剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表
Another test? I just took the "L" one.
然后你得被事务所雇用 成为助理
And then you'll get hired at a firm and be an associate
然后一点点往上升 直到
and work your way up the ladder until --
-妈妈不干了 -什么
- Eh, Mama's out. - ?What?
我觉得知道我本可以成为律师就够了
I-I think I'm okay just knowing I could have been a lawyer.
才两分钟你就放弃了
How can you possibly know that
又怎么会知道你能成
if you gave up after two minutes?
你想想看
Well, when you think about it,
我基本上已经算是律师了
I already kind of am a lawyer.
除了你不是律师
Except you're not a lawyer,
因为你没做任何事去成为律师
because you did nothing to become one.
根据电视剧《洛城法网》
According to the show "L.A. Law,"
任何人都能在法庭上代表自己
anyone can represent themselves in court,
所以我也算是律师
so that kind of makes me a lawyer.
不 你只是个想成为律师
No, it makes you a person who wants to be a lawyer
但不是律师的人
but isn't one.
假如我能在法庭上为自己辩护
If I can defend myself in court,
那你也能 爸爸也能 谁都能
then you can, Daddy can, anyone can.
所以你想想看
So when you think about it,
我们不都是律师吗
doesn't that make us all lawyers?
这种想事情的方式奇蠢无比
That is an incredibly dumb way to think about it.
我本可以成为律师
Hey, I could've been a lawyer,
你给我点我本可以得到的尊重
so you show me the respect I could've deserved.
-边读边哭吧 烂货们 -这是什么
- Read it and weep, suckers. - What's this?
史上最棒的大学简历
Just the best college resume ever assembled.
三校队运动员 潜水队队长
Three-letter varsity athlete? Captain of the diving team?
地质学俱乐部
Geology club?
哥们 这些你全都没做过
Dude, you didn't do any of these things.
上面说你是模拟联♥合♥国♥的财务主管
It says you're the treasurer of the Model UN?
上次有个一身甜菜味的外国孩子
I once gave the foreign kid who smells like beets
我给他硬币买♥♥甜甜圈
a quarter to buy a donut,
所以我基本上算是
so that pretty much makes me
模拟联♥合♥国♥的正式财务主管
official treasurer of the Model UN.
可你不是我才是
Except you're not 'cause I am!
以卢森堡之名 我就你的谎言发动战争
In the name of Luxembourg, I declare war on your lies!
我们没有真正的军队
We don't have a real army,
所以算是象征性的战争
so it's more of a symbolic gesture.
大伙 别紧张
Guys, relax.
-又没伤到任何人 -伤到了
- It's not like I'm hurting anyone. - ?Yes, you are!
万一你靠谎言把我们的名额挤掉了呢
What if your lies get you into a school over one of us?
-那公平吗 -好吧
- Is that fair? - ?Okay.
你现在很显然情绪激动
You're clearly feeling a lot of emotions right now,
这我可以帮你
which I can help you with
因为我是同学辅♥导♥员
'cause I'm a peer counselor
还是有证书的青年部长
and a certified youth minister.
这太过分太恶心了 伙计
This is super not cool or chill, man.
拜托 马特·布莱德利
Oh, come on, Matt Bradley!
你这话从何说起
Where did that come from?!
大伙 别这样
Come on, guys!
-JTP -JTP
- JTP. - ?JTP!
J
J...
TP
...TP.
正当巴瑞因为实现大学梦而感到内疚时
While Barry was feeling guilty about achieving his college dreams,
爱丽卡正固执地让我妈去实现梦想
Erica was hell-bent on getting my mom to reach for hers.
她来了 正要叠我的贴身衣物
There she is, ready to fold my intimates.
把篮子放下 我们得谈谈
Put down the basket. We need to talk.
爱丽卡 没关系的
Erica, it's fine.
我不需要成为真正的律师
I don't need to be a real lawyer.
好吧 不学法律
Okay, forget law,
但这里还有许多其他你擅长的事
but there's so many other things that you're good at,
我们选一个做你的职业
so let's pick one of those and make it your thing.
比如呢
Okay, like what?
问得好 因为我做了这个
I'm glad you asked, because I made this --
一个潜在梦想工作清单
a list of potential dream jobs
按你的每一样天赋量身定制
tailored to your very talents.
