剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
《早间新闻》
第一季 第十集
厄尔尼诺[指太平洋东部和中部的热带海洋的海水
温度异常地持续变暖的现象]
你知道他们为何称其为 厄尔尼诺吗
You ever wonder why they call it that? El Niño.
它开始于一些
It starts with something
极小且极微不足道的东西 鳀
so small and so insignificant: an anchovy.
鳀这种鱼 在适宜的水温中会大量繁殖
See, the anchovy, it prospers most in temperate waters.
所以当赤道信风
So when equatorial trade winds,
将低温海水带来西方
when they brought cold water westward,
海水在烈日下慢慢升温
it slowly broiled under the beating sun.
当它到达秘鲁的钦博特
And by the time it reached Chimbote, Peru,
世界鳀之都的时候
which is the anchovy capital of the world,
水温已经完全不适合鳀栖息了
the warming waters were completely uninhabitable for the anchovy.
那可真是悲哀
That's so sad.
不 还有更糟的
Oh, no. Gets worse.
经济因此不济
The economy suffered.
不只是鳀鱼 一切都深受其害
I mean, everything suffered, not just the fish.
以鳀为食的海鸟
The aquatic seabirds that fed on the anchovies,
从塘鹅鸬鹚到鹈鹕
from the gannets to the cormorants to the pelicans,
它们全都死了
they all died.
以它们为食的动物们也都死了
And then so did the animals that fed on them.
因为这一现象 无一例外
And because this phenomenon would, without fail,
都是发生在基♥督♥诞辰前后
coincide with the celebration of the birth of Christ,
所以他们称其为厄尔尼诺 "圣婴现象"
they called it El Niño de Navidad. "The Christmas Boy."
厄尔尼诺在西班牙语里意为"上帝之子"
拜托
Come on.
这可要归功于秘鲁人
You gotta hand it to the Peruvians.
如此极具破坏性的东西
I mean, something so destructive
却被包装在这无害的皮囊之下
in such harmless packaging.
"圣婴"
"El Niño de Navidad."
这东西感觉上是如此的微不足道
I mean, this thing that seems so insignificant,
信风使水温过高
winds that make the water too hot
使得这种小鱼无法生存 但其实不然
for this tiny little fish to live, but no.
这是一种预兆
It's a harbinger of something
某样东西将搅得世界大乱
that throws everything out of whack.
干旱 洪水 暴风 大型全球性灾难
I mean, droughts, floods, storms. I mean, huge global events.
但你无法让风停下
But there's nothing you can do to stop the wind from blowing.
所以当你看到
So what can you do
鳀漂在海上的死状 你又能做什么
when you see all these little anchovies belly up in the water?
你只是继续生活
You just keep on moving.
准备迎接灾难
And you brace yourself for the shitstorm.
快 朋友 快点
Come on, pal! Hurry up!
大家好 进来吧
Hello, everyone. Come on in.
感谢你们的到来
Thank you for coming.
我点了些吃的 希望你们喜欢泰国菜
I ordered some food. Hope you like Thai.
爱丽克丝·利维
Alex Levy.
马龙 很高兴见到你
Marlon. Nice to meet you.
我的荣幸 真的
I'm honored. Truly.
这话很暖
Oh, that's nice.
站在这和你讨论如何接管《早间新闻》
Meeting you to discuss taking over The Morning Show
是我生涯中的高光时刻
is the highlight of my career.
你太会说话了
Well, you're too kind.
快请进
Please, come on in.
这地方真棒
It's an amazing place.
都是那一套鬼话 弗雷德知道的
It's all part of the same bullshit. Fred knew.
我们会一起喝酒打高尔夫
We would drink together and play golf and hang out
并互相袒露生活中最隐私的方面
and just reveal the most personal aspects of our lives,
并且弗雷德他妈的知道一切
and he fucking knew everything.
我们都知道他知道
Look, we know that he knew,
但我们现在是在讲证据 好吗
but we're talking about proof here, okay?
你说你有证据
You said you had evidence,
有人可以证实弗雷德是共犯
someone who could corroborate Fred's direct complicity.
所以我们坐在这 洗耳恭听
So here we are. We're listening.
是谁
What, who is it?
汉娜
Hannah.
肖恩菲尔德
Shoenfeld?
操 米奇 你什么时候上的她
Fuck, Mitch. When did you sleep with her?
在维加斯的时候
In Vegas.
-你知情吗 -不
- Did you know about this? - No.
