剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
to form and sustain loving relationships...
听从克利夫·琼斯
我们同样有能力做父母 养父母 收养孩子
equal in our ability to parent, foster-parent, and adopt...
同样有能力保卫国家
equal in our ability to defend our country.
最重要的是 在上帝眼中平等
And we are most certainly equal in the eyes of God!
不久之后 这片国土的法律也会让我们平等
And soon, we will be equal under the laws of this land
因为自♥由♥平等的公民决不容忍♥
because a free and equal people do not tolerate
自己的权利分高低贵贱
the prioritization of their rights.
他们不接受妥协
They do not accept compromise.
他们不接受拖延
They do not accept delays.
不再妥协 不再拖延
No more compromise. No more delays.
听从克利夫·琼斯
我们人人平等 我们人人平等
We are equal! We are equal! We are equal!
特德·奥尔森侓师事务所 华盛顿特区
-你好 -你好
- Hi. - Hi.
-我是特德·奥尔森 请坐 -好的
- Ted Olson. Sit. Sit.- Yes.
有什么可以帮你的吗
How can I help you?
-我听到传闻 -仅靠传闻你可走不远
- I heard a rumor... - Oh, hearsay won't get you far here.
我之前在比佛利山庄吃早午餐
It was at a brunch in Beverly Hills.
见到了一位认识你的女士 她建议...
I met a woman who knew you and suggested that...
考虑到你和保守党政♥府♥共同工作过的经历
well, given your history with working with conservative administrations
我们可能想不到
that we may be surprised to hear
你在婚姻平权问题中支持谁
where you stand on the issue of marriage equality.
妻子们在比佛利山庄
You know how wives gossip
这些早午餐的场合就爱说三道四
at those brunches in Beverly Hills.
我的世界里没有"妻子们"
Well, wives aren't really a considerable part of my world.
先生 有几位LGBT领袖要求联邦平权
Sir, a few LGBT leaders are calling for federal equality.
不顾失败 真是勇敢
In the face of defeat. Bold.
已经有人邀请我
Well, I've already been asked
共同参与一起关于八号♥提案的潜在官司
to join a potential case involving Proposition 8
支持传统婚姻
on the traditional-marriage side.
但你要是想知道我自己的核心信仰
But if you want to know my own core beliefs,
而不是传闻
not rumors...
我觉得没什么比婚姻更传统保守的了
there is nothing more traditional or conservative than marriage.
我不明白我们为何要向其他人否认此事
And I can't get my head around why we would deny that to anyone.
问题是 你能做出法律论证吗
The question is, can you make a legal argument?
这是想在最高法♥院♥获胜的唯一方法
Because that's the only way to win at the Supreme Court.
不管是不是保守派
And conservative or not,
我几乎是那个法庭上经验最丰富的律师了
I'm about the most experienced lawyer there is at that court.
我们别自欺欺人了
And let's not kid ourselves.
你过来是因为你知道上诉最高法♥院♥
You're here because you know the Supreme Court
你们这代人
is the only path you have left
终结八号♥提案的唯一途径了
to put an end to Prop 8 for a generation.
5个月后
你不能在棕榈泉进行战争
You can't wage a war from Palm Springs.
因此 我人生中第二次
So, for the second time in my life,
收拾了我仅有的东西
I packed up the few things I owned
搬回了旧金山
and moved back, back to San Francisco.
查德·格里芬
您的粉丝
希望能见面
排队吧 亲爱的
Oh, get in line, honey.
我本预约好去看一间公♥寓♥
I did have an apartment lined up,
但在我从棕榈泉到这里期间
but somewhere between Palm Springs and here,
房♥东把房♥租升得不像样
the landlord raised the rent through the roof.
欢迎来到技术革命
Well, welcome to the tech revolution.
三月之后 对联邦诉讼的支持越来越多了
You know, there has been more support for federal action since the March,
但我需要的人在这
but the people I need are here,
所以又该借住沙发 找工作了
so it's back to couch-surfing and looking for a job.
越多改变...
You know, the more things change...
或者后退
Yeah. Or go backwards.
我们联盟在和工会合作为医保作斗争
Our coalition is fighting with the unions now over healthcare.
我有几个在过去竞选时期
Well, I still know some of the union folks
认识的工会职员
from the old campaign days.
我打算赏赐他们雇用我的荣幸
I plan on offering them the privilege of employing me.
我肯定能强迫他们
I'm sure I could strong-arm them
过来吃晚餐 如果有用的话
into having dinner here, if that was helpful.
怎么了
What?
还以为我在这里爱过的所有男孩都不在了呢
Thought I'd lost all the boys I loved in this city.
