剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
Uh, don't tempt me, Maggie. I love a guessing game.
太好了 那我告诉你
Oh, great. I'm gonna tell you then.
我来调查 你是否在密谋篡权企业职位
I'm here to find out if you're plotting a corporate takeover.
一直都是
Always.
你指的是哪个企业
To which one are you referring?
我和某个内部人士谈过了
I spoke to somebody on the inside.
他们想让我调查某个指控
They want me to investigate a claim
会爆出弗雷德和整个电视台的黑料
that would incriminate Fred and the entire network.
现在大家心里的计划都老多了
So much plot and intrigue.
你可得再详细一点
I think I'm gonna need something
匿名消息源可不行
more specific than an anonymous source.
我不会出♥卖♥♥♥我的线人
I don't give up my sources.
那好吧
Okay then.
但这个人
But this person,
如果没有保护人 是不会站出来的
they wouldn't step outside the line if they didn't have a cover.
我认为你就是他的保护人
I'm assuming that cover is you.
如果我是个不那么老练的记者
If I wasn't a better journalist,
可能会直接说 "我知道你就是保护人"
I'd say, "I know the cover's you."
好 我理解你行动的原因
Okay. I can understand why you'd make a move.
你是新来的
You're new.
你以为自己无懈可击 但并非如此
You think you're impenetrable, but you're not,
你正渐渐意识到这一点
and you're just starting to realize it.
所有人都知道弗雷德不想聘用你
Everybody knows Fred didn't want to hire you.
董事会强迫他的 连你也知道
The board forced his hand. Even you know that.
我不知道 我要哭出来了
I didn't know that. I'm gonna start crying.
他需要你才会把你留在身边
He's gonna keep you around for as long as he needs to,
但最多有两年
which is about two years tops.
所以我想假如有人拿着一个故事来找你
So, I imagine that if somebody comes to you with a story
关于你上司的肮脏行径
about the complicity of your boss
从而能送你巧妙上位 你会拍手同意
that nicely places you in a position of power, you'd say yes.
你误解了一点 玛吉
What you're misunderstanding, Maggie,
我对失去这份工作压根不在乎
is how little I care about losing this fucking job.
我能再找一份
I'll get another one.
不得不说 你是对的
I have to tell you, you're kinda right.
我真的不喜欢弗雷德
I don't really care for Fred.
但我也不怕他
But I'm not afraid of him either.
他只是像奥兹巫师一样
He's just the Wizard of Oz.
《魔境仙踪》中的人物
是个躲在窗帘后面的软蛋
He's a weak man hiding behind a curtain.
如果他想开除我
If he wants to fire me,
那就开啊 我不需要这份工作
he'll fucking fire me. I don't need this job.
我做这份工作的唯一原因是它很有趣
The only reason I'm doing it is because it's fun.
对这份工作我非常 非常在行
I'm very, very good at it,
而且有份工作更容易约炮
and it's easier to get laid when you're employed.
你不知道 我刚入行的时候
What you don't know is that when I first started,
弗雷德给了我UPLA并购的报道
Fred gave me the UPLA merger story.
那是我媒体记者生涯的起步
That launched my career as a media reporter.
对那样的人 我是会抱有一定忠心的
You have a certain amount of loyalty for someone like that.
并非永恒的忠心
Not undying loyalty.
但足够让我在调查他下级叛变的时候
Just enough that when you're investigating their mutiny,
竭尽全力
you do everything you can
确保自己了解到了全部的真♥相♥
to make sure you have the story perfectly fucking straight.
我期待能和他聊聊
I'm looking forward to talking to him.
那祝你好运
Well, good luck with that.
承认自己的错误确实不容易
It's humbling to admit when you were wrong,
但是 我太在乎我们的节目了
but, um, I care about this show...
我甚至可以不在乎我受伤的自尊了
just too much to let my bruised ego get in the way.
我是说 这就是我一开始选择布莱德丽的原因
I mean, that's what led me to choose Bradley in the first place,
很明显 那个选择把我们都置于
and obviously that has put us in a very...
危险之中 我们所有人
Dangerous situation. All of us.
她真的以为你会同意采访米奇吗
She actually thought you would agree to an interview with Mitch?
是的 我知道 她确实这么认为
Yes, I know. She did.
而且她认为米奇手上有你的把柄
And she thinks that Mitch has something
能把你直接扳倒
that could credibly take you down.
我真的震惊 我知道米奇在孤注一掷
Unbelievable. I'm astounded. I know Mitch is desperate.
-但是这也太出格了吧 -我知道 我明白
- But this is beyond the pale. - I know, I know.
我们早就应该把她开除了
We should have gotten rid of her
当时她讲堕胎的时候就应该动手 就像你说的
when she spoke about her abortion on air, just like you said.
