剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
You were about to interfere beyond your station.
是有关女王下周即将在捷豹汽车工厂
Uh, it's concerning the speech the Queen is due to give next week
发表的演讲
at the Jaguar car factory.
-怎么了 -我在想...
- What about it? - I was just... wondering
我在想你是否满意
if you were happy with it.
我显然满意
Well, obviously I'm happy with it,
否则我不会拿给陛下看
or I wouldn't have shown it to Her Majesty
她也当下同意采用
for the approval which she immediately gave.
-女王读过稿了吗 -她不需要读
- Did the Queen read it? - She didn't need to.
她只问了我是否满意 我的回答是肯定的
She merely asked if I was happy. I replied in the affirmative.
这便足以令陛下满意
That was good enough for Her Majesty.
但我发现最重要的问题在于
But I can see that the really important question is,
查特里斯上校是否满意
is it good enough for Colonel Charteris?
你不认为讲稿的文风不太恰当吗
You don't think it strikes the wrong tone?
怎么说
In which sense?
它的家长式风格
In its... uh, paternalism.
容我看看吗
May I?
谢谢
Thank you.
我想我若有顾虑
I suppose if I had a concern...
应该是因为 苏伊士事件后的新气象...
it would be that, post-Suez, in this new climate...
对于新的英国
in this new Britain...
这份讲稿的语气有些...
the tone of the speech is... somewhat...
有些什么
Somewhat what?
过时
Old-fashioned.
这会令她受到抨击
And would leave her open to attack.
-受谁抨击 -报社
- From whom? - The newspapers.
民众
People.
如果每一次
If I had a shilling for every time
有杞人忧天的激进派或自♥由♥派人士
someone of a progressive or liberal disposition
警告我说群众将反抗王权时 我都能得到一先令
had warned needlessly of a popular attack against the Crown,
我早就发大财了
I'd be a rich man.
英国人♥民♥仰慕其君主
The British people adore their sovereign.
这就是英国精神的定义
It is what constitutes, indeed defines, being British.
不 我见过最糟的是漠不关心
No, the worst I've ever encountered is, uh, apathy,
人们把国王和女王当作
where people simply accept the King or Queen
天经地义的事一般接受
as they accept the sky above their heads.
但要从漠不关心演变成起义推♥翻♥还有段距离
But it's a long way from apathy to insurrection.
至于报社
Now, as regards the newspapers,
王权无需担心
the Crown can count on their support
基于两个理由 第一 没什么好攻击的
for two reasons: first, there is nothing to attack.
君主立宪制的好处就在此
That's the advantage of a constitutional monarchy.
他们没有权力 因此也无可埋怨
They have no power so there's nothing to complain about.
就算他们想 也会事先告知我们
And even if they wanted to, they'd always let us know first.
皇宫会威胁要禁止他们
The palace would then threaten them with a boycott
采访下次皇室重要活动
on the next major royal event,
报社便会立即退让
causing the newspapers immediately to back down.
因为你所担忧会讨厌女王的人
Because the very people you fear will hate the Queen
正是那些会买♥♥他们报纸的人
are the same ones who buy copies in their millions.
为什么 因为他们爱她
Why? Because they love her.
所以我是杞人忧天
So I'm worrying unnecessarily?
马丁 这简单的结论
Martin, I shall leave the
就留给你自己下了
drawing of that inescapable conclusion to you.
我再剪短一点 陛下
I'm going to take it in a little shorter, ma'am,
-后面修圆一些 -很好
- and rounder at the back. - Lovely.
谢谢 我很喜欢
Thank you. I-- I... like it very much.
谢谢
Thank you.
我以为你还想要个孩子
I thought you were hoping for more children from me.
确实啊
I am.
那你为什么要弄那种发型
Then why on earth would you do something like that to your hair?
我发型怎么了
What's wrong with it?
我觉得很整齐 看起来精明
I thought it was tidy and... sensible.
都是些性感的形容词
Adjectives to stir the loins.
这是很时髦的发型
Apparently it's very à la mode.
