剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
If you make this just about a tax bill,
如果你只在征税问题上争执
your argument is so narrow, that even if you win,
你的抗♥议♥就会太狭窄 这样即使你赢了
most states are still gonna be able to ban gay marriage.
大多数州还是能够禁止同性婚姻
With all due respect, you're shooting for the cheap seats.
恕我直言 你是一叶障目不见泰山
DOMA is far from narrow.
婚姻保护♥法♥绝不狭隘
It involves more than 1,100 federal rights and duties,
它包含了超过1100条联邦权利和义务
from social security to healthcare to taxes.
范围从社会保障到卫生保健到征税
You're arguing for marriage in all 50 states.
你在征求所有五十个州婚姻自♥由♥的权利
It's so broad.
这太广泛了
Your arguments are so broad, we could end up with nothing.
你的诉求太广泛 最后我们可能什么都得不到
My client is Edie.
我的客户是伊迪
She lost the love of her life,
她失去了一生挚爱
And that injury was met with an unjust tax bill.
不公平的征税条令更往她伤口上撒盐
When the country meets her,
当这个国家看到她的时候
They'll want even more for her and the rest of us like her.
他们会更想了解她 进而想了解和她一样的千千万万个我们
This is about Edie for me.
我帮伊迪抗争是为了我自己
Did you get the president?
你们争取到总统了吗?
We have one republican senator.
我们争取到了一位共和党议员
and Clinton and Biden are in,
克♥林♥顿♥和拜登也支持
But it's an election year.
但这是大选年
It's a bigger risk for the president.
总统要冒的风险更大
You boys might find my approach narrow,
你们男人可能觉得我的切入点很窄
but my case puts us in a position
但是我都案子让我们能够
to demand the president take a side,
要求总统站个队
and I can assure you I won't let him off the hook
我向你保证 哪怕今年是大选年
Just because this is an election year.
我也一定会让他站我们这边
Hi, Roma.
嗨 罗玛
Hi, sis.
嗨 姐姐
What's wrong?
怎么了?
Listen, I don't want you to feel bad about saying no.
听着 我不想让你为拒绝而内疚
It's a lot, and it might be really short notice
这事挺难接受的 而且可能通知你得有点急
based on the courts, um...
法♥院♥说...
Oh, god. What did you do?
天啊 你干了什么?
No, no, no. no, no. The Supreme Court.
不不不 是最高法♥院♥
Uh, Diane and I...
黛安和我...
are getting married.
要结婚了
Um... I mean, depending on what the courts say.
我是说 当然要看法♥院♥判决结果
Right. Right.
好的 好的
Well, I'd like to come.
我想参加你的婚礼
Don't you still believe in
你不是还相信
heaven and purgatory and all that?
天堂炼狱什么的吗?
I mean, how would you reconcile that?
你要如何处理这些呢?
You're my sister.
你是我妹妹
I put that away.
我可以忘掉那些
Listen, if you win this, I-I'd like to be there.
要是你赢了 我很愿意参加你的婚礼
Okay. Thank you.
好的 谢谢你
Bye.
拜
What's wrong?
怎么了
Now I'm afraid we might lose.
现在我怕我们会输了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Those in favor of providing funding
支持为城市救济教堂
for the City of Refuge Church, raise your hand.
提供资金的 请举手
The decades of struggle for our lives,
十余年的为我们的人生 为我们家人
our families, a god, a home...
为上帝 为有一个家的抗争
Now it was for all of the "us-es" out there,
现在这抗争变成了为所有被排除在外的我们
one struggle, one fight.
同一个抗争 同一场战斗
With what you got for us today,
有了你们今天给予我们的东西
we'll build a stronger church.
我们会建立一个更强大的教堂
I'll give you all I got.
我会把我得到的都给你
Amen.
阿门
Come here.
过来抱抱
There truly is a god for us.
