剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
但作为亲身体验者我有权发声
I can speak as a human being who's lived it.
很好 交叉质询
Very well. Cross-examine.
没有问题 法官大人
We have no questions, Your Honor.
好 那明天继续
Okay. Then we will resume tomorrow.
如果他们不反对我们的话怎么立案
How can they build a case if they don't challenge us?
他们请的是一流的律师
They hired a first-rate lawyer.
满肚子的阴谋诡计
He's got something up his sleeve.
我是个女人
I'm a woman...
一直都是
Always have been.
但他们还是把我关进了男子监狱
They still put me in that man's cell in jail.
我还以为我会死在那里
Thought I was gonna die in there.
当保罗过来告诉我 我的前任死于艾滋病
When Paul came and told me my old partner had died of AIDS,
我心里想 "我会这么死"
I thought to myself, "This is how I'm gonna die."
所以我对我自己说 如果我能活着走出监狱
So, I said to myself, if I could survive jail,
我会找到他没能找到的救赎
I was gonna find the salvation that he couldn't.
你今晚准备睡在哪
Where you gonna sleep tonight?
我不知道
I don't know.
你不知道
You don't know?
这里不是救济站
This is not a place for handouts.
这里是让你开始帮助自己的地方
It's for you to start helping you.
为什么不能让他们待在这
Why can't they just stay here?
我们没有那么多的床
We don't have enough beds for them.
需要帮助的人
There's more hands being held out
远远比缴纳什一税的人多
than hands paying tithes.
我们现在都仅仅是勉强负担得起这
We can barely afford this.
市政厅的帮助呢
What about help from the city?
我们试过了
We tried that.
市政厅对我们这并不感兴趣
City Hall's got no interest in us here.
-很高兴能来这里 -市长先生 我知道
- Good to be here. - Mr. Mayor, I understand
您已经在旧金山实行了全民医保
you've got universal healthcare in San Francisco.
能和我们聊一聊这事吗
Tell us about it.
好 我们是全美唯一一个
Yes. Only city in the United States of America
健康旧金山
实行全民医保的城市
that's doing universal healthcare
在这里人们可以得到医疗之家
where people are able to get a medical home
和一张医保卡 选择公立或私立医院
and a medical card, public, private choice.
我们认为这为其他城市作了示范
We think it's a model program for the rest of the country.
你知道我们赢了吧
You do realize we won, right?
怎么了 罗玛
What's wrong, Roma?
我赢了就是这个样子的
This is just how I am when I win.
你应该看看我们打赢六号♥提案的时候我的样子
You should have seen me when we beat Prop 6.
黛安明天就从科特迪瓦回来了
Diane will be back from the Ivory Coast tomorrow.
我没事的
I'll be fine.
所以这就是胜利的样子
So, this is what winning looks like.
也许我们来这里是为了比我们自身更重要的事
Maybe we're here for something bigger than ourselves.
也许我们就是被派来作斗争的
Maybe we were put here to fight.
里程碑式的诉讼案件
同性婚姻之战
几个星期以来 很多证人在宣誓下
For weeks, dozens of witnesses told the stories of our lives,
爱与宽容
波顿联邦大楼
美国法♥院♥
讲述了我们的生活 家庭和挣扎的故事
our families, and our struggle under oath.
你知道大多数法♥院♥
Do you know that a majority of courts,
以及大多数美国人
as well as a majority of Americans,
已经裁决同性没有结婚的权利
have ruled there is no right to same-sex marriage?
但是当轮到他们的时候
But when their turn came,
传统婚姻
我们都有结婚的自♥由♥
他们只叫了两名证人
they called only two witnesses
婚姻依然=一男+一女
只请了一名婚姻方面的专家
and only one expert on marriage.
并不是他们不想要他们自己的专家证人
It's not that they didn't want expert witnesses of their own here.
他们有半打人排着队要来
They had half a dozen lined up,
但是几乎所有人
but almost all of them backed out
在宣誓作证后都退缩了
after their sworn depositions.
向媒体发表声明是件很容易的事
You see, it's easy to make statements to the press.
但是当你得宣誓为这些意见辩护时
But when you have to defend those opinions under oath,
他们的论据就不攻自破了
their arguments fell apart.
他们只剩下一名专家
And all they have left is one expert.
