剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表
But chaperoning is the one thing
他还允许我参与的事
I'm still allowed to be a part of!
你能挺到高二该觉得幸运 贝弗
Just feel lucky you made it to 10th grade, Bev.
杰基初三就不准我去了
Jackie cut me off in 8th grade.
独♥立♥大厅
Independence Hall.
初一 自♥由♥之路
6th grade, Freedom Trail.
五年级 本·富兰克林博物馆
5th grade. Ben Franklin Museum.
金戴夫叫我一边凉快去
Dave Kim told me to go fly a kite.
我三年级起就不能去了
For me it was 3rd grade.
我家艾米真是垃圾
My Emmy is garbage.
可实地考察旅行是我唯一的机会
But those field trips are my only window
挤进亚当的日常生活
into Adam's day-to-day life.
没有这些
Without them,
我要怎么知道他在学校过得好不好
how am I supposed to know how he's doing in school?
你可以在他回家时问他
You could just ask him when he comes home?
拜托 我问他一天过得如何时
Please. Whenever I ask about his day,
他只哼一声
all I get is "Muh."
他还能冲你哼一声
Aw, you get actual sounds?
我只有毁灭灵魂的沉默
I just get soul-destroying silence.
或许你们每天晚上
Well, you may all be fine
听孩子冷冰冰哼一声就能满足
with a frosty cold "muh" at the end of your day,
但贝弗莉·金伯格可不是
but not Beverly Goldberg.
教练 登记我做监护人
Coach, put me down for chaperone.
可你儿子说的很清楚 你人最糟糕了
But your son made it clear you're the worst
不准你去
and you can't go.
幸运的是 我有办法能让亚当
Lucky for me, I have a way to get Adam
同意我想要的一切
to say yes to whatever I want.
没错 她的确有办法
It was true. She really did.
在家长们可以通过短♥信♥或电邮
Before parents could guilt their kids
内疚绑♥架♥孩子之前
through texts or e-mails,
我妈靠的是内疚绑♥架♥信
my mom used the Guilt Letter.
这些消极攻击的情感操控
These passive-aggressive tirades of manipulation
堪称艺术
were a true art form.
羞耻
愤怒
残忍♥
让我失望
假如她的言语不能说动你
And if her words didn't get to you,
信上的老妈伤心泪肯定能
the mom tears on the letter sure would.
见鬼
Balls!
不得不承认 玉米棒子
I got to admit it, Cobby,
你是我请过的最棒的假实习生
you're the best pretend intern I've had yet.
我都不知道经营生意有这么酷
I didn't realize how cool it was to run a business.
这话什么意思 你♥爸♥就经营眼科生意
What do you mean? Your dad runs a whole eye doctoring business.
是啊 不过我们这门生意要是搞砸
Yeah, but in our business, if we mess up,
患者就再也看不见他们的孩子了
people will never see their children again.
这里能犯的最大错不过是弄脏双人沙发
The worst I can do around here is stain a loveseat.
我不想介入你和你老爸之间
Look, I don't want to get involved between you and your old man,
主要因为我不在乎
mostly 'cause I don't care,
不过假如眼睛让你很害怕 就别医眼
but if eyes freak you out, I wouldn't do eyes.
我不做眼科医生这辈子能做什么
What would I do with my life if not eye doctoring?
我不介入 但做任何让你开心的事
I'm not involved, but do what makes you happy
而不是这样总做软柿子
instead of being such a pushover all the time.
我知道你不介入 不过 老天
I know you're not involved, but, oh, man,
我突然间重新考虑了我的整个未来
I'm suddenly rethinking my entire future!
不如你一边想
Well, why don't you think about it
一边把那个重得要死的茶几搬到里屋去
while you bring that heavy-ass end table to the back room?
好了 你可以把你家儿子领回去了
Okay, you can take your son back now!
他跟了我一整天
He's been shadowing me all day.
事实上 我学习效率超高
In fact, I learned so much,
卢医生说我明天不用再去学习了
Dr. Lou said I don't have to go back tomorrow!
今后都不用去了 我们随机应变吧
Or ever again. We'll play it by ear.
糟糕 是我爸 父亲您好
Oh, crap, it's my dad. Hello, Father.
杰夫瑞 你一整天都去哪了
Geoffrey? Where were you all day?
今天红眼病大爆发
There was an outbreak of pink eye.
