剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
大卫伯伯
Uncle David.
-我觉得是时候原谅他了 -你疯了吗
- I think it's time that he be forgiven. - Are you mad?
-你不能原谅他 -为什么
- You can't forgive that man. - Why not?
他对这个国家所做的
What he did to this country.
当时时局艰难 他已经跟我都解释过了
Those were different times. He's explained all that to me.
是啊 他肯定解释过了
I bet he did.
菲利普
Philip.
原谅对我来说非常重要
Forgiveness is very important to me.
我不常这么说 所以我一旦说了
It's not often I say this, so perhaps if I do,
你要认真听
you will take it seriously.
让汤米·拉塞尔斯来见你
Ask Tommy Lascelles to come and see you.
什么
What?
告诉他你拟定的行动方针
And tell him of your proposed course of action.
-我不能总那么召唤他 -为什么
- I can't keep summoning him like that. - Why not?
-首先 他退休了 -那你就去探望他
- Well, he's retired for one thing. - Well, then go and see him,
非正式地探望
in an unofficial capacity.
喝杯雪莉酒或者茶
For sherry or tea.
或者痛饮人血之类的 不知道那妖怪喝的什么
Or human blood, whatever that monster drinks.
问问他你伯伯的事
And ask him about your uncle.
你伯伯当国王的时候 他是私人秘书
He was his private secretary while he was King.
需要知道的 他都知道
He knows everything there is to know.
-陛下 -汤米 现在是不是多有打扰
- Your Majesty. - Tommy, is it terribly inconvenient?
-你正在打仗 -是 陛下
- You're mid-battle! - Yes, ma'am.
什么都别说
Now, don't say anything.
这些军服
Yes, those uniforms...
-是十九世纪的 -对
- It's 19th century? - Yes.
那是惠灵顿公爵的军旗
And that standard is the Duke of Wellington.
很好 陛下
Very good, ma'am.
这是滑铁卢
So it's Waterloo.
是萨拉曼卡
Salamanca.
这些呢
And these?
爱德华·帕肯姆爵士的第三步兵师
Troops of Sir Edward Pakenham's Third Infantry Division.
真好看 你让人做的吗
Oh, they're lovely. Did you have them made?
是礼物 陛下
A gift, ma'am.
您祖父送的 当时我在为他工作
From your grandfather, when I was in his service.
-走吧 陛下 -好
- Shall we, ma'am? - Yes.
我想让温莎公爵重回公众视野
I'm proposing to let the Duke of Windsor back into public life.
作为基♥督♥教国家的基♥督♥徒榜样 原谅他
And, as an example of a Christian in a Christian country, to forgive.
女王陛下 那样做...
Your Majesty, that would...
在我看来
in my view...
是错的
be a mistake.
为什么
Why?
陛下 做决定之前
Before you make your decision, ma'am,
希望您已经掌握了全部情况
I believe you should be in full possession of the facts.
-我读过马尔堡文件了 -我也读过了
- I've read the Marburg Files. - So have I.
我说的是全部
I said full possession.
-你是说还有其他的 -是的 陛下
- You mean there's more. - Yes, ma'am.
温莎公爵一当上国王
The Duke of Windsor made his loyalties clear
就表明了他忠于哪边
as soon as he became King.
他选了一批新朝臣
Surrounded himself with a new breed of courtier,
比如萨克森-科堡公爵卡尔就是人尽皆知的纳粹
men such as Carl, the Duke of Saxe-Coburg, a renowned Nazi.
他还让温莎公爵夫人一起看
He also shared classified Allied documents
机密的盟军文件
with the Duchess of Windsor,
我们相信 公爵夫人
who was herself, we believe, sharing a bed...
请原谅 陛下 曾经与德国大使同床共枕
forgive me, ma'am... with the German ambassador,
里宾特洛甫先生
Herr Ribbentrop.
可怕的是 政♥府♥竟然不再
It became so bad that the government
把机密文件和敏感文件放进公文匣
had to stop putting secret and sensitive papers in his red box.
但我们无须担心 因为之后他就退位了
But we needn't have worried, because then we had the abdication.
保证会隐退
Having promised to retire from public life,
我们现在知道他当初其实没有这种意愿
we now know that he had no such intention.
不然他们二人为什么
Why else would the pair of them
还要去德国见希♥特♥勒♥
decide to visit Hitler in Germany?
希♥特♥勒♥万岁
Heil Hitler!
希♥特♥勒♥万岁
Heil Hitler!
