剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表
It was...
我成了焦点
as if I came into focus.
太他妈美妙了
That's fucking beautiful.
你得让保罗理解刚才
You may need to help Paul see
你巧舌如簧的阐释
what you've articulated so artfully.
别看我 亲爱的
Don't look at me, honey.
我是破坏你晚餐的第三者
I'm the third wheel that crashes your dinners.
胡说 是你想办法
Oh, nonsense. You're the one who figured out
让我的书出版的
how to get "Mastering" published.
你知道你需要什么吗
You know what you need?
你需要一个保罗尊敬的人
You need someone Paul really respects
来动摇他的决心
to rally his troops.
是时候拿出杀手锏了
It's time to bring out the big guns.
你又长高了吗
Did you grow?
姐妹 我觉得是你缩水了
Oh, girl, I think you shrank.
谢谢
Thank you.
真美味
That's just lovely.
问题就在这 朱蒂斯
And that's the thing, Judith.
我们花了十年写完第一本书
We worked on God damn Part One 10 years,
如今其话题性已经消退了
and we're already fading from the discussion.
什么话题
What discussion?
我们如何饮食
The discussion of how we eat.
没什么话题 从来就没有话题
That's not a discussion. It's never been a discussion.
你的书让大家意识到我们或许
Your book made it seem like we could start
应该认真谈论这个话题五分钟
having that discussion for about five minutes.
但这还不是这个国家会进行的话题
But it's not a discussion, as yet, we have in this country.
-但应该是 -没错
- Well, it ought to be. - Right.
-谢谢 -谢谢
- Thank you. - Thank you.
我才不♥穿♥围兜
I'm not wearing one of those.
朱蒂斯 说真的
Oh, Judith, really.
穿上更有意思
Part of the fun.
为了你 好吧
For you, fine.
有时当我想到我做的决定
Sometimes, when I think, the choices I made
保罗做的决定 生活替我们做的决定
and the choices Paul made, the choices life made for us,
我怕到了最后
I fear, at the end of the day,
我们的努力最终成了
that it's all going to add up to nothing more than
躺在滞销书架上的大部头
lying flat on a shelf of remainders.
朱莉娅
Julia.
但到了我这个年纪
Ooh, but at this stage of my life,
我不想变成透明人
I don't want to feel invisible.
我想活着有所意义
I want to feel relevant.
我想有所贡献
I want to be relevant.
那你必须去做
Well, then, you have to do it.
奶油酱简直好吃的犯规
That drawn butter is criminally good.
朱蒂斯 多沾点酱汁
Why, Judith, a more liberal dipping
能让龙虾的鲜甜更为突出
will really bring out the sweetness of the lobster meat.
让我来
Allow me.
如果你吸虾腿 里面还有更多肉
There's more flesh in there if you're willing to suck it out.
那我能帮你什么
So, how can I be of service?
你大老远来波士顿就为了这个吗
So, you came all the way to Boston for that?
有时候艰难的对话
Sometimes, it's better to
最好见面谈
have difficult conversations face-to-face.
天呐 他们这么失望吗
Egads! They were that disappointed?
他们非常盼望你能考虑他们的提议
They were really hoping you'd consider their offer,
尤其是他们认为 你没什么可损失
especially as, as they see it, you have nothing to lose.
晚餐来了
Dinner is served.
-来点红肉吗 -当然
- Dark meat? - Of course.
好吃
Yum.
就一集
It's just one episode.
我们拒绝
Our answer is no.
下周拍摄 然后你就可以回归生活
Shoot it next week, and then you can walk away.
没有任何问题
No questions asked.
我说了不行
I said no.
我开始感觉你过来是为了见我们 不是他们
I'm beginning to think the trip was to see us, not them.
保罗
Oh, Paul.
听着 朱蒂斯 我非常尊敬你
Look, Judith. I have enormous respect for you,
光是出版了《安妮日记》就了不起
for Anne Frank alone,
但我怎么能如此卑鄙
but how can I be so base
让我的贤惠妻子在电视上
as to let my good wife hock her wares
像上门推销员那样宣传自己的书
like a door-to-door salesman on television?
祝大家好胃口
Bon appétit, everyone.
这是公共电视 保罗
It's public television, Paul.
它的任务是教育大众
Its mandate is to educate.
但它还没想出不让人睡着
As yet, it hasn't figured out how to do that
就能教育大众的方法
without putting people to sleep.
但他们推介的这个节目
But this -- this amorphous thing
可能有非凡的潜力
they're proposing could be anything.
你们俩可以成就任何事
You two can make it anything
并在制♥作♥节目的过程中为这个年轻的国家
and do something to better this still-young country
做出贡献
while you're at it.
你是位多年的外交官
You were a diplomat for so many years.
把这个当作文化外交
Think of it as cultural diplomacy.
而朱莉娅是我们的参赞
And Julia as our attaché.
外交吗
Diplomacy?
实质就是如此 对吧
That's what it is, isn't it?
我们在法国的经历深刻地改变了我们
Our time in France changed us both in such a profound way.
我们的饮食方式深深影响了
What we eat is so deeply connected
我们对自己的看法
to how we see ourselves,
以及我们在社会上的角色
to our -- our role in our society.
试想...
Imagine...
太对了
So true.
没错 我没办法说得更好了
And yet, I've never heard it articulated so beautifully.
我能看到
I can almost see it.
接地气 却充满国际范
Earthen, yet international.
蒲公英林中一朵含苞待放的玫瑰
A budding rose in a forest of dandelions.
一座美食灯塔
A beacon shining her light
照进千家万户美国人的黑暗厨房♥
into the darkness of the American kitchen.
太过了 保罗
It's too much, Paul.
我觉得你最初的想法没错
I really think your original impulse was the right one.
我们都这把年纪了 无法想象上电视
Can't even fathom it at this point of our lives.
但你是个明星
But you're a star.
那我们该答应吗
So, should we say yes?
但必须拍得高雅
It has to be rarefied.
并且推崇法式餐饮
And Francophile.
-那是自然 -当然
- Of course. - Absolutely.
如果她要上电视 必须要拍得妥当
If she's going to do it, she needs to do it right.
精妙 真实
Keep it smart. Keep it true.
同时 亲爱的
At the same time, my love,
我觉得这个节目应该
I do think it should be a show
让全国所有的美国家庭主妇
where any old American housewife in the country
都能做出我做的菜
can make whatever it is I'm making.
好极了 平民法式烹饪
Brilliant. French food for everyone,
不再是专供白宫
not just the White House.
当然了 依然是充满内涵
And yet, at the same time, highly discerning.
充满
Highly.
你能看到节目的潜力 对吧
You can see it, can't you?
不能
Nope.
当然 我能看到
Yes. Yes, I can see it.
敬朱莉娅
To Julia.
和她米其林级别鸡肉
And her Michelin chicken.
敬朱莉娅
To Julia.
敬我们
To us.
我们应该给别人看
We should show it to some people.
给画廊
A gallery.
这是你的时刻 保罗
This is your moment, Paul.
保罗 保罗 亲爱的
Paul. Paul. Dear.
不 不行
No. No.
怎么了
What?
-怎么了 -有点热
- What? - This is... a little warm.
完美
Perfect.
朱莉娅·查尔德收
剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表