全是脓啊 兄弟
So gunky, bro.
我错了真可惜
Ew, bummed I missed it. Ew.
我一直在这学习家具生意
Uh, I was learning about furniture here.
你花了一整天学习其他男人的营生
You spent the day learning another man's trade?
默里 你怎能如此背叛我
Murray, how could you betray me like this?
没有背叛 我没有介入
No betrayal. I'm not involved.
儿子 你需要了解的唯一行当
Son, the only business you need to know
就是我交给你的这个
is the one I'm handing to you.
可金先生让我开始思考
But Mr. G got me thinking
我或许不想做这行 对吗
that maybe I don't want it, right?
不介入
Not involved.
不想做 他说的什么胡话 默里
Don't want it? What's he talking about, Murray?
我只知道这位优秀的导师...
Look, all I know is this wonderful mentor of mine...
不介入
Notvolvd!
告诉我为自己挺直腰板
...told me to stick up for myself.
-所以我就说了 -我不介入
- So, I'll just say it. - Not involved!
我在此拒绝所有医疗专业
I hereby reject all professional doctoring
和现代医学
and modern medicine.
那你这辈子打算做什么
So what are you gonna do with your life?
做这行 卖♥♥家具吗
This? Furniture sales?
不介入
Notvolvd!
除了眼科我做什么都行
I'd rather do anything than eyes!
或许我会做计算机或健身
Maybe I'll do computers or fitness
或者开始自己的食品外卖♥♥服务
or maybe I'll just start my own food delivery service!
他想送外卖♥♥
He wants to do food delivery
而不是帮助人们恢复光明 默里
instead of helping people see, Murray?
不介入 拜托
Notvolvd! Come on!
没错 我爸完全不想干预杰夫的生活
Yep, all my dad wanted was to stay out of Geoff's business.
与此同时 我妈成功地
Meanwhile, my mom had successfully
靠内疚重新进入我的生活
guilted her way back into mine.
妈妈
Hi, Mama.
我只想向你道歉
I just wanted to say sorry and all.
-因为 -因为我是个坏儿子
- For? - For being a bad son
没有感激你用那么多时间
and not appreciating the time you spent
用肚子孕育我
baking me in your belly.
你要怎样补偿我
And how will you make it up to me?
或许你可以做实地考察旅行监护人
Maybe you can chaperone the field trip?
我得调整一下日程 不过我会去的
I'll have to move some things around, but I'll be there.
去吧 做个小男孩吧
Now go. Be a boy!
我妈用内疚逼我投降
My mom had guilted me into submission,
但更棒的是 她在朋友面前长脸了
but even better, she impressed her friends.
我不明白 怎么做到的
I don't understand. How?
我不能告诉你
I can't tell you that.
所以你可以参与亚当的学校生活
So you get to participate in Adam's school life
在他和朋友们嬉戏的时候
as he frolics about with friends
我们其他人只能在家干坐着
while the rest of us stay home and suck it?
不好意思 金戴夫的妈
I'm sorry, Dave Kim's mom.
我不能冒险泄露这个大秘密
I just can't risk something this huge getting out.
我想你保证 作为一名家长
I give you my word as a parent
作为一名受人尊敬的幼儿园教师
and as an esteemed kindergarten teacher.
我绝对保密
I will say nothing.
-我也是 -我也一样
- Same here! - Ditto.
一样
Agreed.
下午四点在我家地下室集♥合♥
Meet me in my basement at 1600 hours.
开不同的车来 别被人跟踪
Take separate cars, don't let anyone follow you,
别把车停到我家那条街上
and do not park on our street.
你们即将学到贝弗莉·金伯格最大的秘密
You're about to learn Beverly Goldberg's biggest secret.
你们几个为什么看起来那么可疑
Why you guys looking all shady right now?
-没什么 -没有大秘密
- Nothing! - No big secrets here.
-我们不可疑 -一切正常
- We're normal. - All good.
继续吧
Carry on.
是时候让我妈给她的同辈家长们
The time had come for my mom to teach her fellow parents
上一堂情感操控高级讲习班了
a master class in the art of manipulation.
我即将给你们看的
What I'm about to show you
是长舌妇武器库中最致命最有力的武器
is the most lethal and powerful weapon in a yenta's arsenal.
内疚绑♥架♥信
The guilt letter.
你写了八页双面的信
You wrote eight pages on both sides?
是的
剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表