剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表
80年代标志着烹饪节目的兴起
The '80s marked the rise of the cooking show.
当时有严 飞驰美食家
There was Yan, The Galloping Gourmet,
凯金大厨
the Cajun cook,
当然 还有木偶瑞典大厨
and, of course, a Swedish Muppet.
但我妈一生的英雄是朱莉娅·查尔德
But my mom's lifelong hero was Julia Child.
我是朱莉娅·查尔德
I'm Julia Child.
朱莉娅的节目《法国大厨》激励我妈
Julia's show, "The French Chef", was the inspiration
为我们家做满是芝士的"法式美食"
for our family's deliciously cheesy "French phase".
给爱丽卡的美味法式蛋塔
For Erica, savory Quiche Lorraine.
给默里 融化的芝士火锅
For Murray, melty cheese fondue.
跟玉米片一样但更省事
It's like nachos without the hassle.
给我的饥饿小熊
And for my hungry bear,
芝士焗土豆 多加芝士
potatoes au gratin, extra gratin.
这会要了我的命
This is gonna wreck me.
谢了 妈
Thanks, Mom.
朱莉娅甚至激励我妈开始写
Julia even inspired my mom to write
《贝弗莉·金伯格食谱》
"The Beverly Goldberg Cookbook".
她把书寄给了镇上每间出版社
She sent it to every publisher in town,
很自信她能在烹饪界卷起一场风暴
confident that she'd take the cooking world by storm.
也可能卷不成
Or...not.
宝贝 怎么了
Aw, honey, what's wrong?
没怎么
Nothing.
我流泪是因为朱莉娅在切洋葱
I'm just tearing up 'cause Julia's chopping an onion.
你知道那是电视里的洋葱 对吗
You do know that that onion is on TV, right?
好吧
Okay, fine!
是我的食谱
It's my cookbook.
我寄给了一些出版社
I sent it out to some publishers,
他们说我是屎 我的烹饪也是屎
and they said I was poop and that my cooking was poop
我唯一的梦想也是屎
and that my one and only dream is poop!
没人只有一个梦想 贝弗
No one has just one dream, Bevy.
你肯定还有很多其他梦想
I'm sure you got plenty of others.
比如巴瑞成为医生
Well, like Barry becomes a doctor,
爱丽卡得格莱美奖
Erica wins a Grammy,
亚当得一种罕见病 让他软软的小身子
Adam gets a rare disease that prevents his snuggly little body
永远也不会长大成人
from developing into a full adult man.
贝弗 这些梦想都不是关于你的
Bev, none of those dreams are about you,
其中一个还十分让人担忧
and one in particular is very troubling.
该死 我知道
Damn it, I know!
爱丽卡永远不会得格莱美
Erica's never gonna win a Grammy!
肯定没你想象得那么糟
Okay, I'm sure it's not as bad as ya think.
把信给我看看
Lemme see that letter.
你随便挑
Take your pick.
"亲爱的金伯格女士
"Dear Ms. Goldberg,
您把鱼肉和小牛肉一起做
your blending of fish and veal
令人恶心 天理难容"
is both upsetting and against God's plan."
金色年代 第六季第十八集
那是一九八几年的三月十三日
It was March 13th, 1980-something,
我哥对未来有了新的担忧
and my brother had a new concern about his future.
听我说 我有一些
Listen up. I've got some
令人非常沮丧的消息 JTP
deeply upsetting news, JTP.
-JTP -不 不是时候
- JTP! - No! Not the time.
格拉斯科特老师
Mr. Glasscott
刚刚叫我去开了紧急大学会谈
just called an emergency college meeting with me --
他在走廊追着我说的
by chasing me down the hall.
不好 出什么事了
Oh, no. What's wrong?
原来我们都需要去找老师
Turns out, we all need recommendation letters
写推荐信 才能进大学
from teachers to get into college.
所以呢
And?
等等 你们都知道却没告诉我
Wait, you all knew about this and didn't tell me?
我想告诉你来着 可你说
I tried to tell you, but you said --
住口吧 马特·布莱德利
Stop speaking, Matt Bradley!
没错 就是这句
Yeah, that e-exactly.
说真的 你们都有推荐信吗
Seriously, you all have 'em?
绝对是当面朝你炫耀
Definitely to rub it in your face,
杰夫有12封推荐信
but Geoff got 12 reccos.
12封 差一点就13封了
12?! That's almost a baker's dozen!
