剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
And there is only one institution
只有一种组织形态
that brings together all these dimensions,
能够涵盖所有这些内容
And that would be the institution of marriage
那就是婚姻
Because we know how important this is for the children.
因为我们知道这对下一代多么重要
Your honor, no further questions.
法官大人 没别的问题了
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Blankenhorn, have any of the scholars you've relied on
布兰肯霍恩先生 你所提到的学者有没有人
said that permitting same-sex marriage
曾经提到过允许同性婚姻
will cause a reduction in heterosexual marriage?
会减少异性婚姻吗?
That is a "yes," "no," or "I don't know."
请回答"是" "否" 或"我不知道"
I believe that some of the scholars that I have cited...
我认为我引用的这些专家中
have asserted that permitting same-sex marriage
有一些提到过允许同性婚姻
would contribute to
会造成
the de-institutionalization of marriage.
婚姻的去制度化
One of the manifestations of that would be
其中表现之一 就是
to lower the marriage rate among heterosexuals.
异性婚姻的减少
But I do not have sure knowledge that,
但要按照你给我的三个答案里面选择的话
in the form of the words that you're asking me to use,
我不敢确定
that they would have made the assertion
他们会做出
that permitting same-sex marriage would definitely,
允许同性婚姻
directly lower the marriage rate among, uh,
绝对会直接削减异性婚姻
heterosexual... couples.
这样的论断
If I were to interpret that as an "I don't know"...
我是不是应该把它解读为"我不知道"
Your honor, I can restate it for you.
法官大人 我可以重述我的回答
The... the record is... is clear.
您的回答...已经清楚了
I've felt this way before.
我以前也有过这样的感觉
It's just, I always thought I wasn't cut out for winning,
只是 我总觉得我不应停止对胜利的追寻
so I kept fighting.
所以我不断抗争
Well, you've earned a break.
你有权利休息一下了
That's about all I've earned. I helped build this city.
这就是我所得的一切 我出力建设了这个城市
I can't afford to live in it if I retire.
但如果我退休我却没钱住在这里
Well, I'm not leaving.
我不会走的
My family's here.
我家人在这
What?
什么?
What do you expect me to say?
你想让我说什么?
Well, I-I don't know, but maybe not,
我不知道 但是也不要说
"See you later, Roma."
"再见了 罗玛"
But, no, technically... Well, I...
但是 严格地讲 我...
Technically, I am a renter, so go.
严格地讲 我租♥房♥♥子住 所以你走吧
Go stay with your family.
去跟你家人住一起
You'd really leave? I don't know, but I'm...
你真的要走? 我不知道 但是我...
I'm kind of waking up here and going, like, "what?"
我早上醒来 就会想 "什么?"
If any of this is actually mine. Roma, what is this?
要是这里的什么东西真正属于我就好了 罗玛 你怎么了?
And I... I hate that I'm asking that, but I am.
我不想这么问 但是我得问
Mom, she's not going anywhere.
妈妈 她哪也不会去
She's in love with my kids now.
她爱上我的孩子们了
I can't afford to live here, Annie.
我付不起这里的房♥租 安妮
You bought a four-story building when you were a kid.
你还是个孩子的时候就买♥♥了四层小楼
You have never freaked out about money your entire life.
你这辈子从没为钱发愁过
Give me a break. What is it?
饶了我吧 问题在哪?
You don't love me anymore?
你不爱我了吗?
Roma? oh, god. I get it.
罗玛? 天啊 我懂了
What?
什么?
What... what... what do you get?
你...你懂什么了?
I think you need to propose to her, mom.
我觉得你要跟她求婚 妈妈
You might not buy it... 'cause neither did I...
你也许不信 我也不太信
But it's not just a word.
但这不只是一句话的事
And I know better than you two on this one.
而这事上我比你懂得要多
You got to propose, mom.
你得求婚 妈妈
It would be the politically correct thing to do.
这是此时能做的最政♥治♥正确的事情
Who knows if the... if the courts would even let us.
谁知道...法庭会不会允许
Yeah. Right.
