剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
...is more aptly called, "Let's Pretend."
我们来假装同性恋不存在吧
Let's pretend gay people simply don't exist...
♬I'm thinking of you♬
我们带着满满的尊严和荣誉感说
We say, with full dignity and glory,
我们已经受够了
that we are fed up
不得不为我们自己辩解
having to justify ourselves!
还有我们厌倦了那些恶意
And we are sickened by the hatred and...
他们说我可以跟他们一起去见汤姆的家人
They said I could go with them to meet Tom's family.
不是我主动问的
I didn't ask.
去新泽西吗
To New Jersey?
这事我们得商量下
Well, it's certainly something we can talk about.
妈 意思就是你不同意
Mom, that always means no.
不是 意思是我们得商量下
No. It means we'll talk about it.
"不"才是不同意的意思
"No" means no.
这是一次很好的机会
It's a good chance, right,
可以去看看有趣的新泽西人♥民♥
to meet those interesting New Jersey people.
不过作为一个非常规家庭的乐趣之一是
But part of the fun of being an out-of-the-box family
我们可以尝试所有的新事物
is that we get to do all this new stuff,
但我们要先商量商量
but we've got to talk about it first
这样我们才能弄明白是吧
so we can figure it out, right?
我们会弄明白的
And we'll figure it out.
对吧
Right?
她整个人
She's kind of like this
就像变了一样
whole new sort of daughter.
我们为什么不告诉她需要的所有信息
So, why not give her all the information she needs
让她自己琢磨该怎么做
to figure out how to do that,
即使这意味着
even if that means
让一个男同加入我们的生活
bringing a gay man into our lives?
某种意义上就像我们已经是一家人了
In a way, it's kind of like we're family already.
在你还小的时候
When you were small,
你很喜欢乔装打扮
you loved to dress up.
我...我们以为只是为了好玩
I -- We thought that just was for fun.
这个
It...
泰国有医生可以治好我
There are doctors now in Thailand who could help me.
你想
You want --
你想做我的女儿吗
You want to be my daughter?
我们的女儿
Our daughter.
我一直都是
I always was.
需要多少钱
How much would be?
好了
Okay.
同性恋爸爸
Gay dads.
我好奇这会不会流行起来
I wonder if that'll ever be a thing.
得了吧
Uh, please.
卡罗尔·米格登赢得了竞选
Carole Migden won her election.
苏珊·里尔和莱斯利·凯兹也赢了
So did openly gay Susan Leal and Leslie Katz.
记者们把这称为"女同热"
And journalists called it a "Lesbian sweep"
我们的姐♥妹♥们♥获得了在我们一个个死去前
as our sisters secured the seats that gay men once held
曾经属于男同的席位
before our lives were ripped away.
我的快递到达之前就发生了
It happened before my package got there,
德克萨斯一个医生建议他
when, um... a doctor in Texas told him to
写个遗嘱
consider writing a will.
他刚生病那会就总说
He'd always said that when he started to get sick,
他要自行了断
he would end things himself.
他不想让我看到
He didn't want me to see it...
他痛苦的样子
didn't want me to see him suffer.
不
No.
不 不要
No, no, no.
如果他能再撑几周
If he'd just held on a few more weeks,
情况也许就能好转
he might have gotten better.
但他不知道
But he didn't know.
我愿舍弃一切
I would give anything
只为再次凝视他的双眸
to see his eyes again...
再次被他拥抱
to have him hold me...
一次就好
just one more time.
♬Today is gonna be the day♬
♬That they're gonna throw it back to you♬
新床单登记
♬By now you should've somehow♬
♬realized what you gotta do♬
♬I don't believe♬
♬that anybody feels the way I do♬
♬About you now♬
你用不着给我讲
You don't need to lecture me
扩大使用人群的必要
about the need for expanded access.
如果你今天不烧了这些纪念被
And I would appreciate it
我将不胜感激
if you didn't set fire to the quilt today.
我爱人两周前去世了
I lost my lover two weeks ago.
我给他做了这个鞍褥
And I made him this panel.
♬I don't believe that anybody♬
起作用了 不是吗
It's working, isn't it?
这些人都看到了我们
All these people, they're seeing us.
但愿如此
I hope so.
这也许是纪念被的最后一次展览
This may be the last time the entire quilt
现在已有近1600米长
is displayed, as it is now a mile long...
他应该去
He should do it.
我们应该让总统来观看纪念被
We should get the president to visit the quilt.
什么 不行
What? No.
"不问不说"的政策才刚刚出♥台♥
The ink's barely dry on Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
他会被严厉指责的
He'd get crucified out there.
来自五湖四海的朋友伴侣和家人
Family, friends, lovers, and parents
来到了这里
from all over the country have come...
贝蒂 我是理查德·索卡里德斯
Betty, hi. It's Richard Socarides.
你好吗
How are you?
很好
Good.
总统有午餐安排吗
Does the president have lunch plans?
截止那年的展览
And by that year and that display,
在疫情爆发后整整一代人的时间里
a generation after the epidemic began,
夺掉了34.2万美国人的生命
342,000 Americans had died.
我还是没能引起
And still I had failed
联邦政♥府♥的注意
to get the attention of the federal government.
美国总统也没有参观那些纪念被
Still no U.S. President had visited the quilt.
然后像做梦一样
And then, like in a dream,
我身边所有的人都开始退后
all the people around me started to back away,
我看到穿着制♥服♥
and I saw men in suits
佩戴着无线电通讯的人叫人们退后
with thin ropes keeping everybody back.
突然只剩我一个人
And suddenly I was on my own
站在数量不断增长的
in this ever-increasing
被子中间
field of quilt panels.
接着他们来了
And there they were --
克♥林♥顿♥总统和他夫人
the president and Mrs. Clinton.
她说她知道有人死了
She said she'd known people who had died,
所以我们去找他们的名字
so we looked for their names.
然后我说"总统先生
And then I said, "Mr. President,
感谢您成为第一个
thank you for being the first
来参观纪念被的美国总统
United States president to ever visit the quilt,
而我今天站在这里是因为..."
but I, sir, am only standing here today because..."
我有吃其他人
I received access to new classes
吃不到的新组合药物
and combinations of drugs that others can't get.
我们需要您让所有人都能吃到
And we need you to ensure access for everybody
因为这不仅仅关系到同性恋人群
because this is not just about gay people.
不仅仅关系到美国人
It's not just about Americans.
这关系到世界各地破裂的家庭
This is about families everywhere being ripped apart.
而您 可以阻止这一切
And you, sir, can end this.
我们需要您的支持
We need your support.
这一次容不得半点含糊
And this time it must be unequivocal.
♬Insane in the membrane♬
♬Insane in the brain♬
♬Insane in the membrane♬
♬Insane in the brain♬
♬You don't get priority when you're minority♬
我和我妈她们成长的方式不同
I grew up different than my moms.
他们会问 "为什么你不喜欢上学"
You know, they ask, "Why don't you like school?"
"你为什么要打扮成那样"
and, "Why do you dress up like that?"
是她们选择在拉丁裔社区
Thing is, it's them who chose to raise me
米申抚养我长大
in a Latino neighborhood, in the Mission.
我的朋友都来自米申
My friends are from the Mission,
我们都是这个城市的局外人
and all of us are outsiders in this city,
所以这不是什么装扮
so it's not dress-up.
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表