剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
这里
Over here!
恐怕是这样的
I'm afraid it's true.
王子殿下很努力
His Royal Highness has struggled.
虽然陛下想让
And whilst Her Majesty's desire
她的儿子成为第一个
to have her son be the first heir to the throne
上普通学校的继承人的想法是值得称赞的
to attend a normal school is laudable,
我们奇姆预科学校高兴接收王子殿下...
and we were delighted to have His Royal Highness at Cheam...
我们不应该自欺欺人
We should not delude ourselves...
说那是完全成功的
that it has been entirely successful.
谢谢
Thank you.
媒体几乎每天都会写关于他的报道
The press run stories about him almost daily.
其他的孩子会在报纸上读到他的事
The other boys read about him in the newspapers.
他们看到了他的密探
They see his detective.
我们做了我们能做的一切 但...
We do what we can, but...
那个年纪的男孩子是很残忍♥的
boys that age can be cruel.
事实上 王子殿下是不同的
The fact is, His Royal Highness is different.
不仅仅是因为他的身份 他父母的身份
And not just because of who he is, who his parents are.
他极其害羞 敏感
He's uncommonly shy. Sensitive.
脆弱
Delicate.
所以 如果你问我 以我的专业角度看
So, if you're asking me where, in my professional opinion,
他应该去哪所高中
he should go to senior school...
请说
Yes, I am.
我觉得是伊顿公学 那是最完美的地方
I would say that in Eton College, you have the perfect solution.
就在家门口
Right on your doorstep.
看 查尔斯
Look, Charles!
看 你会离我们这么近
Look, you'll be so much closer to us.
周末的时候 你就可以
The weekends, you can just
跑上山 和我们待在一起了
run up the hill and you'll be with us all.
你可以睡在你自己的床上
And you can sleep in your own bed.
我得问一下你♥爸♥ 但我相信他会同意的
I have to ask Daddy, but I'm sure he'll agree.
亲爱的迪基叔叔
Dear Uncle Dickie,
妈妈告诉我她选择
Mommy told me that she had chosen Eton College
让我到伊顿公学读高中
for me for senior school.
老实说 我真是松了一口气 而且特别激动
I must say, I was very relieved and now find myself very excited.
去伊顿公学真是太棒了
Being at Eton makes so much sense.
你也是在那里上学的 对吗
Am I right in thinking that you went there, too?
我从没去过伊顿
I was never at Eton.
我在家被一个特别无聊的老师折磨
I was tormented by a particularly dull tutor at home.
之后被送到奥斯本的海军学院
Then I was sent to the Naval College in Osborne.
所以我特别羡慕能去伊顿上学的人
So, I'm very envious of Eton.
你在那里一定会很开心的
What great fun you'll have there.
我建议你去见一下亚瑟·坎宁安
And may I suggest a gentleman's outing to meet Arthur Cunningham,
裁缝街最棒的裁缝店里的最棒的裁缝吗
head cutter of the finest House in Savile Row?
-先生 -是双结吗
- Sir. - Is that a two in the hand?
-是的 -也叫
- Yes, sir. - Also known as?
-伊顿结 -伊顿结
- The Eton knot. - The Eton knot.
整一下袖口
And shoot the cuffs.
我觉得肩膀有点高了
I think slightly higher on the shoulder.
是的 先生 四分之一英寸
Yes, sir. Quarter of an inch.
我们用拇指
And we position the hat
把帽子戴好
with the thumbs.
伊顿套装
The Eton suit.
-大一♥码♥ -五 先生
- Next size up? - Five, sir.
五
Five?
-五 -五
- Five. - Five.
白色的
Whites.
吸气
Breathe in.
很好
Good.
谢谢
Thank you.
-可以提振精神吧 -是的
- Now, doesn't that lift the spirits? - Yes, it does!
最后一样
Finishing touch.
棒极了
Oh, yes!
"家长"
恭喜 先生
Congratulations, sir!
-干得漂亮 -谢谢
- Well done, you! - Thank you!
我们领先半个马身赢了
We won by half a length,
在航海界相当于一鼻子的距离
which is the nautical equivalent of a nose.
-脖子 你的额头受伤了 -你应该看看我的腿
- Ah. Neck! You've burnt your forehead. - You should see my legs.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
虽然我们出发的特别晚
We left it rather late admittedly.
