剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
这里正如这条路一样的隐蔽
This is about as private as it gets in this place.
也是最让人感到舒服的地方
It's where one feels most comfortable.
我能理解
Oh, I quite understand.
你得有个可以逃避的地方
You have to have somewhere to escape to.
我常常在想
I've often wondered
为什么像我这样不喜欢引人注目的人
how someone who hates attention as much as I do
会选择完全没有私人空间的白宫生活
ended up in a goldfish bowl like the White House.
但我也意识到了让一个极度害羞的人居于此位
But I realize there's actually a perverse logic
本来就是个有悖常情的逻辑
to a cripplingly shy person ending up in this position.
你得和我解释一下这是什么意思
Oh, you'll have to explain that one to me.
害羞的人总想找个强大的人保护自己
Well, a shy person will seek out someone strong to protect them.
是的 我能理解
Yes. I'm with you so far.
而强大的人通常是享受公共生活的人
And a strong character's often one who enjoys public life.
并且可以游刃有余
Who thrives on it.
不知不觉中 你所找的可以保护你的人
And then, before you know it, the very person you've turned to
恰恰就是将你暴露在公众视线下的人
in order to protect you is the very reason you are exposed.
在杰克眼里 有人群的地方才是天堂
Jack's idea of heaven is a crowd.
竞选活动 筹资以及演讲
Campaigning, fund-raising, speechmaking.
他是为此而生的
That's when he comes alive.
比起和我独处
He'd far sooner speak to
他更乐意在聚光灯下
10,000 people under the glare of spotlights
对一万人进行讲话
than be alone... with me.
在你眼里 天堂是怎样的
And what's your idea of heaven?
我喜欢独处 只身一人在乡间
I like my own company. And to be alone in the countryside.
你会去哪
And where do you go?
格伦奥拉的一处农场 离华盛顿一小时车程
A farm, Glen Ora, about an hour from Washington.
马里兰州吗
Maryland?
-弗吉尼亚州 -对对
- Virginia. - Oh, yes.
-你好呀 斯图亚特 -陛下
- Hello, Stuart. - Ma'am.
-他们在吃饭 -是的 陛下
- They're eating. - Yes, ma'am.
天啊
Oh, goodness!
-你好呀 狗狗们 -你叫什么名字呀
- Hello, puppies. - Hello, what's your name?
那是糖糖
Well, that's Sugar.
这些都是她的崽
And these are her puppies.
快过来 快过来 小家伙
Come here, come here, little one.
-这是威士忌和雪利 -你好呀
- Whiskey and Sherry. - Hello.
这么谨慎就对了 你真聪明
Oh, you're very clever to be cautious.
在我内心深处 和小动物在一起才是最快乐的
Oh, it's really one of the great paradoxes of being in a position
而我却不得不去和一大群人周♥旋♥
where I have to talk to a great many people,
这才是最大的悖论啊
but deep down, I'm happiest with animals.
我们俩都一样
That makes two of us.
我总是在想 尽管不一定是更好的
I always think my sister would've made, if not the better,
但我妹妹应该更适合当第♥一♥夫♥人♥
the more natural First Lady.
我也是 生下来就是做女王
Oh, mine too. A born queen.
最伟大的英国女王 在她心里就不一定了
And the greatest of British queens. In her own mind, anyway.
不 我很喜欢她 我都准备好讨厌她了
No, I liked her very much. And I'd been all set to loathe her.
但到最后 我完全被她迷住了
But in the end, I was utterly charmed.
-真是个及时的提醒啊 -提醒什么
- It's a timely reminder. - Of what?
人啊 就和他们看上去的一样
Well, that people are so rarely what they seem.
那我就不太懂帕特里克在说什么了
Well, then I don't know what Patrick was talking about.
-帕特里克 -普伦基特
- Patrick? - Plunket.
-我昨晚在塔图夫见到他了 -那是家餐厅吗
- I saw him last night at Tartuffe. - Oh, is that a restaurant?
是戏剧 亲爱的 非常著名的法国戏剧
It's a play, dear. A very famous French play.
-我知道 -是吗
- Oh, I knew that. - Did you?
-当然 一部古典悲剧 -那是喜剧
- Yes, it's a classic tragedy. - Farce.
-毕沙罗的 -是莫里哀的
- By Pissarro. - Molière.
毕沙罗是画家
Pissarro was a painter!
你上次去电影院都是什么时候的事了
When was the last time you even went to the theater?
画廊呢
Or a gallery?
那读书呢
Or even read a book?
你真是个原始人啊
Oh, you're a savage.
