剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
做过太多的这种新闻
over the past couple of years
我知道当米兔丑闻降临到你面前
to know that when the Me Too mob comes knocking at your door
你只有两个选择
you have two choices.
要么深感懊悔 留一滩鳄鱼的眼泪
You can either be contrite and cry puddles of crocodile tears
然后祈祷当你八百年没性生活的时候
and pray till you're blue in the ball
这事会过去
that it'll just magically disappear,
或者你也能反击
or you can fight back.
也就是我现在的打算 齐普
And that's what I intend to do, Chip.
也是我觉得最正当的选择
I think that's my best course of action.
我打算雇个新律师
I'm going to hire a new attorney,
打算出去抛头露面
I'm going to get my face out there,
我不打算藏在耻辱柱后
and I'm not gonna hide in shame.
会行得通的
It's gonna work.
今晚不要来 不要这么对爱丽克丝
Do not show your face tonight. Do not do that to Alex.
我西装已经熨好了
My tux is pressed.
-总不能不用吧 -这样
- I can't unpress my tux. - Yeah.
所以我打算去 那些两面三刀的纽约记者
So, I'm going. And those goddamn two-faced New York reporters...
我打算正大光明走进去
I'm gonna walk in there
盯着他们的小眼睛
and look those motherfuckers in their beady little eyes,
说 "老子来了 老子看着你呢"
and I'm gonna say, "I'm here. I can see you."
这是自杀
Mm-hmm. Yeah, that's suicide.
对了 今天我是不是看到你
And by the way, did I see you yelling
在街上吼一个女人了
at some woman on the street?
推特上已经有视频了 你不能这么干 大哥
Because it's on Twitter. You can't fucking do this shit, man!
我要反击
I have to fight back!
我拒绝让别人在公共场合下侮辱我
I'm not going to let somebody slander me again in public.
我理解 你很愤怒 很生气 想澄清自己
I get it! You're angry! You're upset! You're defensive, okay?
但我告诉你
But I'm telling you, you are
你情绪太过激动了
way too emotionally volatile to walk in there
今晚即使去也不可能成功澄清自己好吗
and make a convincing argument, okay?
还有你在我面前就别摆这套装无辜的把戏了
And you need to drop this innocent act, at least in front of me.
我和任何一个中年直男一样无辜
I am as innocent as any straight, middle-aged man there is.
似乎最近当一个中年男人就是个罪过
The only problem is, that seems to be illegal these days.
这是麦卡锡主义 你也懂
This is McCarthyism, you know it.
指1950-1954年恶意诽谤进步人士
甚至有不同意见的人的行为 有"美国文♥革♥"之称
每个人都知道
Everybody knows it
但没人有勇气站出来
but people just don't have the intestinal fortitude
说这种话
to say it out loud.
那我来说 我们现在太容易就把一个男人
I'll say it. We're being too fast to judge men
放在公共审判席上
in the court of public opinion.
我同意你 好吗
I agree with you, okay?
整个米兔运动可能就是过去几个世纪的
The whole Me Too movement is probably an overcorrection
一种矫枉过正
for centuries of bad behavior
与你我这种新世纪男人根本无关
that more enlightened men like you and me had nothing to do with.
但是米奇
But, Mitch,
你真的想这么让别人来审查你的私生活吗
do you really want a detailed probe into your private life?
你觉得这能澄清你吗
You think that's gonna exonerate you?
改编的是著名犹太人♥大♥屠♥杀♥纪念碑明文:
"当纳粹来抓共♥产♥党人时 我保持沉默 因为我不是共♥产♥党人;
当他们来抓犹太人时 我保持沉默 因为我不是犹太人;
当他们来抓贸易工会主义者时 我保持沉默 因为我不是贸易工会主义者;
当他们来抓天主教♥徒♥时 我保持沉默 因为我是新教♥徒♥;
当他们来抓我时 已无人替我说话了."
-当他们来抓强♥奸♥犯 -你在干嘛...
- At first they came for the rapists. - What are you...
我保持沉默 因为我不是强♥奸♥犯
And I did not speak up because I am not a rapist.
当他们来抓有权势的男人
And then they came for the powerful men,
你保持沉默 因为你没有权势
and you did not speak up because you are not a powerful man.
但最后你该怎么办
But what are you going to do
当他们来抓那些
when they come for the ordinary,
普通的 只是找了小三的男人
everyday, run-of-the-mill creep like you, Chip?
谁还会替你说话
Who's gonna be left to speak up for you?
我得走了 好吗
I'm gonna go now, okay?
今晚不要来
Do not show up tonight.
别再说话了
Stop talking.
你躺平任嘲就好 待在家里
Start fucking listening, and do it from home.