不不不 只有好人才不长命
Oh, no, no. Only the good die young.
看啊
Look!
给外婆看看 佳丝缇斯
Do it for grandma, Justice.
-她真可爱 -快看
- Isn't she cute? - Look!
-你在走路 -你会走了
- You're doing it!- You can walk!
你会走了
You can walk!
领养麦克斯用了两年
It took two years to adopt Max,
完成若克丝的领养手续用了四年
about four to finalize the adoption with Roxy.
我们对于组建家庭的向往
You know, we have a unique understanding
以及实现梦想的道路上充满障碍物的意义
for what it means to want to build families and have roadblocks
有着属于我们的理解
put up at every turn of the way.
当其他家庭无力承担孩子的健康费用
While other families are struggling to raise their kids
因此为抚养孩子而烦恼时
because they can't afford to keep them healthy.
我们有改变现状的能力
We have the power to change that.
这样的覆盖范围意味着旧金山总医院的收入会减少
With this kind of coverage means less income for S.F. General.
我们要是失去这些工作 那些家庭就会受到伤害
We lose those jobs, those families get hurt.
你的孩子生病时你带他们去哪儿看病
Where do you take your kids when they get sick?
去旧金山总医院的急诊室吗
To the E.R. at General?
-当然不是 -"当然不是"
- No, of course not. - No, of course not.
旧金山总医院会适应 也许还会变强
San Francisco General will adapt and maybe get stronger.
我只是觉得我们无法支持这事
I just don't think we can endorse it.
就连"全民医保"一词
Even the term "Universal healthcare"...
都是有争议的
it's divisive.
可以把盘子拿走了吗
Can I take your plate?
我为了建造避风港穷尽一生
You know, I've spent my whole life fighting for safe homes,
在第一栋完全属于女人 由女人管理的大楼里
a safe home for women in the first building owned and operated
建造一所避风港
solely by women
之后在艾滋病袭来 男同被家人抛弃时
and then for the gay men when the plague hit
我也为他们建造了避风港
and they were abandoned by their families.
因此何不忘掉它过去的名字
So, why not forget what they've called it in the past
而以它的本质为之命名
and call it what it is...
属于每一个旧金山人的家 医疗之家
a home, a medical home, for every single San Franciscan?
-每一个旧金山人 -医疗之家
- Every single San Franciscan. - A medical home.
当我们获胜之时
And when we win,
会是因为同性恋与工会男合作
it will have been the gays working with the union boys
才让异性恋能在此处将孩子健康地抚养长大
that made it possible for the straights to raise healthy kids here.
一样的奋斗 一样的抗争 是不是 克利夫
One struggle, one fight, right, Cleve?
一样的奋斗 一样的抗争
One struggle, one fight.
敬这句一杯
I'll drink to that.
查德·格里芬
占用你十分钟
吃一顿镇上最好的早餐
你的政♥治♥血统被婴儿脸掩盖住了
Your baby face hides your political pedigree.
你到底想怎么样
What do you want exactly?
你邀请我过来
I'm sure you didn't invite me here
不单单是为了请我吃鸡蛋和恭维我吧
just to feed me eggs and compliments.
我们绕开国会如何
Well, what if we bypass Congress?
要是我们将八号♥提案
What if we take Prop 8
直接告上美国最高法♥院♥呢
to the United States Supreme Court?
不好意思
I'm sorry.
你以为自己是谁 还想负责此案
Who do you think you are to take on such a case?
你也知道
As you know,
最高法♥院♥的实质就是赢得五票
the name of the game of the Supreme Court is five votes.
也许你觉得自己能获得肯尼迪法官的支持
I assume you think you can get Justice Kennedy.
可万一你错了呢
But what if you're wrong?
如果最高法♥院♥支持八号♥提案
If the Supreme Court upholds Proposition 8,
如果他们将自己的偏见宣布为宪法
if they declare their brand of bigotry as constitutional,
你的天真会让我们倒♥退♥几十年
your naivete could set us back decades.
我想要一个能让《宪法》坚持在任何情况下
I want a Civil Rights Act that insists
都适用于所有公民的《民权法案》
the Constitution applies to all people in all matters.
而且你一直喝的果汁 其实是我的
And that juice you keep sipping on, that's actually mine,
所以你付账吧
so I'm gonna leave you with the bill.
抱歉 我很感激你的坦诚
I-I'm sorry. I-I appreciate your candor.
但在你走之前 我想让你见一个人
But before you go, there's someone I want you to meet.
你可能会喜欢
And you might get a kick out of it.
你在逗我
You're kidding me.
试一试
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表