不 不知道是她
No, not explicitly.
听着 弗雷德
I mean, look, Fred,
他逼我给她升职然后开除杰瑞德
he pushed me to promote her and to fucking fire Jared,
我当时是觉得挺怪的 但我不想...
which I thought was a little odd, but I didn't...
不想质疑领导 逆来顺受惯了 是吧
Didn't want to question it 'cause that's hard to do, right?
你怎么不去死呢 米奇
Why don't you go fuck yourself, Mitch?
我们他妈的要不是因为你
We're not talking about any of this
-都不会坐在这 -我们先停一停
- if it wasn't for fucking you. - Let's take a time-out here.
齐普 拜托把注意力放在目标上
Chip, let's keep our eyes on the prize, please.
我知道你和查理共事很久了
I understand you worked with Charlie a long time.
我觉得他是个很好的人 这一点我希望你知道
And I want you to know I think he's a great guy.
我很尊敬他 真的
I have a lot of respect for him. I do.
但我现在想的是 爱丽克丝
But here's what I think, Alex.
有时人们会超越对方
Sometimes people outgrow each other.
当你和某人相处过久
You can stop seeing someone clearly
慢慢的你便会开始读不懂他
when you're with them for too long.
我现在看你看得很真切
And I'm seeing you pretty clearly right now.
并且我认为
And I think
《早间新闻》需要向全美展现个新的爱丽克丝·利维
The Morning Show needs to show America a new Alex Levy.
爱丽克丝·利维升级版
Alex Levy 2.0.
我以为在我俩间发生的事情
I thought that maybe what had happened between us
只是人性所致 但并非如此
was just human, but it wasn't.
我没意识到她是在利用我
I didn't realize she was working me.
哟您还真是受害者呢 米奇
You're a real victim, Mitch. Yeah.
她对此知情吗
Does she know anything about this,
又或者她知道是由我来采访吗
or that I'm the one who's doing it?
我只提了有人会对此写一篇报道
I only said someone was doing a piece on it.
好了 大家 这事儿还不能拿来播
All right. You guys, this is not ready for air.
这太过敏感 急不得
This is too delicate and too important to rush it.
不 没啥急不急的 我们已经准备好了
No. There's no rush. We're ready.
这些该死的混♥蛋♥死定了
We got these fuckers dead to rights.
米奇 这是我的采访 不是你的
Mitch, this is my interview, not yours.
听着 我不知道
Listen. We have no idea
他们何时会放出这狗屁内部调查的结果
when they're gonna fucking drop this internal investigation bullshit,
但他们一旦公布 我的生涯就到此结束了
but when they do, I'm done. I'll never work again.
这件事上齐普说得对
Chip is right about this.
必须快马加鞭
This has to happen as soon as possible.
现在这屋里四个人
There are four of us in this room right now
都知道这个
who all know about this
抢占广播台的超绝密计划
super-top-secret plan to take over the airwaves
且还是在四大电网之一
of one of the four major networks
利润最高的节目上
during its most profitable show.
而你也和爱丽克丝说了与米奇会面的事
And you did tell Alex that you met with Mitch,
-我知道 -她知道了而且并不很高兴
- I know. - so she knows and she isn't happy.
所以每多过去一天
So with every day that goes by,
其他人得知此事的几率就会上升
the odds that somebody else is gonna find out about this increase.
所以要不现在就做 要不就别做
So this has to happen now or it's not gonna happen at all,
然后我们就沦为人家的阶下囚
and we'll all end up in the gulags for our trouble.
但我必须和汉娜谈谈
But I have to talk to Hannah.
没有她的故事这一切都站不住脚
None of this lands without her story.
所以除非我能和她聊到我想要的
So unless I get to a place with her that we need to be at,
不然这事儿就没戏
it's not happening.
结束
Period.
-玛吉 -嗨 弗雷德
- Maggie. - Hey, Fred.
见到你真好
So good to see you.
谢谢你抽时间来见我
Thank you for taking time to meet with me.
你永远受欢迎 你要喝点什么
Always. What do you want?
-来杯伏特加汤力 -好
- I'll have a vodka tonic, please. - Okay.
-苏格兰威士忌加苏打水 -谢谢
- Scotch and soda. - Thank you.
对你我永远有时间 你知道的
I always have time for you. You know that.
我在担心你 我听说你从你家被强制撤离了
You know, I've been worried about you. I heard you got evacuated.
你还好吗
Did you come through it all okay?
没事 还好 谢天谢地
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表