对啊
Okay.
可以
Yeah. okay.
那好吧
I'm not wearing white.
我不想穿白色
There are eminent scholars that have argued...
很多杰出的学者都提出...
Sir, on page 300,
先生 在三百页
You said you're basing your analysis...
你说你的分♥析♥是基于...
Oh, oh, this... I see.
这个 我知道了
This... this is the... the "got you" moment, right?
这...这是..."抓到你了"的时刻 对吧?
Because I said the word "transmitter"
因为我在宣誓时
at your deposition.
说了"传递者"一词
Let me have a look at your own words.
让我看看你自己说过的话
"I assure you these are not my own conclusions.
"我保证这些不是我自己的结论
I am a transmitter of these eminent scholars."
我只是这些杰出学者结论的传递者"
Mr. Blankenhorn,
布兰肯霍恩先生
Do you believe that permitting
你是否相信
gay and lesbian couple to marry
允许同性♥伴♥侣♥结婚
would improve the well-being of those gays and lesbians
能够提升同性♥伴♥侣♥自身
and the children they're raising?
及其养育后代的福祉?
And I'm asking for your conclusions,
我在问你自己的结论
Not other scholars'.
不是其他学者的
I believe that adopting same-sex marriage...
我认为允许同性婚姻
would improve the well-being
能够提升同性♥伴♥侣♥
of gay and lesbian households and their children, yes.
及其抚育后代的福祉 是的
Thank you.
谢谢
And in 2007, you wrote a book, and in your book, you wrote,
在2007年 你写了一本书 在书中你写道
"I believe that today the principle of equal human dignity
我相信 现如今 人性平等的原则
must apply to gay and lesbian persons."
也应是用于男女同性恋者
And then you say, "we would be more American... "
然后你说 "我们会更像美国人"
Emphasize "more."
注意 是"更"
"we would be more American
"当我们允许同性婚姻时
On the day we permitted same-sex marriage
我们会比之前
Than we were on the day before."
更像美国人"
And you wrote those words three years ago.
三年前你写下了这些文字
I... wrote those words.
我是写过这些文字
And you believe them now, today?
那你现在相信它们吗 今天?
That's correct.
没错
Thank you.
谢谢
Your honor,
法官大人
Mr. Blankenhorn's testimony was utterly unnecessary.
布兰肯霍恩先生的证词完全没有必要
Every state and society for the millennia
新千年的各州 整个社会
has attempted to channel
都在努力引导
naturally procreative sexual conduct...
自然繁殖的性行为
Let's just say that I agree...
暂且说我同意
The state's interest is procreative.
繁衍生息是各州的利益所在
How does permitting same-sex marriage adversely affect that?
那允许同性婚姻对其有何不利影响呢?
My answer is...
我的答案是
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't know.
我不知道
You know what? On second thought, type
你知道吗 我又想了一下 请记下
"Ken Jones heard that you were commissioner,
"肯·琼斯听说你是组织专员
So he came down here to see if
所以他来这看看
they really gave your spicy ass
他们是不是真让你这火♥辣♥翘臀
such a respectable position."
坐上了这个位子
What? Oh, my god!
什么? 我的天啊
Ken!
肯!
oh, my god! Ken! Yeah. Your spicy ass.
我的天啊! 肯! 没错 你的火♥辣♥翘臀
oh, god!
我的天啊
Aah! oh, my...
我的天...
Look at you, commissioner Chung.
看看你啊 钟专员
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
You... it's about damn time you finally realized that.
你... 你♥他♥妈♥终于意识到了
Come here. Come here. Oh, my god.
过来 过来 我的天啊
I think the people's eyes are being opened.
我想人们的眼界被打开了
People are becoming more understanding and tolerant.
人们变得愈发理解和包容
The polls tell us that.
我们可以从选票中得知此事
But that does not justify a judge to say,
但即便如此 法官也不能说
"I really need the polls to be a few points higher
"我真的需要选票再高几个百分点
before I break down this discrimination."
然后我再打破这一歧视
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表