剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
Previously on "When We Rise"...
"当我们崛起时" 前情提要
Once baptized,you must not go back to your old ways.
一旦接受了洗礼 你就再也回不去了
The rish people come here in sick get better.We come here in sick and we die.
富人病了来这能治好 但我们病了来这只是等死
Why not call it a medical home for every single San Franciscan?
为什么不把它称作服务于全旧金山人♥民♥的"医疗之家"呢
Every single San Franciscan.
全旧金山人♥民♥是吧
Welcome to the City of Refuge.
欢迎来到逃城教会
Welcome home.
欢迎回家
Words have meaning, Roma.
每个词都有意义的 罗玛
Word "married" might mean something more than it used to.
"已婚"这词包含的意义也许比以前重要得多
What if we take Prop 8 to the Supreme Court?
我们把八号♥提案告上最高法♥院♥怎样
I'll say it's too soon.It's not our turn saying...
我觉得操之过急了 时机尚未成熟
It's radical.
这确实很激进
We turn to San Francisco
我们转向旧金山
And the opening day of a trial
史无前例的对禁止同性结婚法令
in the first-ever federal case
发起挑战的联邦庭审案件
challenging laws against gay marriage.
在今日开庭了
Over the next several weeks,
在今后的几周中
the testimony coming from this court
来自这一法庭的证词
might sound like policy and politics,
可能听起来像是政策和政♥治♥
but to many young people out there,
但对那里的很多年轻人来说
this trial will sound more like this...
这场庭审则更像是这样...
"you are not alone."
"你不是一个人"
No federal case starts at the U.S. supreme court.
没有哪个联邦案件是直接从最高法♥院♥开始审理的
First you must survive a district court
首先你要在自家门口
in your own backyard,
在整个国家的注视之下
with the whole country watching...
先在区法♥院♥判决
And most importantly, let it be
最重要的是 让人们知道
heard that your love is valued.
你们的爱同样有价值
Marriage is the only institution we have
婚姻是唯一能够
that's about bringing together
把人性伟大的两半
the two great halves of humanity, male and female,
男性和女性 结合在一起的东西了
so that children can know and be known by
依此孩子能够与父母
and love and be loved by their own mother and father.
相互理解 相亲相爱
... and against an opposition who fought
...同时反对那些极尽所能
to make sure the world couldn't hear our case.
来阻止世界了解我们案子的人们
They've spent millions of dollars in misleading ads
他们为了通过八号♥提案 已经花了几百万
in order to pass prop 8,
来做误导人的广♥告♥
And now in a court of law they fought to ban cameras.
如今在法庭上 他们还想禁止摄影记录
Don't we deserve to know
难道我们不应该了解
just exactly what it is that they're trying to hide?
他们极尽所能想要隐藏的到底是什么东西吗?
When I first met Sandy,
我第一次遇见珊迪的时候
I thought she might be the sparkliest person I ever met.
我觉得她是我见过最优秀耀眼的人了
And over time, our friendship grew deeper and deeper.
随着时间推移 我们友情愈发坚固
And after a few years, I thought,
几年后 我想
"I might be falling in love with her."
"我可能是爱上她了"
Sandy, why do you want to be married?
珊迪 你为什么想结婚?
I want this for us.
我们的感情值得有婚姻
And I want our children and our children's children
我也想让我们的子子孙孙
to feel like they can love who they love
都能明白 他们可以自♥由♥选择自己的恋人
and be treated fairly.
且能被平等对待
Can you tell this court your feelings for Jeffrey?
你能在法庭上陈述你对杰弗里的感情吗?
I found someone I know I can
我找到了值得我
dedicate the rest of my life to.
托付终生的人
And when you find someone that's not only your best friend,
当你遇到这个人 他不仅是你最好的朋友
but your best advocate and supporter in life,
也是你人生中最好的支持者时
It's a natural next step to want
自然而然地 你就想进行下一步
to be married to that person.
与之结婚
The word "marriage" has meaning.
"婚姻"一词是有意义的
It symbolizes... maybe the most important decision
它代表着...可能是你作为成年人
you make as an adult.
做出的最重要的决定
I love Jeff more than I love myself.
我对杰夫的爱 胜过我对自己的爱
And to be excluded in that way is so incredible harmful.
但我们却被如此排斥 这太伤人了
I can't speak as an expert.
我不是什么专家
I can speak as a human being who's lived it.
