剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
有什么可以帮到你吗?
我听流言说...
Oh, hearsay won't get you far here.
传闻可不会帮你太多
It was at a brunch in Beverly Hills.
之前在比弗利山庄吃早午餐
I met a woman who knew you and suggested that...
我认识了一位认识你的女性 并且向我建议...
Well, given your history
考虑到你与保守党政♥府♥
with working with conservative administrations
曾经合作的历史
that we may be surprised to hear
我们对于你在同性婚姻平权上的立场
where you stand on the issue of marriage equality.
可能会有所疑惑
You know how wives gossip
你知道比弗利山庄那些娇妻
at those brunches in Beverly Hills.
总喜欢在早午餐时传些流言蜚语
Well, wives aren't really a considerable part of my world.
我的世界里倒没有那么多小娇妻
Sir, a few LGBT leaders
先生 一些LGBT领袖
are calling for federal equality.
要求在全国范围内的平权
In the face of defeat.
不顾失败之风险
Bold.
真是大胆
I've already been asked
我已经被邀请
to join a potential case involving Proposition 8
参与一件有关八号♥提案的潜在官司
on the traditional-marriage side.
去捍卫传统婚姻
But if you want to know my own core beliefs,
但如果你想知道我自己的立场的话
not rumors...
不是流言...
There is nothing more traditional
没有什么比婚姻
or conservative than marriage.
更为传统保守
And I can't get my head around
我不明白为何我们要
why we would deny that to anyone.
向其他人否认此事
The question is... can you make a legal argument?
问题是... 你们能在法律上站得住脚吗?
Because that's the only way to win at the supreme court.
因为这是赢下最高法♥院♥的唯一方法
And conservative or not,
不管我是否保守
I'm about the most experienced
我基本上是出庭中
lawyer there is at that court.
经验最丰富的律师
And let's not kid ourselves.
别再自欺欺人了
You're here because you know the supreme court
你来这因为你知道
is the only path you have left
去最高院是你留下的唯一一条
to put an end to Prop 8... for a generation.
可以为一代人推♥翻♥八号♥提案的唯一路径
You can't wage a war from Palm Springs.
你无法在棕榈泉发动一场战争
So, for the second time in my life,
所以 我生命中第二次
I packed up the few things I owned
收拾好自己的东西
and moved back, back to San Francisco.
搬回旧金山
Oh, get in line, honey.
排队吧 宝贝
I did have an apartment lined up,
我原本有很多备选公♥寓♥的
but somewhere between Palm Springs and here,
但从棕榈泉到这
the landlord raised the rent through the roof.
房♥东都把租金涨到天上去了
Well, welcome to the tech revolution.
欢迎来到技术革命时代
You know, there has been more support
自游♥行♥示♥威♥之后
for federal action since the march,
对联邦诉讼的支持越来越多
but the people I need are here,
但是我需要的人手在此
so it's back to couch-surfing and looking for a job.
所以又回到借住沙发 找寻工作的时代了
You know, the more things change...
天下大势顺之者昌
Yeah. or go backwards.
逆之者亡
Our coalition is fighting with the unions now
我们联盟正在与工会合作
over healthcare.
为医保不懈奋斗
It's... ugh.
这...
Well, I still know some of the union folks
我之前竞选时候
from the old campaign days.
还是认识点工会里面的人的
I plan on offering them the privilege of employing me.
我计划屈尊受他们雇佣
I'm sure I could strong-arm them
要是有帮助的话 我确信
into having dinner here, if that was helpful.
我能赶他们过来吃晚饭
What?
什么?
Thought I'd lost all the boys I loved in this city.
还以为我在这城市里一个喜欢的男生都不剩了呢
Oh, no, no. Only the good die young.
不会的 只有好人才会英年早逝
Look!
看
Do it for grandma, Justice.
给奶奶做一遍 贾斯蒂丝
Isn't she cute?
她多可爱呀
Look!
看!
You're doing it!
她在走呢!
You can walk!
你会走路啦!
It took two years to adopt Max,
我们花了两年时间才顺利收养麦克斯
about four to finalize the adoption with Roxy.
花了四年时间最终收养了萝茜
You know, we have a unique understanding
所以我们知道 想要建立家庭
for what it means to want to build families
但是路上困难重重
and have roadblocks put up at every turn of the way.
