剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表
在八十年代 我妈开始创作自己的作品
Back in the '80s, my mom began work on her opus --
贝弗莉·金伯格食谱
The Beverly Goldberg Cookbook.
她别扭地在打字机前敲了数小时
She awkwardly pecked away at the typewriter for hours,
仔细地列出每道焗菜食谱
carefully listing every Parm-filled recipe
细节一丝不苟
with meticulous detail.
她如此拼命想把食谱做出来
She was so hell-bent on making her book a reality
甚至招募我来为她拍摄封面
that she enlisted me to take the cover photo.
我说不好 没什么感觉
I don't know. I-I'm not feeling this.
或许再多来点热情
Maybe bring a little energy to it.
或许热过头了
Maybe not that much.
我妈决心让每道食谱
My mom was determined to make every recipe
都是浇满芝士和酱汁的杰作
a cheesy, over-sauced masterpiece.
自然 我们不得不做试吃员
Naturally, we had to be the taste-testers,
这对每个人来说都很累
which was exhausting for everyone.
我的肚子满载了 老天
My belly's at full capacity. Oh, God.
-无论日夜 谁也逃不过去 -来袭
- Yep, no one was off the hook, day or night. - Incoming.
妈 我们在看电影
Mom! We're trying to watch a movie!
还有什么电影零食比三重奶油炖牛肉更好
And what better movie snack than my triple-cream beef stew?
老天 千万别 我乳糖不耐受很严重
Oh, God. Please no. I have a major lactose intoler--
奶油放得真足
Ooh, that is rich in dairy.
蛤蜊扁意面来了
Linguini and clams coming in.
金色年代 第六季第十七集
那是一九八几年的二月二十七日
It was February 27th, 1980-something,
我哥和我正忙着
and my brother and I were busy
完成每日所需的锻炼
getting our daily dose of exercise.
好了 孩子们
Okay, kiddos.
别再瞎蹦跶看女生杂♥志♥了
Stop with your beep-boops and your lady-reading.
你们的亲戚随时会到
Your cousin is gonna be here any minute.
我们和这傻瓜究竟怎么算亲戚来着
How exactly are we related to this schmo, again?
你们知道我妈的姑姥姥罗斯吗
You know my mom's great-aunt Rose?
-谁 -不知道
- Who? - ?No.
我已经无聊了
?Already bored.
罗斯的姐姐埃丝特嫁给了沙姆里
Well, Rose's sister Esther married Schmooly,
他们有两个儿子 弗莱迪和埃文
they had two sons, Freddie and Ivan,
两个人娶了双胞胎
who each married twin sisters.
所以比起亲戚他更像是彻底的陌生人
So, he's not so much our cousin as he is a total stranger.
家人就是家人
Family is family.
哪怕他们是从故土来的
Even if they're from the Old Country.
我们已经生活在现代了
We live in modern times now.
这个故土怎么还是旧的
How is a country still old?
-怎么会 -所以才我让他来串门
- How? - That's exactly why I brought him to visit,
好让你们认识他
so you can get to know him
问问他苏联的生活是什么样的
and ask him questions about life back in Russia.
等等 他是苏联人
Wait, he's Russian?!
就是说他自出生就被克格勃实验室训练
That means he's been bred since birth in a KGB lab
来毁灭我们美好的民♥主♥
to destroy our wonderful democracy.
坐下
Sit down.
他不是间谍 巴瑞
He's not a spy, Barry.
他来自一个几乎没有自来水的小村子
He comes from a tiny village that barely has running water.
他家里的地面就是土 老天啊
The floor of his home is dirt, for God's sake.
那他怎么知道地上扫干净没有
How does he know when he's done sweeping?
他永远不知道
He never is.
我认为认识傻大个格列布
Look, I think meeting Groiseh Gleb
换位思考 正是你们这些孩子需要的
is just what you kids need to get a little perspective.
等等 他叫什么
Wait, what's his name?
-格列布 -你是说格伦吗
- Gleb. - ?Are you saying Glen?
不 格列布
No, Gleb.
和女演员格伦·克洛斯同名吗
As in actress Glenn Close?
格列布
Gleb!
所以不是格伦·克洛斯
So, not Glenn Close.
我们家里有三个叫格列布的
We've got three Glebs in the family,
让人很糊涂
which is confusing,
所以我们叫他傻大个格列布
so that's why everyone calls him Groiseh Gleb.