我只是一个经历过这些事情的活生生的人
Very well. Cross-examine.
很好 反询问时间
We have no questions, your honor.
法官大人 我们没有问题
Okay. Then we will resume tomorrow.
好的 今日休庭 明日继续开庭
How can they build a case if they don't challenge us?
他们不回问我们 要怎么完成案件呢?
They hired a first-rate lawyer.
他们请了顶尖的律师
He's got something up his sleeve.
他是有两把刷子的
I'm a woman...
我是一个女人...
Always have been.
我一直都是
They still put me in that man's cell in jail.
他们却把我投放到男性监狱里面
Thought I was gonna die in there.
我以为我要死在里面了
When Paul came and told me my old partner had died of AIDS,
当保罗过来告诉我 我以前的性♥伴♥侣♥死于艾滋的时候
I thought to myself, "this is how I'm gonna die."
我心想 "我也要这样死去了"
So, I said to myself, if I could survive jail,
所以我下定决定 要是我能够从监狱活着出去
I was gonna find the salvation that he couldn't.
我定要寻到他没能找到的救赎
Where you gonna sleep tonight?
你今晚要睡哪呀?
Unh. I don't know.
我不知道
You don't know?
你不知道?
This is not a place for handouts.
这里可不是救济站
It's for you to start helping you.
这是让你自助自爱的地方
Why can't they just stay here?
他们为什么不能住下呢?
We don't have enough beds for them.
我们床位不够
There's more hands being held out
要帮助的人远多于
than hands paying tithes.
交税支持我们的人
We can barely afford this.
我们已经在勉强维持了
What about help from the city?
为什么不从市里要一点支援呢?
We tried that.
试过了
City hall's got no interest in us here.
市政厅对我们不感兴趣
Mr. mayor,
市长先生
I understand you've got universal healthcare
据我所知你已经在旧金山实行了
in san francisco. Tell us about it.
普遍卫生保健系统 给我们讲讲吧
Yes. Only city in the United States of America
好的 我们是全美国唯一一个
that's doing universal healthcare
实行普遍卫生保健系统的城市
where people are able to get a medical home
有针对市民的医疗救助站
and a medical card, public, private choice.
医疗卡 公共或私人的医疗选择
We think it's a model program for the rest of the country.
我觉得这是全国其他城市可以参考的楷模
You do realize we won, right?
你意识到我们赢了 对吧?
What's wrong, Roma?
有什么不对吗 罗玛?
This is just how I am when I win.
我赢的时候就这幅样子
You should have seen me when we beat prop 6.
你该看看我们否决六号♥提案后我的样子
Diane will be back from the ivory coast tomorrow.
黛安明天从象牙海岸回来
I'll be fine.
我会没事的
So, this is what winning looks like.
所以 这就是胜利的滋味吗
Maybe we're here for something bigger than ourselves.
也许我们是为超越我们个人的更宏伟目标在奋斗
Maybe we were put here to fight.
也许我们在这就是来抗争的
For weeks, dozens of witnesses
几周以来 几十位证人
told the storie of our lives,
宣誓后讲述着我们自己
our families, and our struggle under oath.
我们家人和我们的抗争故事
Do you know that a majority of courts,
你知道大多数法庭成员
as well as a majority of Americans,
以及大多数美国人
have ruled there is no right to same-sex marriage?
都认为不应有同性婚姻吗?
But when their turn came,
但轮到他们陈述的时候
they called only two witnesses
他们只传唤了两位证人
and only one expert on marriage.
和一位婚姻专家
It's not that they didn't want
不是他们不想要
expert witnesses of their own here.
自己的专家出庭作证
They had half a dozen lined up,
他们本来与六个人可以的
but almost all of them backed out
但是几乎所有人
after their sworn depositions.
都在宣誓作证后退缩了
You see, it's easy to make statements to the press.
对媒体发声很容易
But when you have to defend those opinions under oath,
但是当你要起誓并维护这些观点的时候
their arguments fell apart.
他们的争辩就七零八落了
And all they have left is one expert.
现在他们就剩一位专家了
Mr. Blankenhorn, what is the primary purpose of marriage?
布兰肯霍恩先生 婚姻的主要目的是什么?
Well, the anthropologist Strauss once described marriage
人类学家施特劳斯曾经把婚姻
as a social institution with a biological foundation.
定义为基于生理基础的社会制度
We reproduce sexually.
人类有性生殖
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表