剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
Give it a chance.
-你好 我是特德·奥尔森 -我知道你是谁
- Hi. Ted Olson. - I know who you are.
问题是 克利夫
The thing is, Cleve,
我觉得重点不是赢得五票支持
I don't think this is about winning 5-4,
也不仅仅是赢得婚姻平权
and it isn't just about winning marriage.
这是为了尽我们所能
This is about winning every single one
赢得每一位法官的支持
of those nine justices that we can.
这是关于平等保护和法定诉讼程序
This is about equal protection and due process.
一部包括了同性恋的《宪法》
A Constitution that includes gay people.
这不会破坏你在华盛顿全男子俱乐部的声誉吗
Won't this destroy your reputation in your all-boys clubs in D.C.?
我们没你想象的那么不同
We're not as different as you'd like to believe.
我也到过风暴中心
I've been in the eye of the storm,
和你一样 我会为了自己的信念而奋斗
and like you, I believe in something, I do it.
我不会仅仅给别人当枪使
I would not be just some hired gun.
你知道大卫·博伊斯是谁
You know who David Boies is.
当然 他是他在布♥什♥诉戈尔案中的手下败将
Of course. He's the lawyer he beat in Bush v. Gore,
就是那次官司给了我们乔治·W·布♥什♥
the case that gave us George W. Bush.
-对此十分感谢 -不客气
- And thank you for that. - You're quite welcome.
特德让大卫和他一起代理此案
Ted asked David to argue the case with him.
大卫同意了
David agreed.
这简直是完美团队
That would be a dream team...
红蓝两党超越政♥治♥分歧合作
red and blue going beyond the political divide.
所以我就这么放弃我的立法策略
And so I... I just drop my legislative strategy,
放弃《民权法案》
my Civil Rights Act?
那可能耗上数十年
That could take decades.
我们很可能活不到亲眼见证法案通过
We likely wouldn't live to see it signed.
而且《宪法》已经指出
And I believe the Constitution already says
你拥有和其他公民一样的所有权利
you have every right that every other citizen has.
所有人都会反对的
Everyone will be against this.
我是说... 他们会说这太快了
I mean they'll... they'll say it's too soon,
还轮不到我们
it's not our turn.
大部分美国人持反对态度
Most Americans are against it.
在我们前往最高法♥院♥的路上
One bad decision by any judge
只要任何法官作出错误决定
on our way up to the Supreme Court...
都可能是灾难性的
it could be catastrophic.
这太疯狂了
It's... it's insane.
这很激进 没错 确实激进
It's radical. Yeah. It's radical.
查德 如果你读了我们的计划
Chad, if you'd read our plan,
加州 洛杉矶
你会发现里面有约定
you know there's an agreed-upon,
在25年内争取婚姻平等的渐进式策略
25-year, incremental strategy for marriage equality.
可是你们的计划 制定于八号♥提案通过之前
But your plan... it was made before Prop 8 passed.
制定于随之而来的起义之前
It was made before the uprising that followed.
如今世界发生了改变
The... the world has changed.
如今麦琪·加拉格和摩♥门♥教♥徒
With the tsunami of money coming at us
投入大量资金来对付我们
from Maggie Gallagher and the Mormons,
我们应该强化防御
we should be strengthening our defenses,
而不是刺♥激♥他们投入更多钱
not incite them more.
我们并不想通过此案超越任何人
We're not trying to leapfrog anybody with this case.
但我想请你认识到此刻背后的能量
But I would ask that you recognize the energy behind this moment
和我们一起 说出真♥相♥
and, with us, help get our truth out.
这些是我们在特德·奥尔森手上输掉的所有案子
Those are all of the cases we've lost at the hands of Ted Olson.
他是我们的敌人 而不是领导者
He's our enemy, not our leader.
如果你们要执行此计划的话
If you move ahead with this,
我们就把这些文件交给媒体
we will release this file to the media.
这样的话 就该你来做
Then, uh -- Then -- Then you should do it.
一个代理过所有保守党案子的人
Someone who's represented all of these conservative cases --
可以把公众舆♥论♥带到一个我们
that would move public opinion in places we --
以为不可能的地步
we never even thought possible.
格里芬先生 这是警告
Mr. Griffin, you've been warned.
他们几乎是这个国家同志权利
That was, uh, almost the entire gay-rights
和民权的全部领袖
and civil-rights leadership of this country.
