剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
布鲁塞尔 比利时
1959年8月
出去
Get out.
1959年8月3日
Third of August, 1959.
亲爱的玛格丽特 我怀着沉重的心情写下这封信
Dearest Margaret, I write to you with a heavy heart,
希望你为我即将宣布的事情
in hopes of preparing you
做好心理准备
for an announcement I am to make.
你也知道
As you are aware,
我刚从一年的世界环游归国
I have just returned from a year abroad around the world.
一位叫玛丽露丝的年轻女孩作为我的秘书和摄影师
A young woman named Marie-Luce accompanied me on this trip
在旅途中一直陪伴着我
as my secretary and photographer.
我和她相识很多年了
She is someone I have known for a few years now
她的陪伴为我的人生增添了几分欢愉
and her companionship has been one of the few joys in my life.
我决定向她求婚
I have decided to ask her to marry me.
亲爱的玛格丽特 我知道这个决定会让你感觉到背叛
Dearest Margaret, I know you will feel betrayed by this decision.
当我们分开的时候
When we parted, I could never have imagined
我从未想过会爱上别人
falling in love with anyone else.
但这些年的分离
But these years apart
还有知道自己永远也不能和你结合
and the knowledge that I will never be allowed to marry you,
甚至 后来
or even, in time...
"婚姻"
-我 -怎么了
- I, uh... - Mm?
我今早收到了彼得·汤森德寄来的信
I received a letter this morning from Peter Townsend.
是那个无聊空军上校吧
Ha! Group Captain Bore?
-彼得才不无聊 -你说什么
- Peter's not a bore. - What?
-我说彼得才不无聊 -是吗
- I said Peter's not a bore. - Excuse me.
腰板挺直 顺从得体
Straight-backed, obedient, decent.
爱用传教士体♥位♥ 三分钟结束战斗
Missionary fashion, three quick minutes.
这还不无聊 也许在家就要换上睡衣
And that's your lot. Definitely a bore. Probably pajamas, too.
他看上去就是这种人
He looks like a pajama man.
穿熨好的条纹睡衣
Striped and ironed.
他和你说什么了
And? What did he have to say?
他请求我同意他打破我们之间的约定
He asked my permission to break our pact.
约定 什么约定
Pact? What pact?
我们说好了如果我们俩不能结婚
We promised that if we couldn't marry each other,
也不会和其他人结婚
we'd never marry anyone else.
我懂了
Ah, I see.
他
Well...
他现在想不再受这项约定的束缚
he now wishes to be released from that pledge.
准备结婚吗
To get married?
-对 -这位不幸的姑娘是谁
- Yes. - Who is the unfortunate?
他在布鲁塞尔遇见的某个女孩
Some girl he met in Brussels.
她才19岁
She's 19.
是吗
Really?
他都那么大岁数了 这不算刑事犯罪吗
At his age? Isn't that some sort of criminal offense?
他给我写信
Well, he wrote to me so
以免我从别人那里听说这件事
I wouldn't hear about it from anyone else.
真会献殷勤
How gallant.
那你感觉怎么样
And? How do you feel?
他先找到了幸福 这让我很受伤
Yes, I feel a bit hurt that he should have found happiness first.
不必如此
Ah, don't be.
他找到的不是幸福
He hasn't found happiness.
是婚姻 婚姻与幸福是相反的
He's found marriage, the very opposite of happiness.
最理想的是我给他写信
Ideally it would've been me writing to him saying
告诉他我要结婚了
that I was the one getting married.
你说过你不想结婚的
You said you didn't want to get married.
"那是枯燥死板的人做的事"
"That's what dreary conventional people do."
你感觉我和你怎么样 打破常规的
You don't think you and I could do it... unconventionally?
富有乐趣的
Interestingly?
天啊 除非我们违反所有
Christ. Only if we violated each
教堂逼着我们遵守的
and every one of the God-awful vows
那些可怕的约定
the Church would make us take.
托尼 对
Tony. Ah, right, yes.
-你得 打开门 -不
- You have to, uh, open the doors. - No--
-准备好了吗 -你不能就这样走开
- You ready? - You can't just leave it there.
亲爱的 我们已经迟到半小时了
Darling, we're half an hour late as it is.