例如 外交官
For instance, diplomat.
我的确擅长帮助他人
Well, I do have a way of helping people
好让他们听我的话还以为是自己的想法
to get what I want them to think they want.
没错
?Exactly.
那不过是众多令人激动的选择之一
And that's just one of many exciting options.
"服装设计师"呢
What about "fashion designer"?
我的服装单纯是为了乐趣
Mm, my clothes are purely for fun.
我不想榨干其中的乐趣
I don't want to take the joy out of it.
-或者你可以做胃肠科医生 -说到这个
- Or you could be a gastroenterologist. - Speaking of which,
充满纤维的早餐起作用了吗
how did that fiber-rich breakfast work out, hmm?
我这板子上有这么多种未来
Gah, I have so many futures for you on this board.
快选一个去实现
Just pick one and do it!
够了 我这个样子就好 明白吗
Enough. I'm fine just doing what I do, okay?
我不需要什么光鲜工作
I don't need some fancy job.
你需要
Yes, you do!
因为假如你放弃做律师
Because if you give up on being a lawyer,
这个分明能实现的梦想
which is actually doable,
那我成为音乐人的可能性还有多少
then what does that mean for me making it as a musician?
爱丽卡 我说"我本可以成为律师"
Erica, me saying "I could've been a lawyer"
和你毫无关系
has nothing to do with you.
当然有关系
Of course it does!
我像你一样从大学退学
I dropped out of college just like you,
也就是说我最后也会成为一个老妈
which means I'll just end up being a mom
一直对她不知感恩的孩子们说
who constantly tells her ungrateful kids
"我本可以成为摇滚明星"
that "I could've been a rock star."
我不知道该生气还是担心
I don't know whether to be offended or worried,
但两种感觉我都不喜欢
but I don't like either feeling.
可这是真的
But it's true.
成为律师很艰难
Becoming a lawyer is hard,
你一眨眼就放弃了
and you gave up on it, like, shockingly fast.
而事实是
And the truth is...
我对待音乐也一样
I'm doing the same thing with my music.
自从兰妮离开后
Ever since Lainey left...
我一个音符都没唱过
...I haven't sung a single note
什么歌♥没写过
or written any music
甚至连键盘都没碰过
or even touched my keyboard.
宝贝 你理解错了
Schmoo, you've got it all wrong.
我放弃做律师
I gave up on being a lawyer
因为那从来不是我的真正梦想
'cause that was never really my dream.
那你为什么总挂在嘴上
Then why do you always say it?
因为比我真正的梦想好听
'Cause it sounds better than my real dream,
也就是做妈妈
which is being a mama.
我已经实现梦想了
I'm living my dream.
假如音乐是你的梦想 你不能轻易放弃
If music is yours, you can't just give up on it.
我已经放弃了
I already have.
在我哥和JTP谈过后
After my brother talked to the JTP,
他开始质疑他的简历
he was starting to have some doubts about his resume.
不幸的是 我爸完全没有疑虑
Unfortunately, my dad had none.
爸 我刚写完大学个人简介
Dad, I just finished my college essay,
我认为我们该谈一下
and I think we should have a little talk.
你是该谈一下
Oh, you should have a talk,
但不是和我谈
but not with me.
我请来了一位塔夫茨的老毕业生
I've got an alumnus from Tufts here,
他会采访你
and he's gonna interview you.
还记得我朋友富美家·迈克吗
Remember my pal Formica Mike?
你的家具死敌
Your furniture nemesis?
我打折卖♥♥给他妈妈一张水床
I got his mom a great deal on a water bed,
-他欠我人情 -可是
- so he owes me. - ?But...
JTP让我开始思考
the JTP got me thinking,
或许给简历加料不太诚实
maybe shoulder-padding my resume isn't the most honest thing.
我不在乎PYT怎么想
I don't care what the PYT thinks.
你进去好好说谎 让你♥爸♥为你骄傲
You go in there and lie and make your dad proud.
快来 他回来了
Come on. Here he is --
塔夫茨的未来
the future of Tufts!
默里 你或许说得没错
Murray, you may be right,
假如这份简历真实可信的话
剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表