谁把我这事泄给纽♥约♥时♥报♥的
Who leaked this to the Times?
别再说话了 米奇
Stop talking, Mitch.
你为了保住饭碗又口了谁
And who did you have to blow to keep your job?
行吧 几小时后见
All right. See you in a couple of hours.
我需要这个 我需要我的妆
I need this. I need my make up
整晚才能看着漂亮
so I can look like a princess all night.
这不行 我要薄荷 手♥机♥
That's not gonna fit. I need my mints. I need my phone,
还有眼药水
and I need my eye drops,
这些都装不进这小东西里面
none of which fit in this teeny little thing!
我可以帮你拿手♥机♥
I can take your phone.
你为什么要拿我手♥机♥ 太荒唐了吧杰森
Why would you take my phone? That's ridiculous, Jason.
别被一些不存在的事搞心态
You're getting worked up about nothing...
真的吗 不存在 对不起我需要这些
Really? About nothing? I'm sorry. I need all this stupid shit.
爱丽克丝没事 让我来...
Alex, it's fine. Let me just... give me...
-我说了我可以 -老天爷
- I said I would get it. I can shut it. - Jesus Christ.
谢谢
Thank you.
-妈妈 -怎么
- Mom? - What?
-会没事的 -有事 亲爱的
- It's gonna be okay. - No, it's not, honey.
只是个大会而已
Okay, it's just an event.
真的吗 这大会的时间赶得真烂
Really? Just an event? Only with the worst timing ever.
我宁愿现在一把刀摁进我眼睛里
I would rather stick daggers into my eyeballs!
-爱丽克丝 -怎么
- Alex. Alex. - What?
你就说是食物中毒不去了怎么样
How about you pretend to have food poisoning and just don't go?
不行
I cannot do that.
那里所有人都会知道我在撒谎
Everyone in there will know that I'm lying,
知道我是不自在了 害怕了
know that I'm uncomfortable and afraid.
知道我因为米奇的事
That I'm afraid of what's gonna happen to me
害怕自己的前途了
on the show in the wake of Mitch.
那里挤满了媒体人 他们自以为什么都知道
Everyone in there is press. They think they know everything.
一半人恨我因为我太成功
Half of them hate me because I'm too successful,
另一半人恨我只是因为
and the other half hate me because, I don't know,
他们良心全都被狗吃了
their hearts are at home in a fucking jar!
我的天
Oh, God!
不不 我不能哭
Oh, Jesus, I can't cry!
天
Jesus!
我天
Oh, God.
-停车停车 -妈
- No, stop it, stop it! - Mom.
-你可不能这样出去 -我知道
- Yeah, well, you can't go out like this. - I know that!
-爱丽克丝 爱丽克丝 -利维女士 这边
- Alex, Alex! - Ms. Levy! Right here!
-来 -好
- Okay? - Yep.
赶紧把这大会走个过场 我就能回家安详去世了
Let's go do this fucking event so I can go home and just die.
爱丽克丝 恭喜你今晚的提名
Hey, Alex. Congratulations on being honored tonight.
-谢谢 -现在什么感受
- Thank you. - How does it feel?
被这样有声誉的公♥司♥提名真的很有分量
It's so meaningful to be honored by such prestigious company,
我很开心能来这里
and I'm thrilled to be here
支持现在这个时代真正的新闻
to support quality journalism in this day and...
允许我加一句 早间新闻特别的重要
May I just add The Morning Show is very important.
它是一个符号♥ 被大众喜爱着
It's iconic and beloved, and it is about real journalism
它做的是真正的新闻 没人能改变
and no one person can change that.
我们会挺过这场丑闻
We will survive this disgrace,
我们会像家人一样帮美国挺过去
and we're gonna help America get through it like a family.
-谢谢 -谢谢
- Thank you. - Thank you.
来咱们合个影
Hey, let's get a picture.
你忘了一点 帮美国
You forgot the part about how I'm the one
挺过去的人是我
that will be pulling America through this.
我觉得我已经暗示这件事了
Well, I think that was implied.
你自以为暗示的事儿多着呢
You think a lot is implied.
你就整天躲在这些暗示里生活
That's where you hide. In the implications.
这是我的荣幸
I'm really honored.
你是谁
Who are you?
装风度翩翩真是累死人了
Being this personable is exhausting.
我都快装不下去了
I don't think I can keep doing it for much longer.
我带你去吧台吧
Let me take you to the bar
让你放松下 做回那个热情的
and give you a minute to be an intense,
受教育过度的性感牢骚鬼 怎么样
overly educated, sexy grouch, huh?
我感觉好着呢
I'm feeling good.
我感觉我这次可能真的有戏
I'm starting to feel like I might really have a shot at this.
继续到处握手假笑哈
Keep pressing that flesh.
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表