剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
that I know are quite sure what you do.
你们是一个游说组织吗
Are you a lobbying group?
你们拿着筹款回来的
What do you do, exactly,
资源和钱是要做什么
with all the money and resources you collect?
琼斯先生 从80年代初期起 我们就开始为同一个事业奋斗
Mr. Jones, we've been advocating for the same causes
我会很高兴与你分♥析♥
since the early '80s. I'd be happy to share
我们现在战略举措 但是现在
the strategic inroads we're making, but for right now,
我们期望你能统一整个运动
we'd appreciate your help unifying the movement.
这点我支持你 那你又能做什么呢
Behind you. So you can do what?
我想我可以让总统在宴会上致辞
I think I can get the president to speak at your dinner.
虽然我是这届总统班子的新人
I-I'm new to this position and the administration,
但如果我不提出这样的请求 那么
but if I don't ask for things like this, well...
嗨 我是理查德 索卡里德斯
Hi. Richard Socarides,
总统在同性恋议题上的高级顾问
senior advisor to the president for gay and lesbian issues.
难道我们忘了对这个总统的种种失望吗
Are we forgetting this is the same president
他出♥台♥糟糕的 不问不说 政策
who screwed us over on "Don't ask, don't tell"
还有制订婚姻保护♥法♥(婚姻为一男和一女的结合)
and DOMA, the defense of marriage act,
反对同性恋结婚
against gay marriage?
我认为你没有想到总统在宴会上致辞
I think you're forgetting about the enormous symbolic value
将会有极其重大的象征意义
of having the president speak at this dinner.
你现在应该去推进联邦保护
You should be pushing for federal protections
在德克萨斯州和密西西比州的同志
for people in Texas and Mississippi,
他们还面临生命危险
where it's life or death,
而不是寻求象征意义
not looking for symbolic gestures.
上一次的冲突中 我是在刀下捡了条命
I survived the last backlash with a knife in my neck.
要是现在我们气势一弱 他们马上会趁胜追击
If you go soft now, they will come after us again,
用刀和新的法律对付我们
with knives and with new laws, as well.
我没搞明白 你现在是在为我们团体抗争
I'm sorry. Are you fighting for our community
还是在办一个乡村俱乐部
or starting a Country Club here?
我们该如何协助你 让总统来参加宴会
What do you need from us to get the president to the dinner?
你们需要更换场地 加强安保
Well, you'd have to change venues and add security.
那预算也就会有变
That would affect budget.
他已经戒过两次毒
He's been through detox twice,
但他还是在吸毒和喝酒来残害自己
but he continues to poison himself with drugs and alcohol.
我要让他离开这个治疗项目
I'm taking him out of this program.
既然你是他的保证人
And since you're his sponsor,
在放他走之前 需要提前告知你
I need to inform you before releasing him
这样你好做安排
so that you can make the arrangements.
看来我要错过墨西哥卷饼之夜了
Guess I'm gonna have to miss taco night.
知道么 我希望有那么一刻
You know, I wish for a moment
你能对自己坦诚 肯
that you could be honest with yourself, Ken.
玛吉 你的互助小组
You know, Marge, your support group
是针对艾滋病阳性患者
is supposed to be for HIV-positive addicts.
但没人会谈论艾滋病或是同性恋
No one talks about HIV or being gay,
想知道是为什么吗
and you want to know why?
他们害怕如果自己真的乖乖坦白
They're scared they're gonna lose their benefits
就会好处尽失
if they really do "Get honest."
个人的性行为首先必须证明是
The individual's sexual behavior would first have to be proven
明显消极的一面
to be a significant negative aspect
胜过他们的积极的
shown to outweigh their positive service a...
谁愿意冒那个险
Who the hell is going to risk that?
你知道你那小组是个什么东西么
You know what your group is?
就是一个大写的扯淡
It is capital, top-of-the-line bull!
冷静 冷静 先出去
All right, all right. Step outside.
我不
I will not!
我失去了我的爱人
I lost my lover.
失去了工作
I lost my job.
失去了家
I lost my home.
去他的 老子就要吸毒
And hell yeah, I started using!
这样才能忍♥受他么操蛋的生活
It's as close as I'm gonna get to good with these bads I got.
你为什么不给我艾滋病的药
So, why don't you give me my AIDS pills
让我回到精彩生活
and let me get back to the fabulous life?!