所有军人的太太现在都剪这种发型
All the regimental wives are wearing their hair like this now.
-是吗 -是的
- Really? - Yes.
确实是很实用的发型
Well, it's certainly very practical.
如果你哪天想骑摩托车
And should you ever feel compelled to ride a motorcycle,
它还能当作头盔
it could always double as a helmet.
反正我喜欢
Well, I like it.
我个人是不反对
No, I have nothing against it personally.
别说了
Stop it.
如果有石砖掉下来
Sure it will provide ample
这一顶头盔肯定够坚固
protection against any falling masonry.
但如果你的目标是
But... if enlarging the family
引诱丈夫鼓励生育以扩大家庭...
and enticing your husband to procreate is the goal...
正是
It is.
你该参考一下珍·曼丝菲
...then you might take a look at Jayne Mansfield...
或丽塔·海华斯[皆为女明星]
or Rita Hayworth.
丽塔·海华斯
Ooh, Rita Hayworth.
这是威廉·里昂斯 陛下
Sir William Lyons, Your Majesty.
-欢迎您 陛下 -谢谢 你好
- Welcome, Your Majesty. - Thank you. Hello.
你好吗
How do you do?
这里十分宽敞
It's very, uh, spacious.
这是我们的研发中心
This is our research and development area.
真是壮观
Splendid. Now we're talking.
容我向您介绍尼吉尔·威罗比
May I introduce you, ma'am, to Nigel Willoughby?
我们的模型都是他画的
He sketches all of our prototypes.
你学绘画的是吧 非常好
You studied drawing, did you? Lovely. Very good to see it.
-那个就是底盘 -没错
- And that's the chassis. - It is, indeed.
已完工的MK1 陛下
A finished MK-1, Your Majesty.
漂亮
Ah. It's lovely.
最高时速达160公里
With top speeds of over 100 miles per hour.
了不起
Quite the thing.
我一直很喜欢红色皮椅
I've always been interested in the red leather.
这是马皮还是牛皮
Is it horse or cow?
你们好
Hello.
牙科
首先我想向大家表达
I wish first to express to you
我今天来到这里的感激之情
my very great pleasure at being here today.
我丈夫和我非常感激大家
My husband and I have been most profoundly moved
对我们的欢迎 我们想告诉你们
by your hospitable welcome and would like you to know
我们非常感激
how very grateful we are to you all...
-谢谢 -你们所作出的贡献
- Thank you. - ...for the work that you do.
我们明白这个世界
We understand that in the turbulence
充满动荡和纷争
of this anxious and active world,
你们很多人都过着平凡孤寂的生活
many of you are leading uneventful, lonely lives...
最可怕的是孤独
where dreariness is the enemy.
也许你们不明白
Perhaps you don't understand
是你们的坚守和能力
that on your steadfastness and ability
承受着那些无聊重复的工作带来的重压...
to withstand the fatigue of dull, repetitive work...
整个社会的幸福
depend, in great measure, the happiness
和繁荣程度大抵依赖于此
and prosperity of the community as a whole.
国家历史的进步
The upward course of a nation's history
从长远来看
is due, in the long run,
取决于男人和女人有多么坚强
to the soundness of heart of its average men and women.
希望你们能自豪地想起
May you be proud to remember
你们有多大的功劳
how much depends on you,
尽管你们的生活看上去非常单调
and that even when your life seems most monotonous...
但你们所做的事
what you do is always of
永远非常重要有意义...
real value and importance to your fellow...
奥尔特灵厄姆勋爵
Lord Altrincham?
地铁
晚报 《新闻纪事》
Evening edition! News Chronicle!
晚报
Evening edition!
我需要你帮个忙 打些字
Ah. I need a favor, some typing.
你要回去了
Oh, you're going home.
我可以留着
I don't need to be.
我刚听到女王发表了一篇极其荒谬的演讲
I've just heard a ridiculous speech by the Queen,
我要马上写一封回应
and I want to write an immediate response.
不 我...我找别人吧
No, I'll... I'll find someone else.
不 不 没什么的
No, no, it's no trouble.
我本来也没什么事
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表