我刚刚相当于在向你求婚
I've just effectively proposed.
我们下次再讨论吧
Oh, we can discuss this another time.
好吧 如果对我重要的事对你并不重要
Fine. If what's important to me isn't a priority for you...
-我的车还在外面吗 -是的 殿下
- Is my car still outside? - Yes, ma'am.
-你要去哪 -回家
- Where are you going? - Home.
但你是来支持我的
But you came to support me.
那些可恶的记者有一半是冲着你来的
Half those bloody journalists have only come to see you.
那就顺其自然吧 我肯定不会有问题的
Well, the work will have to speak for itself. I'm sure it will.
公主殿下去哪了 托尼
Where's Her Royal Highness gone, Tony?
她不喜欢应对这种场合
Oh, it's not really her sort of thing,
但拉里·奥利弗来了 还有艾力克·盖恩斯
but Larry Olivier's here and Alec Guinness.
玛琳·迪特里奇 还有谁
Marlene Dietrich, anyone?
她在那 快点 她马上就要出来了
That's her. Oi! Come on, lads. She's coming out now.
走 快走
Go. Go!
嘉泽里画廊
最佳摄影
特伦查德勋爵和夫人 真是荣幸
Ah, Lord and Lady Trenchard. What a thrill.
你一定要再来 好久未见了
Oh, you must come again. It's been so long.
我一定会的 爱你
I'd adore it. Much love, much love.
-你好 妈妈 -亲爱的
- Hello, Mummy. - Darling.
-和往常一样 -好的
- I would like my usual, please. - Very good.
所以
So...
尽管我已经提醒你了 你还是没来我的展览
You didn't come to my exhibition. After I reminded you, too.
时间有冲突
There was a clash.
-你的弟弟 -同母异父的弟弟
- Your brother... - Half-brother.
他要接受检阅
...was on parade.
爱尔兰卫队每月都要接受检阅
The Irish Guards are on parade every month.
我一年才有一次这样的展览
I have an opening like that once a year.
那对他来说很重要
It was so important to him.
又开始了
Well, there we are.
迈克尔
Michael.
评论很喜人
The notices were favorable.
其实是非常喜人
Very favorable, actually.
是吗 我读了泰♥晤♥士♥报♥
Really? I read The Times.
泰♥晤♥士♥报♥是唯一做负面评价的
The Times was the only naysayer.
有提到她吗
Any mention of her?
玛格丽特吗 她不在
Margaret? She wasn't there.
-我们吵了一架 -为什么
- We had a tiff. - What about?
如果你非要知道 婚姻
Marriage, if you must know.
-她拒绝了你的求婚 -不是
- She's turned you down. - No.
是我拒绝了她
The other way round.
你疯了吗
Are you mad?
妈妈 大部分的家长
You know, Mummy, for most parents...
是觉得谁都配不上他们的孩子
there's never anyone good enough for their children.
祝您健康
Your health.
怎么了
What's the matter?
我有事要和你说
There's something I have to tell you.
-我告诉了雅基 -她什么反应
- So I told Jacqui. - How did she take it?
很不甘心
Not lying down.
提醒你 她对什么事都不甘心
Mind you, she never takes anything lying down.
她太循规蹈矩了
Far too conventional.
她真的是最光彩夺目的混♥蛋♥
She really is the most dazzling fuck.
-显而易见 -这是什么意思
- Evidently. - What is that supposed to mean?
自从你和她交往以后
Well, you've just become so much...
你变得更好了
better since seeing her.
-没错 没错 -是吗
- Hear, hear. - Have I?
我真的坚持不下去了
I really can't keep up anymore.
-也变得更有想象力了 -是吗
- And you're more imaginative. - Am I?
所以不管怎样 永远不要和她分开
So don't give her up, whatever you do.
我不会的
I won't.
突然想起来 我周四的时候要去伦敦
Speaking of which, I have to be in London on Thursday
午餐后可能会有时间
and might have some time after lunch.
这是在约炮吗
Is that a proposition?
没错 有何异议吗 弗莱先生
It is. Any objections, Mr. Fry?
没有 弗莱太太
None at all, Mrs. Fry.
下次吧 好吗
Can I get back to you on that?
我那晚要见玛格丽特
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表