpacks.
背着背包骑自行车的人
Drug dealers love their bicycles and backpacks.
毒贩子们可喜欢自行车和背包了
Easy delivery.
送货容易
Right.
没错
Let me ask you something.
我问你个问题
You were one of the top recruits in the academy, right?
你是警校里最优秀的新人之一 对吧
The top.
最优秀的
So, why do you want to slum it out here in these streets?
那你为什么想上街当巡逻警♥察♥呢
My dad.
我父亲
-He was a cop? -God, no.
-他是个警♥察♥? -当然不是
No, he's a, he's a con man.
不 他是个诈骗犯
Not a very good one, either.
技术倒也不是很好
Used to be too drunk all the time.
总是喝的太醉了
Come home, take it out on me and my mom.
回家就把气撒在我和我妈身上
Sorry to hear that.
我很遗憾
One night,
一天晚上
the neighbors called 911, the cops came.
邻居报了警 警♥察♥来了
They finally take him away?
他们终于把他带走了吗
No.
没有
But I-I'd never seen him afraid like that before.
但我从没见过他那么害怕
You know, and I thought, that's real power.
我觉得那才是真正的力量
Still get a rush just thinking about it now.
现在一想起来还是会感到兴奋
We don't do it for the power.
我们做这份工作不是为了力量
Or the rush.
或者那股兴奋
No, of course not.
不 当然不是了
We do it because we care about what's right.
我们做这份工作是因为我们在乎什么是对的
And no one cares more than you.
而且没人比你更在乎了
Take this Flash Rob case, everyone else is
就拿"闪抢"的案子来说
patting themselves on the back for this big collar.
其他人都在为这份大功劳沾沾自喜
But not you.
但你没有
-Flash Rob is still out there. -But see? Exactly.
-"闪抢"还逍遥法外呢 -看 就是这样
The good ones relive their wins.
好人会享受他们的胜利
But the great ones?
但是伟大的人
They can't let go of their losses.
他们无法释怀自己的损失
I-I can't tell you what an honor it is
我无法形容我有多么荣幸
to get to ride with you before you retire.
能在你退休前和你一起工作
Close your eyes.
闭上眼睛
Uh... Okay.
呃 好吧
We've been sitting at this corner for 30 seconds.
我们已经在这个街角坐了三十秒了
Tell me who's sitting on that bus bench three feet to your right.
告诉我你右侧三英尺的公交长椅上坐着什么人
Uh... crap.
呃...完了
It's okay. Go ahead and open them.
没关系 睁开眼睛吧
Bam, bam, bam!
砰 砰 砰
It was a cop killer with a shotgun.
是一个拿着猎枪的警♥察♥杀手
And you just got your brains blown out
你的脑袋被打爆了
because you were too busy chitchatting.
就因为你忙着闲聊天
And because you weren't watching, I'm dead, too.
而且因为你没看到 我也死了
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
You're dead.
你都死了
So how can you be sorry?
你要怎么感到抱歉
I don't know.
我不知道
Something about the kid just rubs me the wrong way.
这孩子身上有什么地方让我感觉不对
So, you don't think he's up to the job?
你觉得他不能胜任这份工作吗
Thank you. No.
谢谢 倒也不是
He was the top recruit at the academy.
他是警校里顶尖的新人
He's a rock star.
他很优秀
I mean, he's definitely up to the job.
他绝对能胜任这份工作
So then, what's bugging you?
那你在烦什么
Here. Elevate a little higher.
来 稍微抬高一点
You know, he's just one of those pick-me types.
你知道 他就是那种爱出头的类型
Always has his hand up in the air.
总是把手高高举起
Always got to rush in first.
总得第一个冲到前面
He's just so... I don't know.
他就是太... 我不知道
Hungry.
太饥渴了
Weren't you hungry when you hit the streets?
你刚开始工作的时候不饥渴吗
Yeah, but I was hungry for justice.
是啊 但我渴望的是正义
Part of me worries this boy's hungry for something else.
我有点担心这孩子渴望别的东西
Like what?
比如什么
Power.
权力
Glory. Control.
荣耀 控制
And what about the other part of you?
那你另一方面怎么想
The other part of me worries that he might be in it for all the right reasons,
另一方面 我担心他当警♥察♥的原因完全正当
and that my main problem, at the moment,
而目前主要的问题是
is that it's hard for me to keep up with him.
我很难跟上他的步伐
How's it feeling, by the way?
感觉怎么样了
Hurts like hell.
疼死了
You know, Bobby wants me to use a crutch,
巴比想让我用拐杖
剧集 | 紧急呼救 | 导航列表