剧集 | 生命新旅程 | 导航列表
一年 或许两年
A year, maybe two.
要是赛迪等不了那么久呢
What if Sadie doesn't last that long?
我最多只能做到这样了
Well, that's the best I can do.
我想尖叫这样还是不够
I wanted to scream that the best wasn't enough,
我想告诉他有太多小孩正命悬一线
I wanted to tell him too many kids were dying.
但我却说了
Instead I said...
谢谢你
Thank you.
在露营了一周后 我儿子回到家
So, a week after camping, my son comes home,
他只愿意去室外撒尿
and he refuses to pee anywhere but outside.
我儿子到现在还随地小便
Oh, my son still nature-pees whenever he can,
他都27了
and he's 27.
不敢相信都这么晚了
I can't believe how late it is.
抱歉 我一直唠叨
Ah, I'm sorry. I'm rambling.
我该让你回家了
I should let you get home.
为什么
Why?
想去别的地方
Any interest in grabbing a drink
再喝一杯吗
somewhere...not here.
只要是你挑的我都喜欢
Well, that is my all-time favorite place.
你不用给我发短♥信♥
You didn't have to text me.
反正我也能找着你
I would have found you up here.
老爸怎么样了
How's Dad doing?
说实话 还不错
He's okay, actually.
那你呢
What about you?
我不知道
I don't know.
我感觉束手无措
I think I might be in over my head.
我从没想过为别人争取
I had no idea that it would be this hard
会这么困难
advocating for someone.
我以为我能像爸妈一样轻松做到
I -- I thought it would be as easy for me as it was for Mom and Dad.
你以为爸妈容易吗
Is that what you think?
斯黛拉 这事从不轻松
Stella, it was never easy.
之后艾登把真♥相♥告诉了我
And that's when Aiden told me the truth
关于我的父母所经历的一切
about what my parents went through for me.
根本不是因为一场振奋人心的演讲
It wasn't a single uplifting speech
让我入选了试验
that got me into that trial.
我的父母每周都会去医院
Week after week, my parents would come in,
在医保的官僚主义中披荆斩棘
sludge their way through healthcare bureaucracy,
为我求情
and plead my case.
时而威逼利诱
Sometimes threatening...
时而讨价还价
...sometimes negotiating.
到最后 我那骄傲的父亲
And, finally, my father -- my proud father...
只能苦苦哀求
...was reduced to begging.
这一路非常漫长
It was a long road,
他们为此付出了很多
and it took a lot out of them.
他们一直在那里
They were in there all the time,
确保你房♥间里的通风口保持正确朝向
making sure the air vents in your room were pointed the right way,
为你弄来最先进的设备
getting you the latest equipment.
他们全力以赴
They fought hard.
他们经历了地狱般的煎熬吧
They went through hell, huh?
没错
They did.
但是为了你都值得
But you're worth it.
是啊 赛迪也是
Yes, Sadie is, too.
但是如果我做不到呢
But... what if I can't do it?
如果我不能像爸妈那样
What if I can't give her
为她争取到同样的美好结局怎么办
the same happy ending that Mom and Dad gave me?
你不能这么想
You can't think like that.
你不能停止尝试
You can't stop trying.
你必须明白 选择这条路
You just have to know, going into it,
有时确实会受很多伤
that sometimes it's gonna hurt a lot.
但这就是人生 这就是爱
But that is life and it's -- it's love.
有好也有坏
It's the whole thing.
你居然次次都是对的 真是奇怪
You know, it's weird how often you're right,
而你至今都不♥穿♥有鞋带的鞋
considering you still only wear slip-on shoes.
已经睡着了
Fast asleep.
谢谢你让我冷静下来
Thank you for calming me down.
我可能有点反应过激了
I may have... slightly overreacted.
我还真以为你要打电♥话♥叫救援直升机了
I did think you were gonna call medevac at one point.
你肯定觉得我是个疯子
Oh, you probably think I'm a crazy person.
没错
I do.
而且又凶狠又慈爱
And fierce and loving.
并且还习惯于照顾一个
And used to taking care of someone
需要投入大量精力的人
who needed an unbelievable level of concern.
我是说 我只是看过几眼
I mean, I barely got a glimpse
你照顾斯黛拉的情形
of what you went through with Stella and I --
我自认永远也没法做到那个份上
I'll never be the same for it.
斯黛拉15岁时
When Stella was 15,
她告诉我她感觉不舒服
she told me she was feeling sick,
但她没法描述到底哪里不舒服
but she couldn't describe exactly what was wrong,
所以我以为只是因为即将返校的压力
so I chalked it up to back-to-school stress.
整整过了一个月我才带她去看医生
It took me a month to take her to the doctor.
自那之后我一直都很自责
For the longest time, I blamed myself,
"我早点带她去就好了"
"If only I had taken her sooner".
但是现在她没事了
But she's okay now.
但有时候我不确定我有没有事
But sometimes, I'm just not sure I am.
我们都在这支持你呢
Hey, we're all here for you.
这就是家人
It's what family's for.
谢谢
Thank you.
正说到家人
Speaking of family.
迪亚哥
Hey, Diego.
我只是确认一下
Hey, just wanted to make sure
一切都好吗
that everything was okay over there.
一切都好
Everything's great.
孩子们在睡觉
Kids are sleeping.
我正跟妈一块坐着呢
I am just sitting here with...mum.
你刚刚叫我妈了吗
Did you just call me mum?
他叫了
He totally did.
是啊
Yeah.
我爱死我的孩子们了
I love my boys.
我很高兴今晚能这么成功
Oh, I'm so glad that tonight was a success
因为我正好想问你们有没有空
because I was actually wondering if you're free,
说不定你们能
maybe you could --
你那边信♥号♥♥不好 哥们
You're breaking up, mate.
我只是想问
Oh, I -- I was just gonna ask --
听不清 你说啥
Hard to hear. What?
我能看到你
I can see you.
现在我知道打仗输了是什么感觉了
Now that I knew what it was like to lose a battle,
我理解为什么格兰特医生要不参杂私人感情了
I understood why Dr. Grant needed to detach.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
我没事
Yeah, I'm fine.
我想为之前说的"无情"而道歉
I came to apologize about the whole "Heartless" thing.
显然你不是这样的人
Clearly, you're not.
你的病人...
Did your patient...
我错了
I was wrong.
这对你来说不仅仅是一份工作
This isn't just a job to you.
我大哥的名字叫杰西
My big brother's name was Jesse.
他喜欢自行车越野赛
And, uh, he liked BMX
喜欢西雅图海鹰队
and the Seahawks
喜欢听快步乐队的歌♥
and any song by The Shins.
他是我的心目中的英雄
He was my hero.
我治疗的每一个病人
And in every single patient I treat,
都让我想起我哥
every single one, I see him.
当他们去世时
And when I lose one,
我就感觉自己又一次失去了我哥
I lose my brother all over again.
节哀顺变
I'm so sorry.
斯黛拉 我知道你的感受
Stella, I know what you're going through
我知道那种每天早上起来然后想着
because I know what it's like to wake up every single day and wonder...
"为什么我是那个活下来的人"的感受
"Why am I the one that lived?"
你怎么坚持下来的
How do you do it?
你怎么做到继续走下去的
How do you keep going?
你要抓住胜利的希望
You take the wins when you can get them...
而别让失败
...and you try not to let the losses
剧集 | 生命新旅程 | 导航列表