给我一封
Gimme one.
我拆开把杰夫的名字改成大甜甜
I'll just open it and change the name from Geoff to Big Tasty.
-不行 -有什么大不了的
- No! - What's the big deal?
小巴 这些信里写的是我
Bar, those letters were written about me.
信必须不拆封寄出去
And they need to be sent in sealed
好让招生人员知道没有造假
so the admissions people know they're legit.
所以你是说我得真的去找一名老师
So, you're saying I'm going to actually have to ask a teacher
写关于我的好话
to write nice stuff about me?
你别想进大学了
You're not going to college.
大学咋了 谁提大学了
College-what? Who said college?
他是从哪冒出来的
Whoa, where'd he come from?
这么大块头走路像鬼一样
For a big man, he moves like a phantom.
因为大学是我唯一在意的事
Because college is the only thing that matters to me --
还有恒温器
That and the thermostat.
好吧 别抓狂叫我白♥痴♥
Okay, don't freak out and call me a moron,
但很显然我至今还没有成功"获得"
but I've apparently thus far failed to "obtain"
"学校"的"老师"写的
a "recommendation letter"
"推荐信"
from a "teacher" at "school".
别再比引号♥了
Stop with the quotes.
我的天 我养了个白♥痴♥
My God, I raised a moron.
是的 "这是你的错"
You have. "This is your fault."
万幸 我们学校有个人超好的科学老师
Luckily, our school had an insanely nice science teacher
他不会拒绝任何人
who couldn't say no to anyone.
-凯特曼博士 -我在这
- Dr. Katman? - ?Down here!
不
Oh, no!
你躺在了钉床上
You're lying on a bed of nails!
物理太牛了 对吧
Physics is just so bitchin'! Am I right?
想试试看吗
Wanna try?
话说回来 我知道这很仓促
Well anyway, I know this is last minute,
但原来想进大学需要老师的推荐信
but apparently you gotta have a teacher write you a college rec-
伙计
?Aw, buddy!
你来找我我很荣幸
I am so honored you asked me.
真的 伙计
Truly, man!
-真的吗 -我就像质子一样
- Really?! - ?Call me a proton!
一身正能量
That's how positive I am!
-我真的欠你个人情 -打住
- Dude, I really owe you one! - Stop.
就像中子一样 不计较[不带电]
Just like a neutron, there's no charge.
另外请不要在我的信里写这些笑话
And also please don't put any of those jokes in my letter.
就这样 巴瑞的问题解决了
With that, Barry's problem was solved.
而我妈在收到那些回绝信后
And after all my mom's rejection letters,
她从她的英雄朱莉娅·查尔德那寻找答案
she turned to her hero, Julia Child, for answers.
亚当 我需要你的帮助
Adam, I need your help.
这是实打实的紧急情况
This is a legitimate, real emergency.
我的天 怎么了
Oh, my God, what?
我想到了一个超简单的傻瓜式方法来卖♥♥书
I've thought of a super-easy, foolproof way to sell my book.
我要像朱莉娅·查尔德一样做个烹饪节目
I'm gonna do a cooking show like Julia Child,
你要做我的导演和出镜跟班
and you are gonna be my director and my on-camera sidekick.
我一点都没听懂
I didn't follow any of that,
但我很肯定这不是紧急情况
but I'm pretty sure it's not an emergency.
要知道 最开始
You know, at first,
那些回绝信是毁灭性的
the rejection letters were devastating,
然后我想起朱莉娅一直默默无闻
but then I remembered that Julia didn't become famous
直到她五十岁时有了自己的烹饪节目
'til she was fifty and had her own cooking show!
这一步就要你加入了
Huh? That's where you come in.
或者我尽可能快地抽身
Or go out as fast as I can
因为你所说的吓死个人
'cause what you just said is horrifying.
但这正是你擅长的 亚当
But this is so up your alley, Adam.
你总是拿着摄像机跑来跑去
You're always running around with a video camera.
我
Me?
没有 我最讨厌那些了
Nah, that's like the opposite of what I do.
你现在手里就有一台摄像机
You got a camera in your hand right now.
好眼力 好眼力
Good eye! Good eye.
是这样的 我正打算把这个放到车♥库♥
Thing is, I was just about to put this in the garage
因为拍摄幼稚的电影对我没有吸引力了
'cause making childish movies just doesn't appeal to me anymore.
我们开始拍摄吧 孩子
剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表