布兰肯霍恩先生 婚姻的主要目的是什么
Mr. Blankenhorn, what is the primary purpose of marriage?
人类学家斯特劳斯曾经把婚姻描述为
Well, the anthropologist Strauss once described marriage
一个具有生物学基础的社会制度
as a social institution with a biological foundation.
我们靠性来生育
We reproduce sexually.
麦琪赶来了
Oh, Maggie made it.
只有一种制度
And there is only one institution
能将所有这些方面聚集到一起
that brings together all these dimensions,
那就是婚姻制度
and that would be the institution of marriage
因为我们知道这对孩子们来说是多么重要
because we know how important this is for the children.
法官大人 没有问题了
Your Honor, no further questions.
谢谢
Thank you.
布兰肯霍恩先生 有任何你信赖的学者说过
Mr. Blankenhorn, have any of the scholars you've relied on
允许同性婚姻
said that permitting same-sex marriage
将导致异性婚姻数量的减少吗
will cause a reduction in heterosexual marriage?
回答"是""不是"还是"我不知道"
That is a "Yes," "No," or "I don't know."
我相信一些我引证过的一些学者
I believe that some of the scholars that I have cited...
主张允许同性婚姻
have asserted that permitting same-sex marriage
会促成婚姻的去制度化
would contribute to the de-institutionalization of marriage.
表现之一就是
One of the manifestations of that would be
会降低异性恋的结婚率
to lower the marriage rate among heterosexuals.
但是我不确定
But I do not have sure knowledge that,
以你要求我回答的方式
in the form of the words that you're asking me to use,
他们主张
that they would have made the assertion
允许同性婚姻一定会
that permitting same-sex marriage would definitely,
直接降低
directly lower the marriage rate among, uh,
异性恋的结婚率
heterosexual...couples.
如果我把那理解为"我不知道"
If I were to interpret that as an "I don't know"...
法官大人 我可以为您重新表述一下
Your Honor, I can restate it for you.
已经记录清楚了
The -- The record is -- is clear.
我以前也有过这种感觉
I've felt this way before.
就是 我总觉得我不适合赢
It's just, I always thought I wasn't cut out for winning,
所以我不停地斗争
so I kept fighting.
你赢得了休息
Well, you've earned a break.
差不多是我赢得过的唯一东西了
That's about all I've earned.
我帮助建造了这城市
I helped build this city.
如果我退休的话却负担不起住在这里
I can't afford to live in it if I retire.
我不会走的
Well, I'm not leaving.
我的家庭在这里
My family's here.
怎么
What?
你希望我怎么说
What do you expect me to say?
不知道 但是也许不是
Well, I-I don't know, but maybe not,
"回见 罗玛"
"See you later, Roma."
-但是 不 严格来说 -我
- But, no, technically -- - Well, I --
严格来说 我是个租客 你走吧
Technically, I am a renter, so go.
去找你的家人一起住吧
Go stay with your family.
-你真的会走吗 -我不知道 但是我
- You'd really leave? - I don't know, but I'm --
我一睁眼感觉就像 "怎么回事"
I'm kind of waking up here and going, like, "What?"
这里有什么是真正属于我的吗
if any of this is actually mine.
-罗玛 怎么回事 -我也不想这么问
- Roma, what is this? - And I -- I hate that I'm asking that,
但我就是问了
but I am.
妈 她哪也不去
Mom, she's not going anywhere.
她现在喜欢上我的孩子了
She's in love with my kids now.
我住不起这儿 安妮
I can't afford to live here, Annie.
你还是孩子的时候 就买♥♥了套四层楼的房♥子
You bought a four-story building when you were a kid.
你一辈子也没为钱的事发过愁
You have never freaked out about money your entire life.
得了吧 到底怎么回事
Give me a break. What is it?
你不再爱我了吗
You don't love me anymore?
-罗玛 -我的天 我明白了
- Roma? - Oh, God. I get it.
什么
What?
你 你 你明白什么了
What -- what -- what do you get?
我觉得你应该向她求婚 妈
I think you need to propose to her, mom.
你或许不信 因为我也不信
You might not buy it -- 'cause neither did I --
但是这不仅仅是一个词
but it's not just a word.
在这点上我比你们清楚
And I know better than you two on this one.
你得求婚 妈
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表