上帝确实眷顾着我们
Over the course of several years,
在过去几年中
as I talked to friends and family,
我跟朋友和家人聊天时
when I think about members of my own staff
当我想到我的一些职工
who are in incredibly committed,
他们极尽忠诚
monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships,
一心一意地投入到只针对一人的同性关系中
who are raising kids together,
他们共同抚育后代
at a certain point, I've just concluded that, um,
在某个时刻 我得出了结论
for me personally,
从我个人角度
it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that,
我需要走出来确认这些话
uh, I think same-sex couples should be able to get married.
我认为同性♥伴♥侣♥应该有结婚的权利
The president said...
总统说...
The court has taken on two cases here
法庭在这里接受了
from opposite ends of the country,
来自这个国家两端的两个案子
and their rulings will stand as the law of the land.
它们的判决结果将成为这片大♥陆♥法律的一部分
Both of them come here
这里的两个案子
as public support for same-sex marriage is growing...
都表明公众对同性婚姻的支持
A different political climate than just four years ago,
造成了与四年前八号♥提案通过立法
When prop 8 became law.
截然不同的政♥治♥气候
Hi.
嗨
My name is Ken.
我叫肯
I'm from Bobbie's church.
我来自波比的教堂
I-I'm sorry. you're her...
很抱歉 你是她的...
Okay, first off, don't call him a her, all right?
好吧 首先 别把他教成她 好吗?
Matter of fact, you show that disrespect
实际上 你要是在他妈妈面前
in front of his mama, I'll show you
表现出这么不尊重 我就让你表现表现
how a man gets down in this family.
怎么在这个家面前颜面扫地
You listen.
你听着
Bobbie was a she when she walked this earth,
波比从降生起就是个女性
and she'll be a she when she's laid to rest.
她也将一直保持女性的身份 直至长眠地下
And we'll defend her to the grave for that right.
我们将一直维护她保持自我的权利
Let's go.
我们走吧
Your honor, we are saying that the state's interest
法官大人 我们是说 州政♥府♥在
in what we have framed as responsible procreation
我们所言的负责任的繁衍上的利益
is vital. But suppose the state said
是至关重要的 但是假如州政♥府♥说
the focus of marriage should be procreation.
婚姻的关注点就应该是繁衍
Are we not giving marriage licenses to couples
我们难道不给男女双方年龄均超过55岁的伴侣
where both the man and woman are over 55?
发放结婚证书吗?
I can assure you there are not a lot of children
我跟你保证 这样的婚姻
coming out of those marriages.
往往不会有什么子嗣
When did it become unconstitutional
什么时候起 禁止同性♥伴♥侣♥结婚
to exclude homosexual couples from marriage?
成了违宪的呢?
1791? When?
1791? 还是什么时候?
When did it become unconstitutional
什么时候起 禁止种族通婚
to prohibit interracial marriage?
成了违宪的呢?
Don't give me a question to my question.
别用问题回答我的问题
The case before you is whether or not
现在你面前的案子是
the state of California can take a clear class
加利福尼亚州政♥府♥能不能
of individuals based upon their
基于某一群体不同的特性
distinguishing characeristics
把他们单独拿出来
and remove from them their right to privacy,
不让他们享受婚姻所赋予他们的
liberty, association,
隐私 自♥由♥
spirituality, and identity
集♥会♥结社权 精神支持
that marriage gives them.
和自我认同
Well, that's really...
那真是...
That's quite a broad argument,
那是个很宽泛的论断
particularly in this case, Mr. Olson, don't you think?
尤其针对本案 奥尔森先生 您不觉得吗?
Quite broad.
相当宽泛
When I'm there in the City of Refuge Church...
当我在城市救济教堂的时候
It's like my heart and soul found one home.
我的灵魂仿佛找到了归属
This family is in mourning...
这个家庭在戴孝
... and filled with a lot of fear.
而且充满着恐惧
They would trust you.
他们会信任你的
And I believe if we work together,
而且我相信如果我们齐心协力
we can help them through these challenges.
我们能帮助他们渡过难关
With respect, Justice Kennedy, that's not right.
恕我直言 肯尼迪大♥法♥官 这是不对的
No state loses any benefits
承认同性婚姻合法
by recognizing same-sex marriage.
各州权益是不会受损的
They're not a question of additional benefits.
这不是额外受益的问题
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表