是何种滋味
While other families
其他家庭在
are struggling to raise their kids
因为无法负担孩子健康的费用
because they can't afford to keep them healthy.
而苦苦挣扎
We have the power to change that.
我们却有改变现状的力量
With this kind of coverage means
现有的保险力度意味着
less income for S.F.General.
旧金山综合医院的收入减少
We lose those jobs, those families get hurt.
我们失去那些工作 他们的家庭会受到损害
Where do you take your kids when they get sick?
当你们的孩子们病了的时候你要送他们去哪?
To the E.R. at General?
送去综合医院的急诊吗?
No, of course not. No, of course not.
不 当然不是 不 当然不是
San Francisco General will adapt and maybe get stronger.
旧金山综合医院会适应环境 可能会变得更好
I just don't think we can endorse it.
我只是不觉得我们能支持它
Even the term "universal healthcare"...
既是"全民医疗"这个词...
It's divisive.
这太引人争议了
Can I take your plate?
您的餐盘可以收了吗?
You know, I've spent my whole life
我一生都在致力于
fighting for safe homes,
争取建立安全屋
a safe home for women
先是女性安全屋
in the first building owned and operated solely by women
建立在第一座女性拥有产权和运作的建筑之内
and then for the gay men when the plague hit
然后是同性恋安全屋 在艾滋来袭
and they were abandoned by their families.
他们被家人抛弃的时候保护他们
So, why not forget what they've called it in the past
所以为什么不丢掉它们过去的名字
and call it what it is...
直接称呼它的本质...
A home, a medical home, for every single San Franciscan?
一个家 一所医疗屋 面向所有旧金山市民开放?
Every single San Franciscan.
所有旧金山市民
A medical home.
一所医疗屋
And when we win, it will have been the gays
当我们成功之时 结果就是同性恋
working with the union boys that made it possible
与工会合作 让异性恋们
for the straights to raise healthy kids here.
能够养育健康的后代
One struggle, one fight, right, Cleve?
同样的挣扎 同样的斗争 对吗 克利夫?
One struggle, one fight.
同样的挣扎 同样的斗争
I'll drink to that.
为此干杯吧
Your baby face hides your political pedigree.
你的娃娃脸把你的政♥治♥血统都掩盖了
What do you want exactly?
你到底想要什么?
I'm sure you didn't invite me here
我相信你把我请到这 不光是
just to feed me eggs and compliments.
为了请我吃鸡蛋和向我抱怨的
Well, what if we bypass congress?
如果我们略过国会呢?
What if we take Prop 8
要是我们直接把八号♥提案
to the United States Supreme Court?
这案子带到美国最高法♥院♥了呢?
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
Who do you think you are to take on such a case?
接这么个案子 你以为你自己是谁呢?
As you know, the name of the game
你也知道 最高法♥院♥的游戏规则
of the Supreme Court is five votes.
是五票赞成
I assume you think you can get Justice Kennedy.
我猜你觉得你能争取到肯尼迪大♥法♥官
But what if you're wrong?
但要是你错了呢
If the Supreme Court upholds Proposition 8,
要是最高法♥院♥支持八号♥提案呢
if they declare their brand of bigotry as constitutional,
要是他们宣称这种偏见的行为是符合宪法的
your naiveté could set us back decades.
你的幼稚就会让我们的境况倒♥退♥几十年
I want a Civil-Rights Act that insists
我想要一个坚称宪法适用于
the constitution applies to all people in all matters.
任何情况下的任何公民 这样的民权法案
And that juice you keep sipping on, that's actually
还有你一直在喝的那个橙汁 那其实是我的
mine, so I'm gonna leave you with the bill.
所以这个你来付钱
Oh. II'm sorry. II appreciate your candor.
我 我很抱歉 我很欣赏你的坦率
But before you go,
但是在你走之前
there's someone I want you to meet.
有个人我想让你见见
And you might get a kick out of it.
你可能会喜欢的
You're kidding me.
你在逗我吗
Give it a chance.
试一试嘛
Hi. Ted Olson.
嗨 我是泰德·奥尔森
I know who you are.
我知道你
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表