我说了让我单独谈谈 你滚出去
I said give me a minute and step your black ass outside!
我好不容易获得重生
I finally got my life started.
我做了手术 还有了家人
I got my surgery, my family,
甚至在卫♥生♥部♥门找到了一份工作
even a job with the health department.
我现在没办法接纳他
I can't take him in right now,
否则一个月后 我们双双回来这里戒毒
or we could both be back here in a month needing detox.
在过去三十二个学习日里 安妮缺席了十八次
In the last 32 school days, Annie's been absent 18 times.
为什么我们现在才知道这个消息
Why are we only hearing about this now?
我们发了通知
We sent notices.
我们收到你们的回信 说安妮的脊椎侧弯
We received your letter about Annie's scoliosis
需要做理疗
and her physical therapy.
什么脊椎侧弯
What scoliosis?
你们还真的相信这个
You people actually believed this?
明显是她自己写的
She obviously wrote it herself.
谁会相信她逃课十八次
Who would believe she would be absent 18 out
去做什么理疗
of 32 school days for physical therapy?
我们要管几百个学生
We have hundreds of students to keep track of.
需要父母多上点心
We count on parents paying attention.
或许对一个有特殊需要的女孩子来说
Perhaps this isn't the ideal setting
这里不是一个理想的环境
for a young woman with her specific needs.
我知道安妮不容易管
I-I know that Annie is... not easy.
但如果这里不行 我们该去哪儿
But if not here, where do we go?
现在只有一个选择
Well, there's really only one option
只有这个学校会在学期中收下她
that would take her middle of the year and
并且会给予她需要的关心
give her the attention that she needs...
圣凯萨琳
St. Catherine's.
往南边几个街区的天主教学校
A catholic school a few blocks south.
等下 等下
Excuse me. Excuse me.
我只是想说
Hi. Look, I-I just want to say that I have...
我非常尊敬你
I have a lot of respect for you
你为同志运动做了很多努力
and the work you've done for the movement.
而你准备毁掉这些努力
Oh, the work you seem determined to undo?
不是吧 这么说可是一点都不公平
Come on. That is not entirely fair, now.
读一下历史 理查德
Read your history, Richard.
我们要的是战士 不是说客
We need fighters, not lobbyists.
这不是场运动
This is not a movement.
那么 很高兴见到你
Well, it was nice meeting you.
你姓索卡里德斯 和查尔斯 索卡里德斯有什么关系么
Socarides. Any relation to Charles Socarides,
那个恨死同性恋的精神科医生 他咒我们这代人不得好死
that homophobe shrink who damned my entire generation?
他是我的父亲
He's my father.
祝一天愉快
Have a good day.
事实上 一个人若是同性恋
The fact that somebody is homosexual...
一个真正 绝对的同性恋
a true, obligatory homosexual... automatically rules out...
那么他就自然地 排除了长久幸福的可能性
the possibility that he will remain happy for long.
不是所有的正常人
It's not like all the normal people
都会给外人一个机会
don't give the outsiders a choice.
他们说 你可以随心所欲
They say, you're free to behave,
跟着他们 打成一片
to blend in, to tag along with them,
但一定要保持低调
as long as you keep quiet.
或者 你也可以做自己
Or you can be you.
你想叫多大声就叫多大 但他们只会孤立你
You can be as loud as you want, and they'll leave you in exile.
打扰下
Uh, excuse me.
打扰下
Hey, excuse me.
你的孩子
Your baby.
没事
It's okay.
很好
It's all right.
没事的 不会有事
There we go. It's all right.
这是一个组织严谨的地方
It is a highly structured environment,
学生的学业成绩可以证明这一点
and we have the academic results to show for it.
我们想把话说清楚
We want to be really open here.
我是说 这是一所天主教学校
I... I mean, this is a catholic school.
会有多容忍♥
How tolerant are...
我们是拉拉
So, we're lesbians.
安妮的爸爸是一个男同
And Annie's dad is a gay man,
一个曝光度很高的男同 因为他将要竞选市长
a highly visible gay man who's about to run for mayor.
所以 我们犹豫不决
So, obviously we're hesitant to place her anywhere
不想把她放到 可能会受骚扰的地方
where there could be some kind of... harassment.
你懂我的意思么
You know what I'm saying?
我们支持背景不同的学生
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表