元首称这次出行为非正式国家访问
The Führer labeled the trip an unofficial state visit,
所以不足为奇的是 在那次访问中
so it is unsurprising that it was on that same trip,
在赫斯先生家中酝酿了一个计划
at the home of Herr Hess, that the plan was hatched.
计划重新宣布温莎公爵是英王
A plan to reinstate the Duke of Windsor as King of England...
背叛并逼你已故的父亲退位
effectively betraying and dethroning your dear late father,
德国得以轻松控制全欧洲
in return for German forces being given free rein across Europe.
如果有必要 他甚至允许德军
German troops were even promised to quell
镇♥压♥殖民地叛乱
a colonial rebellion, if necessary.
他们还参观了党卫军培训学校
And there were visits to SS training schools
以及早期阶段的集中营
and early versions of the concentration camps.
当然 最可怕的时期还并未来到
Now, of course, the full horrors were yet to come.
但不管怎么说 他都去参观了
Nonetheless, he visited.
要我继续说吗 陛下
Shall I continue, ma'am?
一架德国飞机在比利时坠毁
When a German aircraft crashed in Belgium
上面载有希♥特♥勒♥入侵法国的完整军事行动方案
carrying Hitler's entire military plan for the invasion of France,
公爵立即告诉他的纳粹朋友
the Duke wasted no time in letting his Nazi friends know that
盟军得到了这些宝贵的情报
Allied forces had, indeed, recovered this priceless information,
这给了德国时间 更改计划
which gave Germany time to change its plans.
结果不到一个月 巴黎就沦陷了
And, in less than a month, Paris fell to German occupation.
但也许最糟糕的是 公爵
But perhaps worst of all, the Duke
告诉德国政♥府♥ 面对德国的空袭
told the German government that resolve in the United Kingdom
英国的决心在逐渐动摇
in the face of the German aerial bombardment was weakening
如果继续空袭轰炸
and that continued bombing...
也就是 如果继续屠♥杀♥
that is, the continued slaughter
他的同胞 他之前的臣民
of his fellow countrymen and former subjects,
就会...他的原话是"不久就会让英国议和"
would, I quote, "Soon make Britain ready for peace."
世界的问题可以概括为
The problems of the world can be summed up
一个三个字母的单词
in one three-letter word:
罪 恶
S-I-N.
罪恶
Sin.
《诗篇》第58章 "恶人一出母胎 就与神疏远
From Psalm 58, "The wicked are estranged from the womb.
一离母腹 便走错路 说谎话"
They go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies."
上帝能够洞察你的内心
God looks deep down inside of you.
上帝能看清你的本质
God sees how you really are down inside.
表面上 你可能彬彬有礼 文雅高尚 富有教养
Now, you may be outwardly genteel, refined, cultured,
可能是一位教会人士 在社区里有良好名声
a churchman, of good standing in the community,
但你的心距上帝有多远
but is your heart far from God?
我考虑了
I've had a chance to think about
你报效国家的请求
your request to serve your country.
我很想帮你 权衡各个方面
I was keen to help you and, weighing it all up...
已经过了这么多年
the amount of time that has passed
我个人也很欣赏你
and my affection for you, personally,
这些都对你有利
all spoke in its favor.
但是
But?
但是 总而言之
But, on balance...
我不同意
I think not.
而且 无需我提醒你
And I'm sure you don't need reminding that
根据退位后达成的协议
under the terms of the agreement reached after the abdication,
仅当君王同意邀请你回英国
you are permitted to return to the United Kingdom
你才可以回来
only at the pleasure and invitation of the sovereign.
然后呢
Yes?
我不同意你回来
I find myself unable to grant that permission.
是谁给你进的谗言 你母亲
And who has fed you this poison? Your mother?
不
No.
汤米·拉塞尔斯
Tommy Lascelles?
-是我自己的决定 -但你没有主见
- I came to my own mind. - But you have no mind of your own.
所以大家都为你而兴奋
That's why everyone's so thrilled with you.
最后一个有主见的王室成员就是我
The last royal to have a mind of his own was me
所以他们才把我赶出去
and that's why they threw me out.
好 我走
Fine. I will go.
但我要问你
But let me ask you this.
谁对君主制♥造♥成的危害更大
Who has done more damage to the monarchy?
是任性的我还是没人性的你
Me, with my willfulness, or you lot, with your inhumanity?
关于你的传言
We all closed our eyes, our ears,
我们都充耳不闻视而不见
to what was being said about you.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表