剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表
The thing is, Cleve,
事情是 克利夫
I don't think this is about winning 5-4,
我认为这不仅是关乎五比四胜利
and it isn't just about winning marriage.
也不仅是关乎在婚姻权利上取胜
This is about winning every single one
这是关乎尽我们所能
of those nine justices that we can.
争取九个法官中的每一位
This is about equal protection and due process.
这关乎平等保护和程序公正
A constitution that includes gay people.
一个包含了同性恋的宪法
Won't this destroy your reputation
这难道不会影响你在你华盛顿
in your all-boys clubs in D.C.?
纯男性俱乐部里的名声吗?
We're not as different as you'd like to believe.
我们之间没有你想的那么不同
I've been in the eye of the storm,
我也在风暴眼中待过
And like you, I believe in something, I do it.
而且和你一样 我相信某件事 我会尽力争取
I would not be just some hired gun.
我不会就只是让你们当枪使
You know who David Boies is.
你知道大卫·博伊斯是谁吧
Of course. He's the lawyer he beat in Bush V. Gore,
当然了 他是这位在布♥什♥诉戈尔案中击败的律师
The case that gave us George W. Bush.
那案子让乔治·布♥什♥上台了
and thank you for that. You're quite welcome.
谢谢你啊 不用谢
Ted asked David to argue the case with him.
泰德问大卫要不要跟他一起来为此案辩护
David agreed.
大卫同意了
That would be a dream team...
那可真是梦之队啊
red and blue going beyond the political divide.
共和党和民♥主♥党抛却政♥治♥分歧
And so I... I just drop my legislative strategy,
所以我...我就要放下我的立法策略
My Civil-Rights Act?
我的民权法案?
That could take decades.
那要花上几十年的时间
We likely wouldn't live to see it signed.
我们很可能活不到它签署的那一天了
And I believe the Constitution already says
而且我确信宪法已经写明
you have every right that every other citizen has.
你们拥有其他公民所拥有的同样权利
Everyone will be against this.
所有人都会反对的
I mean they'll... they'll say it's too soon,
我说他们 他们会说这太快了
It's not our turn.
还没轮到我们呢
Most Americans are against it.
大多数美国人都反对啊
One bad decision by any judge
在我们上诉到最高法♥院♥的路上
on our way up to the supreme court...
只要一个法官做了不利的决定...
It could be catastrophic.
后果将是灾难性的
It's... it's insane.
这...这太疯狂了
It's radical. Yeah.
这很激进 没错
It's radical.
这很激进
Chad, if you'd read our plan,
查德 你要是看了我们的计划
you know there's an agreed-upon
你就会知道 我们有一个为婚姻平等
25-year, incremental strategy for marriage equality.
制定的 25年渐进的计划
But your plan... it was made before Prop 8 passed.
但你的计划...是在八号♥提案提出前制定的
It was made before the uprising that followed.
是在提案提出后群情激奋之前制定的
The... the world has changed.
这...这世界变了
With the tsunami of money coming at us
有了玛吉·加拉格尔和摩♥门♥教♥徒们
from Maggie Gallagher and the Mormons,
给我们的海量的金钱
We should be strengthening our defenses,
我们应该加强防御
Not incite them more.
而不是更加煽动情绪
We're not trying to leapfrog anybody with this case.
这个案子不是让大家相互竞争的
But I would ask that you recognize
但是我请求你看看
the energy behind this moment
这一时刻背后蕴含的能量
and, with us, help get our truth out.
然后 跟我们一起 帮我们讲出真♥相♥
Those are all of the cases we've lost
这些是我们败于泰德·奥尔森之手
at the hands of Ted Olson.
的所有案件
He's our enemy, not our leader.
他是我们的敌人 不是领袖
If you move ahead with this, we will
你要还是与我们对着干 我们
release this file to the media.
会把这些文件交给媒体
Then, uh... then... then you should do it.
那么...那么你应该交给媒体
Someone who's represented all of these conservative cases...
这样一个代表了所有案子里保守力量的一个人...
that would move public opinion in places we...
会想让民众意见关注到...
we never even thought possible.
我们认为不可能的领域
Mr. Griffin, you've been warned.
格里芬先生 我们警告过你了
That was, uh, almost the entire gay-rights
那大概是全国上下所有的
and civil-rights leadership of this country.