所以 现在该轮到你来找人支持我们了
So, it's your turn to find support for us now
因为我们现在很需要
'cause we're gonna need it.
罗玛 我需要你发表一个声明
Roma, I need you to make a statement
支持我们关于婚姻的官司
in favor of our marriage case.
婚姻是用来镇♥压♥女性的
Marriage was constructed to subjugate women.
我知道 我在70年代就说过这话
I know. I said the same thing in the '70s
当时参与同性恋解放运动的人
when the gay-lib kids took over
在纽约霸占了那家婚礼蛋糕店
that wedding-cake shop in New York.
但你记得肯吧
But you remember Ken.
当然
Of course.
理查德死后他沦落街头
He got put out on the street when he lost Richard
因为他们没有结婚
because they weren't married, right?
因为我们没有婚姻的保障
I mean, how many more did we lose
我们还失去了多少
because we didn't have the protections of marriage?
保险 夫妻探视权
Or insurance or visitation?
这一直是个大问题
Now, that has been such an issue.
你的新公♥寓♥在哪里
Where's your new apartment?
干杯
Cheers.
-在卡斯特罗 -贵吗
- In the Castro. - Is it expensive?
很小 但如果我在工会的工作能一直做下去的话
It's small, but I should be able to pay the rent
我应该有能力付租金
if I can make this union job permanent.
听着 我在周六有个演讲
But listen -- I have a speech on Saturday,
如果你帮我给婚姻法案发表言论
and I will talk about your medical home
我就会谈谈你的医疗之家
if you give me a marriage quote.
你找错人了
You're barking up the wrong tree.
我可以通过消除婚姻
I'd get us all equal
让大家都平等
by getting rid of marriage for everyone.
我有好消息
I've got good news.
亲爱的 是什么
What's that, hon?
-我怀孕了 -什么
-I'm pregnant. -What?
我的天
Oh, my God!
恭喜你
Congratulations.
-谢谢 -这酒现在全归我了
- Thank you. - This is all mine now.
还有呢
And...
-我们决定结婚了 -嗯
- And we've decided to get married... - Mm-hmm.
举办婚礼
...and to have a wedding.
-真的吗 -嗯
- Really? - Mm-hmm.
为什么不把这些钱省下来当大学基金
I mean, why not save the money for a college fund?
杭德罗和我已经在一起几年了
Jandro and I have been together for years.
我已经厌倦了叫他孩子他爹
I'm sick of calling him my baby daddy.
如果我能称他为我的丈夫
If I could call him my husband,
我就不必每次都解释了
I wouldn't have to explain everything every time.
罗玛 每个词都是有意义的
Words have meaning, Roma.
我从未叫过你"妈妈"
I never called you "Mom,"
所以我们总是要解释清楚
so we always had to explain everything.
但是你现在是"外婆"了 每个人都懂
But now you're "Grandma," And everyone gets it.
"已婚"这个词可能也有意义
The word "married" might mean something, too,
比从前更有意义
more than it used to.
罗玛 每个词都是有意义的
Words have meaning, Roma.
干杯
Cheers.
恭喜
Congratulations.
我们必须回去 好吗
We got to get back, all right?
敲中间
Hit it right there in the middle.
跑 快跑 快跑 跟上
Run! Run! Run! Come on!
跟上 快跑
Come on! Run!
所以 我们现在有了工会的支持
So, we've got the unions behind us now.
拜托 市长能帮我们取得我们所需的票数
Come on. The mayor can get the votes we need.
我只是要你把他带到妇女大楼
I just need you to bring him down to the women's building.
罗玛 今天是安妮婚礼的日子
Roma, it's Annie's wedding day.
就先暂时放放吧
I mean, girl, give it a rest.
他散发出一种爱的共鸣
He resonates love
他还是自信平衡和诚信的模范
as he models confidence, balance, integrity.
我选择他是因为我知道
I picked him because I knew that,
不论怎样 他都会是一个好父亲
no matter what, he'd be a great father.
安妮用激♥情♥和率真
Annie faces the world with
我们的家庭 我们的社群
passion and straightforwardness,
面对这世界
with our family and our community...
你有两个选择 监狱或是教堂
You got two options -- jail or church.
你回来的话就得帮我们
You come back to us, you come back to help us.
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表