但是最后冲刺很好
But came good at the last marker.
在航海界相当于最后的弗轮
Which is the nautical equivalent of the final furlock.
弗隆
Furlong!
晚饭后你应该去看看查尔斯
After dinner you should look in on Charles.
给他看看奖杯 好主意
To show him the trophy? Good idea.
不 我想让你夸夸他的制♥服♥
No. I thought to compliment him on his uniforms.
-什么制♥服♥ -他去伊顿上学穿的制♥服♥
- What uniforms? - His uniforms for Eton.
你在说什么 查尔斯要去戈登斯敦
What are you talking about? Charles is going to Gordonstoun.
-不是必须的 -是的 必须
- Not necessarily. - Yes, necessarily.
-这不是板上钉钉的事 -给我个锤子和凿子
- It's not set in stone. - Give me a hammer and chisel
看着我把钉子钉上
and watch me carve it into one.
-菲利普 -戈登斯敦是最适合他的地方
- Philip. - Gordonstoun is the right place for him.
说那所学校成就了我并不夸张
It's no exaggeration to say that school made me,
它也可以成就查尔斯
and it can make Charles.
他在伊顿什么都学不到
He won't learn a thing about himself at Eton.
是 但他可以生存或茁壮成长
Yes, but he might just survive or flourish.
又或者他会成为另一个窝囊的 多愁善感的
Or he might just become another wet, namby-pamby,
娘兮兮的笨蛋 就像其他的英国上层阶级一样
mollycoddled twit like the rest of the British upper classes.
陛下 殿下
Your Majesty, Your Royal Highness.
迪基觉得这所学校最适合他
Dickie thinks it's the right school for him.
这不关他的事
It's none of Dickie's business.
他对查尔斯很好 你知道的
He's got a soft spot for Charles. You know that.
-他们还互相写信 -什么时候的事
- They write to one another. - Since when?
他听说查尔斯并不开心
He heard how unhappy Charles was.
我希望他不要再多管闲事了
I wish he'd stop meddling.
迪基的工作就是多管闲事
Well, meddling is what Dickie does.
如果让儿子去伊顿上学 这是对他的辜负
We would be betraying our son if we let Eton have him.
他去戈登斯敦 这件事不需要再讨论了
He's going to Gordonstoun, and that's the end of it.
好 如果你这么强硬的话
All right, fine, if you feel that strongly about it.
-是的 -我们会把制♥服♥退回去的
- I do. - We'll return the uniforms.
你烧了都行 与我无关
You can burn them for all I care.
但是你去和查尔斯讲 我不去
But you can break it to Charles, not me.
-好 -陛下
- Fine. - Your Majesty.
谢谢你 詹姆斯
Thank you, James.
我的确很喜欢苏格兰 但是那里不是离家很远吗
I do like Scotland, but isn't it a long way from home?
-不远 -而且你们到那里看我
- No. - And a terrible inconvenience
-不是很不方便吗 -一点都不会
- for you to come and visit me there? - No. Not at all.
我已经决定亲自开飞机载你过去
I've already decided to fly you up there myself
当做一次特别的出行
as a special treat.
但是...
But...
我不骗你
I won't lie to you.
当我听到我要去戈登斯敦的时候
When I heard I was going to Gordonstoun,
我和你现在的感觉一样
I felt exactly as you do now.
感觉很糟糕
Wretched.
我想和我最喜欢最亲爱的姐姐一起待在家
I wanted to stay at home with my dear, favorite sister.
我想走容易的 简单的路
I wanted the easier, softer way.
但是为了能更好地成长
But in order to grow up properly,
你得远离这荒唐地
you need to get away from all this nonsense.
你想知道一个大秘密吗
Would you like me to let you into a big secret?
什么
Please.
这...
This...
不是真正的世界
is not the real world.
约翰 把那些玩意扔掉
John. Get rid of those.
你穿我的旧针织套衫就行 制♥服♥一点都没变
You can have my old jumper. The uniform hasn't changed a bit.
把头伸进去
Pop your head through.
这是第一课
That's the first lesson.
我们是谁并不由我们的穿戴和荣光决定
Who we are is not what we wear or what glitters.
是精神决定我们是谁
It's the spirit that defines us.
在这里
In here.
菲利普
Philip?
菲利普
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表