"傻大个"是什么意思
What's "groiseh" mean?
就是高大笨拙的意思
Groiseh means "big and plump."
相信我 你们会很喜欢傻大个格列布的
Trust me, you're gonna love Big Gleb.
三个格列布中 他是最搞笑的格列布
Of the three Glebs, he's the funniest Gleb.
他来了 你好吗 格列布
There he is. How ya been, Gleb?!
-好 -你刚从基辅飞过来
- Fine. - You just flew in from Kiev.
你的胳膊肯定累坏了
Boy, your arms must be tired.
是的 我全身都很累
Yes. My whole body's very tired.
你们觉得来的这个格列布是搞笑格列布吗
You think this Gleb came instead of funny Gleb?
包 拿着
Bag? Take.
真沉啊
That is dense.
格列布 你还好吗
So. Gleb. How are things?
饿了
Hungry.
好吧
Okey-dokey.
能吃吗
Is okay?
你是家人
You're family.
我们的李子就是你的李子
Our plums are your plums.
真多汁
So juicy.
老家那边没有这样的
Nothing like this back home.
想想看
And to think,
你们还以为有李子吃是理所当然的
you kids just take that plum for granted.
这伙计要在这住多久
How long's this dude gonna be here?
两周
Two weeks.
我们没那么多种水果可介绍给他
There's only so many fruits we can introduce him to.
我们住在美国的诞生地
We live in the birthplace of America.
带他四处逛逛
Show the man around.
我去给他拿根香蕉
I'm gonna go get him a banana.
他会高兴疯的
He'll go crazy.
就这样 我们不得不招待
And just like that, we had to entertain
故土来的亲戚格列布
our Old Country cousin, Gleb.
而我妈正忙着用豪华早午餐
While my mom was busy entertaining the Frentas...
招待姐妹团
with a fancy brunch.
我知道芭芭拉戏路宽
I mean, I knew Babs had range,
但看她演年轻的种田小伙
but watching her play a young male farmer?
卓然不群
I mean, transcendent.
说到食谱
Oh, well, speaking of cookbooks...
没有人说到食谱 贝弗莉
Uh, no one's speaking of cookbooks, Beverly.
我们其实在聊《燕特尔》
We were actually just talking about "Yentl."
是的 现在说到食谱
Yeah, well, now speaking of cookbooks...
我有没有提过我在写食谱
Um, did I mention I'm writing a cookbook?
你是指上个月每次谈话你都想办法提起的
You mean the cookbook you've somehow managed to work into
那本食谱吗
every conversation in the last month?
可能就是那本 是的
That's probably the one, yes.
我一直忙着做菜 尝菜
Well, I have been very busy cooking and taste-testing,
练习开玩笑
practicing my banter
为将来无法避免的签售会做准备
for the inevitable big city book signings.
假如你的食谱需要帮忙
If you need any help with your book,
我可以把我嫩煎鸡排的食谱透露给你
I can slip you my chicken piccata recipe.
我也能帮忙
I can help, too.
有时我觉得我的花生酱蛋糕
Sometimes I think my peanut-butter blondies
是我家人尊重我的唯一理由
are the only thing my family respects about me.
是的 你们真慷慨
They are, and that's so generous,
可这是 贝弗莉·金伯格食
but this is -- it's a Beverly Goldberg cook --
我向天发誓 假如你再说一次"食谱"
I swear to God, if you say the word "cookbook" one more time,
我就用这把小果酱刀捅死自己
I'm gonna stab myself with this tiny jam spreader!
我也是 你满嘴都是那该死的食谱
Me too! All you talk about is that gosh darn cookbook
和你以后会和名厨朱莉娅·查尔德形影不离
and how you're gonna be thick as thieves with Julia Child!
我只是说 有时你认识某个人前
All I'm saying is that sometimes you just know
就知道你会跟他成为挚友
you're gonna be best friends with someone before you meet them,
那显然威胁到了你们三个
and that's obviously very threatening to the three of you.
真心不是
It really is not!
只是当我们聚会时
It's just that when we all get together,
你只知道说你做菜的事
all you do is talk about cooking.
或是贝弗大改造 或是你想成为律师
Or the Bevolution. Or you trying to be a lawyer.
我没准备好面临海啸般的嫉妒
I was not prepared for that tsunami of jealousy
这样扑面而来
coming at me right now.
真遗憾你们几个
I'm sorry the rest of you
生活中没有任何值得激动的事
剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表