剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
之前这些文件放在档案里
which he had placed in archives.
冯·勒施及时烧掉了绝大部分
Von Loesch duly burnt the vast majority.
但他私自留下了最珍贵的材料
But, he secretly kept the most valuable material,
希望把它当做交换自♥由♥ 免于审判的筹码
hoping to use it to negotiate his freedom and to escape trial.
冯·勒施藏起来的那些文件里
Among the papers which von Loesch kept back,
有一卷是关于英德关系的
there was one file pertaining to Anglo-German relations,
具体说 是纳粹高♥官♥
in particular, the relationship of Nazi high command
和温莎公爵殿下的
with His Royal Highness, the Duke of Windsor.
可以这么说
I think it's fair to say,
实际情况比我们最担心的还糟糕
the reality exceeded even our worst fears.
-我们尽力防止消息扩散 -这是你的
- We did everything to contain this... - That's your lot.
却不知道有人寄给美国一份副本
unaware that a copy had been sent to the Americans...
美国人现在坚持要公开马尔堡文件的
who are now insisting that this volume of the Marburg Files...
这一卷
be published.
这就是你莫名其妙放回国的那个人
And this is the man you inexplicably let back into the country.
希望你承受得住
I hope you have a strong stomach.
谢谢 乔
Thank you, Joe.
-殿下 -外交大臣
- Your Royal Highness. - Foreign Secretary.
-请 -谢谢
- Please. - Thank you.
你的朋友忠诚而坚定
You have loyal and persistent friends, sir.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
按照他们的意思
Following their representations and...
反复考虑过这件事
having given the matter careful thought,
我们现在有几个选择
it looks like we now have several options.
请讲
Please.
第一个选择是
The first option I'd like you to look at
驻法国大使
would be the role of ambassador to France.
敬愉快
To a happy and...
而有意义的未来
purposeful future.
-好 -敬殿下
- Hear, hear! - His Royal Highness.
敬殿下
His Royal Highness!
我最亲爱的 我今天和外交大臣会面
"My dearest darling one, I met with the Foreign Secretary today
他为我找了三个岗位
who has managed to find three posts
在这些岗位上我可以发挥价值
where I could do something of value and importance.
我很高兴
I am so happy.
这些岗位让我能够
These posts would offer me the chance
报效国家 做出一番事业
to serve my country and make a difference.
至于政♥府♥
As to the green light,
他们已经同意了
as far as government is concerned, it's a go.
仅剩的障碍就是得到女王的祝福
Only one obstacle remains, to get the blessing of the Crown,
为此 我不得不回一趟那个可怕的陵墓
which involves a brief trip back to that miserable mausoleum,
白金汉宫
Buckingham Palace.
开始倒计时吧 我马上就要回到你的怀抱了
Counting down the minutes until I am back in your arms again.
爱你的丈夫 大卫"
Your loving husband, David."
温莎公爵到了 陛下
The Duke of Windsor, Your Majesty.
陛下
Your Majesty.
-这是你第一次回来 -第一次回到这间屋子
- Yes. It's your first time back. - In this room, yes.
颜色是我挑的 法国灰
That color was me, French Gray.
什么风把你吹回来了
So, to what do we owe the pleasure?
应该是因为你正在写的那本书吧
I assume it's about this new book that you're writing.
其实我是为另一件事来的 一份工作
Oh, actually, I've come here today on another matter. A job.
显然我已经不再年轻了
That while I'm clearly no longer a young man,
我也没老到毫无用处
I'm also not yet an old one
也许还能为王室做点事
and might be able to usefully serve the Crown.
你拥有过报效国家的机会 最好的机会
You had a chance to serve this country, the greatest chance.
却亲手放弃了
You gave it up.
我放弃是因为他们那样对我的妻子
Well, I gave it up because of the way my wife was treated,
不是因为我不想报效国家
not because I no longer wished to serve this country.
不管怎么说 我有几个想法
Anyway, one or two ideas came up. For jobs,
我出去工作 需要得到政♥府♥和王室的祝福
which would require the blessing both of government and Crown.
当然 过来打扰你之前
Of course, before coming here and bothering you,
我确保了政♥府♥会支持我
I made sure the support would be given by government
他们和我保证过 我会得到支持
and I've been assured of that support.
支持你做什么工作
Support for what jobs?
有三种可能性
Well, three possibilities came up.