而且我 我不知道 弗雷德 我
And I... I don't know. I don't know, Fred. I...
我觉得我可能 可能失去理智了
I think I kinda... I think I kinda lost my mind.
真的 而且真的 真的太尴尬了
I really do. And it's... it's embarra... I'm embarrassed.
我本来应该在公♥司♥和你谈 但是
I would've had this conversation with you at work, but,
这个话题有点敏感
it's a little bit sensitive.
我希望这样叫你来不会太奇怪
And I hope it's not weird that I asked you to come here.
但是我们是朋友 对吧
But we're friends, right?
我只是 我想让你作为朋友 听听我的观点
And I just... I want you to hear me out as a friend.
没错 是的 我洗耳恭听 朋友
Exactly. Yes. I'm all ears, friend.
好的 而且我还想
Okay. And I also wanna
给你预警一下 我要说的话
prepare you that what I'm about to say to you
很可能 对你现在负责的新闻部
could be really, potentially very dangerous to the well-being
会造成极大的危险
of the news division of which you are in charge.
好严肃的开场 来吧 往下说
What an opening. Please, go on.
米奇·凯斯勒让我在节目上采访他
Mitch Kessler asked me to interview him on the show.
真的吗
Really?
是的 而且他真的很懂怎么甩魅力
Yeah. And he's a real charming piece of shit.
但是在这场盛大的阴谋中 他居然
Uh, but he somehow has managed to make himself the victim
让自己成了受害者
in the grand scheme of things.
听起来像是八点档肥皂剧
That sounds like boring TV to me.
没错 但是他还说 他有证据
I agree. But he also claims to have evidence
证明他睡过的女人都被弗雷德·米克伦封了口
that Fred Micklen silenced women that he slept with.
他想推♥翻♥政♥权♥
He wants to topple the king.
如果你感兴趣的话
And if that is of interest to you,
我当然也是感兴趣的
that is definitely of interest to me.
可能你觉得我现在是事后诸葛亮
Maybe you'll perceive this as convenient. I wouldn't blame you.
但米奇身上有的特质一直让我很困扰
There was something about Mitch that always bothered me.
我可以和他吃饭 打高尔夫 看节目
I would have dinner with him, play golf, visit the show.
然后和他分开 回家的时候
I would... leave his presence and go home
见到吉内瓦 我才能松一口气
and be so deeply relieved to see Geneva.
我经常担心我可能会
I had this fear that I had somehow,
因为和他掺和在一起让自己名声败坏
you know, sullied myself just by being brought into his orbit.
现在 如果有什么事让我后悔的话
Now, if I had one regret,
就是没有遵从自己的直觉
it wasn't following that gut instinct
承认他这个人有问题
that something about him was off.
并且让我自己相信 哪怕就一瞬间
And letting myself believe, even for a second,
你也是问题的一部分
you were part of the problem.
这就是为什么当你和我对抗的时候 我如此生气
And that's why I was so angry when you turned on me.
其实有一部分是生我自己的气
It was partially anger at myself.
-你能告诉我... -我正在消化你的话
- Can you tell me what... - I'm processing.
好吧 你能说点话吗 你搞得我好紧张
Okay. Can you do it out loud, or... You're making me nervous.
等我想好了再说
After I process.
好吧 老实跟你说
Okay. All right, well, just so you have all the facts,
我觉得我犯了个特别蠢的错误
I might've made a big fucking mistake
我在告诉你之前先告诉爱丽克丝·利维了
and told Alex Levy before I told you.
不是吧 进展如何
Oh, no. And that go well?
不好 情况不大好
Um, no, it did not go great.
她反应特别大 不过因为她也不清白
She is terrified mainly because she's guilty.
她说 "人人都知道这是个男性氛围
She said, "But everybody knows there's a boys' club,
还有沉默环境 男权文化 这些都存在"
and that there's this silencing, sexist culture. It just exists."
她就是这么说的
That's what she said.
我猜你可能不接受她这种观点
I'm guessing that didn't sit very well with you.
是 她不在乎 科里 因为这在她那行得通
No. She doesn't care, Cory, because it works for her.
她是男人团里唯一的女人
She's the only woman in the boys' club
现在她还在假装
and now she gets to pretend
她是男人团里的唯一幸存者
she's the only survivor of the boys' club.
但是这都是狗屁 我只是想开诚布公地谈谈
But it's bullshit. And I just wanna have the conversation.
不管你是有意的还是无意的
And whether you meant to or not,
我谈话的权利是你给的
you gave me the power to have it.
哇 好吧
Wow. Okay.
我知道这对你来说意味着什么
And I know what this means for you,
我知道 我在要求你做什么 而且
and I... know what I'm asking you. And...
我也不喜欢这样给我在意的人
And I really do not enjoy being the harbinger of doom
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表