同性恋维♥权♥和民权领袖了
So, it's your turn to find support for us now
所以 轮到你给我们寻求支持了
'cause we're gonna need it.
我们现在真的很需要支持
Roma, I need you to make a statement
罗玛 我需要你发表声明
in favor of our marriage case.
支持我们的婚姻案子
Marriage was constructed to subjugate women.
婚姻是为了降服女性的
I know. I said the same thing in the '70s
我知道 我在七十年代 男同女同家庭的孩子
when the gay-lib kids took over
占领纽约的婚礼蛋糕店的时候
that wedding-cake shop in new york.
就说过同样的话
But you remember Ken.
但是你还记得肯吗
Of course.
当然
He got put out on the street when he lost Richard
当他失去理查德的时候 他被赶到大街上了
because they weren't married, right?
因为他们没结婚 对吧?
I mean, how many more did we lose
就因为我们没有婚姻的保护
because we didn't have the protections of marriage?
我们可能还失去了多少同胞啊?
Or insurance or visitation?
或者失去保险 或者探视权?
Now, that has been such an issue.
现在 这已经是个问题了
Where's your new apartment?
你的新公♥寓♥在哪?
Cheers.
干杯
In the Castro. Is it expensive?
在卡斯特罗大街 贵吗?
It's small, but I should be able to pay the rent
很小 但是要是我能被这工会工作长久雇佣的话
If I can make this union job permanent.
我应该付得起租金
But listen... I have a speech on Saturday,
但听着... 我周六有个演讲
And I will talk about your medical home
要是你能支持我的婚姻案子的话
if you give me a marriage quote.
我会提及你的医疗屋计划
You're barking up the wrong tree.
你找错人了
I'd get us all equal
通过去除婚姻本身
by getting rid of marriage for everyone.
我会让咱们所有人都是平等的
I've got good news.
我有好消息
What's that, hon?
什么消息 亲爱的?
I'm pregnant. What?
我怀孕了 什么?
Oh, my god!
我的天啊
Congratulations.
祝贺你
Thank you. This is all mine now.
谢谢 这些都是我的了
And...
还有
And we've decided to get married...
还有我们决定结婚...
and to have a wedding.
办一场婚礼
I mean, why not save the money for a college fund?
为什么不留着钱存到大学基金里面呢?
Jandro and I have been together for years.
汉德罗跟我在一起几年了
I'm sick of calling him my baby daddy.
我不想再叫他孩儿他爸了
If I could call him my husband,
要是我能叫他我丈夫
I wouldn't have to explain everything every time.
我就不用每次把所有事解释一遍了
Words have meaning, Roma.
语言是有意义的 罗玛
I never called you "mom,"
我从没叫过你"妈妈"
So we always had to explain everything.
所以我们每次都要解释一切
But now you're "grandma," and everyone gets it.
但现在你是"奶奶" 大家都懂了
The word "married" might mean something, too,
"结婚"这个词也是有意义的
More than it used to.
比以前的意义还深远
Words have meaning, Roma.
语言是有意义的 罗玛
Cheers.
干杯
Congratulations.
恭喜
We got to get back, all right?
我们得回来 好吗?
Hit it right there in the middle.
就打这 正中间
Run! Run! Run! Come on!
跑!跑!跑! 快点!
Come on! Run!
快点! 跑!
So, we've got the unions behind us now.
现在我们得到工会的支持了
Come on. The mayor can get the votes we need.
加油啊 市长帮我们争取我们需要的帮助
I just need you to bring him down to the women's building.
我只是需要你把他带到妇女大厦里面
Roma, it's Annie's wedding day.
罗玛 今天是安妮大喜的日子
I mean, girl, give it a rest.
姑娘 歇歇吧
He resonates love
他回应爱意
as he models confidence, balance, integrity.
同时是自信 公平和正直的模范
I picked him because I knew that,
我选他是因为
no matter what, he'd be a great father.
不论怎样 他都会是个好爸爸
Annie faces the world with passion and straightforwardness,
安妮在我们家庭和社区的支持下 带着热情和直率
with our family and our community...
面对整个世界
You got two options... jail or church.
你有两个选择 进监狱或是去教堂
You come back to us, you come back to help us.
你回到我们中间 就要回来帮助我们
剧集 | 当我们崛起时(2017) | 导航列表