一 驻法国大使
The first is the ambassadorship to France.
首相和外交大臣不喜欢
The PM and Foreign Secretary aren't keen
现任大使 格拉德温·杰布
on the incumbent, Gladwyn Jebb.
第二种呢
And the second option?
做贸易部的特别联络员
Oh, uh, as a special liaison to the Board of Trade.
第三种
The third?
高级专员
As, uh, High Commissioner,
和英联邦公署共事
working with the Commonwealth Relations Office
保护并促进英国在全球的利益
to protect and promote British interests throughout the world.
这很适合我
This would suit me, I think,
因为它针对的是外交实践工作
uh, as it specializes in the practical side of diplomatic work.
令人愉快
Entertaining.
三份工作你肯定都会做得很好
Well, I'm sure that you'd do all three jobs very well indeed.
但考虑到我最近听说的
But in light of what I've recently learned about...
什么
About what?
关于战时你在里斯本时
About events that took place,
发生的一些事
while you were in Lisbon during the war.
-听谁说的 -国♥家♥机♥密♥文件
- From whom? - From state papers.
哪国的机密文件
Which state papers?
德国机密文件
German state papers...
美国历史学家
which American historians,
仗着法国人和英国人的支持
supported by the French and the British,
现在威胁要将其公之于众
are now threatening to publish.
文件里究竟写了些什么
And what exactly is in these papers?
信件和电报
Letters. And telegrams.
能说明你和纳粹高♥官♥走得多近的通讯往来
Communications detailing your relationship with Nazi high command.
一派胡言
Well, it's utter nonsense.
1940年的一封电报 其中说
In one telegram, from 1940, it states that
你考虑公开反对政♥府♥
you were considering publicly going against the government
支持与德国议和
and pledging your support for peace with Germany,
从而和我父亲 即英国国王决裂
thereby breaking with my father, the King.
另一封里说 为了报答你的支持
In another, it says that, in return for your support,
德国政♥府♥为你在西班牙提供住所
the German government offered you a home in Spain,
你可以在那儿安静且安全地等到战争结束
where you could wait out the rest of the war in peace and safety
而你的同胞却牺牲生命
while your countrymen gave their lives.
我按英国政♥府♥的指示去了巴哈马群岛
I went to the Bahamas as the British government instructed.
没错 正因为你持有那种观点
Yes, you were instructed to go to the Bahamas
所以才让你去巴哈马群岛
because of your views.
据这些文件 你曾说
In these papers, you're quoted
元首对和平的渴望
as saying that the Führer's desire for peace
和你自己的观点完全相同
was in complete agreement with your own point of view.
你太年轻了记不住这些
You were too young to remember.
但我不会忘
I, alas, not.
希♥特♥勒♥和他的心腹曾是我们的朋友
Hitler and his henchmen were once our friends.
作为国王 我赞同那种想法 坚信
As King, I was committed to the idea, passionately committed,
恐怖的一战之后 英德两国
that England and Germany should never be enemies again
不该再次敌对
after the horrors of the Great War.
人们忘了 希♥特♥勒♥毫无预兆就变成那样了
People forget, there was no indication of who Hitler would become.
可以说 就是我们让他变成了恶魔
You could argue that we were the ones that made a monster of him,
因为我们拒绝当他的盟友 这才是关键
by refusing to be his allies. This is the point.
人们会选边站
People make stands.
他们觉得自己品行端正 自夸不已
They grandstand to pat themselves on the back for their great virtue.
结果呢 又一场荒谬的战争
And what is the consequence? Another grotesque war.
又死了上百万人
Millions more dead.
和平于我才是最重要的
When peace was all that mattered to me.
出于和平 我求你今天和我讲和
In that spirit, I am asking you to make peace with me today.
伊丽莎白 英国人♥民♥明白事理
Elizabeth, the British are a sensible people;
他们不会相信我勾结纳粹的风言风语
they will never believe these claims against me.
他们不会在意这些文件的
They will dismiss these papers for what they are:
因为它是毫无根据的谣传和德国人的洗♥脑♥宣传
baseless rumors and German propaganda.
一切都好吧
Everything all right?
-我能问问你怎么想吗 -好 关于什么
- Can I ask your opinion? - Of course. What about?
原谅
Forgiveness.
天 我又做了什么
Goodness. What have I done now?
不是你
No, not you.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表