谢谢你了
Oh, thank you.
帕特里克怎样了
What about Patrick?
他上周在拉齐维尔吃晚饭
Well, Patrick had dinner at the Radziwills' last week,
而你的新好友肯尼迪夫人 也是座上宾
where your new best friend, Mrs. Kennedy, was also a guest.
他今早打电♥话♥给我 说要和我讲讲
He called me this morning to tell me some of the things
他在晚饭时无意听到她说的一些话
he'd overheard her say at dinner.
她说什么了
Oh, what did she say?
那你得去问问帕特里克了
You'd have to ask Patrick.
我不得不说 听上去可不太好啊
I must say, it did seem a little unkind.
你也知道转述引语经人复述后会被扭曲成什么样啊
You know how reported speech gets twisted in the re-telling.
我可以肯定其实没什么大不了的
I'm quite sure it was nothing.
别担心了
Don't worry!
将军敬礼
General salute!
举枪致敬
Present arms!
枪上肩
Shoulder arms!
持枪立正
Order arms!
向后转
About turn!
-帕特里克 -女王陛下
- Patrick. - Your Majesty.
真高兴你能来
It's so kind of you to come.
-其实也不太远 -你还住在拐角处吗
- It's really not far. - Are you still just round the corner?
-在惠灵顿兵营 -是的
- At Wellington Barracks? - I am.
你还在国内四处奔波
And are you still traveling up and down the country,
去不同的名校招募新兵吗
recruiting for all the regiments from the top schools?
这是我的职责所在
That's me.
我听说...
I gather...
你最近见了第♥一♥夫♥人♥
you saw the First Lady at dinner recently.
-哪位 -肯尼迪夫人
- Who? - Mrs. Kennedy.
-玛格丽特提到的 -是吗
- Margaret mentioned it. - Did she?
是的
Yes.
情况如何
So how was that?
挺愉快的 平平无奇
Pleasant enough. Uneventful.
-你懂的 在拉齐维尔都一样 -我不懂
- You know how it is at the Radziwills'. - No, I don't.
东西很好吃
Well, the food's always good.
好吧 我不是在问吃的
Yes, well, I wasn't asking about the food.
我想知道都说了些什么
I'd like to know what was said.
帕特里克 我们一起长大
Patrick, we grew up together
我们之间也一直很坦诚
and we've always had a very frank and a very open relationship.
-是的 陛下 -所以...
- Yes, ma'am. - Yes, so...
我们也不要打破这个习惯
Let's not break the habit of a lifetime.
好的
All right.
我无意中听到第♥一♥夫♥人♥说...
What I overheard the First Lady say...
我必须提一下 我们之间隔了好几个人
and I should mention, I was several places along the table.
-也有可能是我听错了 -好的
- It's possible that I misheard. - Yes.
她觉得白金汉宫
Was that she found Buckingham Palace
非常次 破旧不堪
second-rate, dilapidated and sad.
就像一间没人打理的乡下酒店
Like a neglected provincial hotel.
给人一种
And that one came away
老旧迂腐的制度气息
with a sense of a tired institution
一点现代感都没有
without a place in the modern world.
我明白了
I see.
她有说我什么吗
And did she have anything to say about me?
-莉莉白 -帕特里克
- Oh, Lilibet. - Patrick!
我在桌子的另一端 我...
I was at the other end of the table, I...
我听到的原话应该是...
But the words I think I overheard were...
我们的国家元首是一位中年妇女
that in our head of state, we had a middle-aged woman...
平平无奇 无知 不起眼
so incurious, unintelligent and unremarkable...
英国失去了那么多殖民地也不足为奇了
that Britain's new reduced place in the world was not a surprise,
那是必然的
but an inevitability.
我们很快就要再见到她了
We must have her again soon.
美国情报机构发现...
共♥产♥党委员会
苏联
坏消息 应该说是大大的坏消息
Bad news, I'm afraid. Worse than bad.
关于恩克鲁玛的沃尔特水库项目
Regarding Nkrumah's Volta Dam project.
肯尼迪总统已经放弃
President Kennedy's pulled out.
为什么
Why?
美国的介入是有条件的
American involvement was conditional
那就是加纳要切断与俄♥国♥的一切联♥系♥
upon Ghana having severed all ties with the Russians.
结果恩克鲁玛昨天出现在莫斯科
Turns out Nkrumah was in Moscow yesterday
去领代表苏联最高军事荣誉的列♥宁♥勋章
to receive the Order of Lenin, highest military honor.
赫鲁晓夫亲自颁发
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表