剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表
Thank you, Mr. President.
玛丽莲·梦露曾为肯尼迪唱《生日快乐》
我就不唱《生日快乐》了
I won't sing "Happy Birthday," if it's all the same to you.
天呐
Oh, my.
请各位原谅我的小任性
If you'll indulge me,
介绍一下《法国大厨》的团队
permit an introduction to the "French Chef" team.
他们就在第六桌
They're back there, at table six.
朱蒂斯·琼斯 卓越的编辑
Judith Jones, editor extraordinaire,
竟然在众多文学巨匠中
who somehow has found time for me
抽时间给我编辑
amongst the literary pantheon.
亨特·福克斯 我们的电台经理
And Hunter Fox, our general manager,
他认为家庭主妇也能制♥作♥电视节目
who believed a housewife could make a television show.
拉斯·莫拉什 帅气的总监和制片人
And Russ Morash, our dashing director and producer,
真正做出这档节目的人
who actually makes that television show.
还有勇敢 多谋和天才的爱丽丝·纳曼
And brave, resourceful, ingenious Alice Naman,
初出茅庐的制片和未来的电视开拓者
fledgling producer and one-day television pioneer.
以及我最好的朋友
And then there is my very best friend,
阿维斯·德维托
Avis DeVoto...
以及保罗·查尔德 我的丈夫和伴侣
...and Paul Child, my husband -- my partner,
从始至终都在心中占据最中♥央♥的位置
whom I hold in my heart of hearts, first and last.
最让我欢喜鼓舞的是
Well, it tickles me more than you know
我们的小小节目有了观众
that our little show has found an audience.
但我猜多数人对此的反应还是
But I suppose the response I still get most from people is,
"不好意思 什么"
"I'm sorry, what?"
"那是什么意思 烹饪节目
"What does that possibly mean, a show about cooking?
你烹饪我们看
You cook and we watch,
然后我们看着你把刚做好的食物吃掉吗
and then we watch as you eat what you've just cooked?
我漏掉什么了吗"
Am I missing something?"
我会这样回答
And I answer this way --
我们所做的其实是一档旅游节目
that what we're actually making is a travel program;
电视就像一扇窗
that television is like a window,
美妙之处在于
and the best of it opens
打开它就能收获美不胜收的景色
to the most remarkable places;
而食物就像护照
that food itself is like a passport;
文化 历史都牢牢锁在其味道
that the culture, the history is locked inside the flavors
和香气中 每种菜肴独一无二
and the aromas that are unique to each cuisine.
我不为大厨做饭
I don't cook for chefs.
我为其他厨子做饭
I cook for other cooks.
为普通人 多数是女性 家庭主妇
For ordinary people -- mostly women, housewives --
所以我说 你们能望到无限的世界
and I say to them, you have endless horizons,
远不止你家的墙 你的街道和你的小镇
far beyond the walls of your house, your block, your town.
世界都是你的牡蛎[在你脚下]
The whole world is your oyster --
真的
quite literally.
如果你花时间做一顿佳肴
And if you take the time it requires to make a great meal,
那你就会感受到与我一样的
then you may feel the same sense of accomplishment,
成就感 掌握一切的感觉
of mastery, that I feel.
因为我不是个大厨
And because I'm not a chef --
我也不总是个好厨子
I'm not always a very good cook --
因为我失败 所以大家愿意相信我
because I fail, they tend to believe it.
所以我们能一起进行这趟旅程
And so we go on this journey together.
这都多亏了你们
And that is owing to all of you
和你们对公共电视的支持
and your support of public television.
最后我想说谢谢各位 祝大家好胃口
And so I say thank you and bon appétit.
我得把她介绍给伯德女士
Well, I have to introduce her to Lady Bird.
杰姬和我已经厌倦了每周日都在
Jackie and I are tired of eating King Ranch Chicken
林登餐馆吃鸡肉砂锅
every Sunday night at Lyndon's place.
各位 享受你们的主餐
Well, folks, enjoy your main course.
你真是个奇迹 谢谢
You are a marvel. And thank you.
所有话都千真万确
Well, every word is true.
你现在可以放松了
And you may relax now.
因为安德烈的干预 这个演讲更好了
The speech was better for Andre's intervention.
还有拉斯
And Russ.
谢谢你
Thank you.
朱莉娅
Julia.
你不知道这对我来说有多重要
You have no idea how much it means to me
你所说和所做的
that you said what you did --
而且不仅是关于我
not just about me,
还有你做的事
about what you do.
这是我们一起做的事
Oh, it's what we do.
谢谢 爱丽丝
Thank you, Alice.
还有一件事
One more thing?
我一直在等待这一刻
Oh, I've been waiting for this moment
仿佛像等了一辈子一样
for what feels like my entire life,
所以我知道这有点奇怪
so I know this is a little peculiar,
但你能原谅我早点离开吗
but would it be entirely unforgivable if I leave early?
我禁止你留下
I forbid you to stay.
谢谢
Thank you.
你来这干什么
What are you doing here?
那你又在给谁打电♥话♥
Well, who were you calling?
我们走
Let's go.
等等
Wait.
我得让血液流动起来
Well, I need to get my blood moving again.
去女厕所吗
Ladies' room?
不去
Pass.
我去趟酒吧 再来一杯吗
I'm going to the bar. Refresh?
谢谢
Please.
不好意思
I'm sorry.
我的腿实在是太长了
My legs are ostentatiously long,
但这样让我有集♥会♥认识邻桌的你
but I do get to meet my table neighbor.
美国当代著名女权运动家 改革家
著有《女性的奥秘》《第二阶段》
贝蒂·弗里丹 幸会 虽然是隔着肩膀
Betty Friedan. Nice to meet you, even over the shoulder.
贝蒂·弗里丹 天呐
Oh, Betty Friedan. My goodness.
我坐在一个充满活力的位置啊
I'm seated in a lively neighborhood.
我刚买♥♥了你的书
I just bought your book.
先提前道歉 但我还没看过
Apologies in advance, but I haven't read it yet.
电视制♥作♥的日程实在太紧张
The television schedule is a hard taskmaster.
我很想听听你的想法
I'd be very interested to hear what you think.
是吗 那我们该聊聊
Oh, well, then, we shall speak.
不过你能坐到我这桌来吗
You wouldn't mind joining me at a seat over here, would you?
否则明早我的脖子就不能动了
Otherwise, I may not be able to move my neck in the morning.
珍珠项链真美
Lovely pearls.
是我母亲的
Oh, they belonged to my mother.
谢谢
Thank you.
晚上好
Good evening.
需要点什么
What can I get you?
脏马提尼
Dirty martini.
来两杯
Make that two.
我们被困住了
We're trapped by it.
女人们
Women are.
被女性的奥秘吗
By the feminine mystique?
被其臆断
By its assumptions.
是什么
Which are what?
女性获得满足感的方式就应该是
Well, that women are meant to find fulfillment
做家务
in -- in -- in -- in housework,
结婚 生孩子
marriage, child rearing.
而不是做男人做的事
As opposed to what men do.
没错
Exactly.
那这有得选吗
And is that a choice, either/or?
看看这个世界吧
Uh, well, look at the world.
我自己也没有孩子
Well, I'm childless myself.
但对我来说 我觉得不是这样
But for me, I haven't found that to be the case.
坦率地说 查尔德太太
Well, in all candor, Mrs. Child --
叫我朱莉娅吧
Oh, Julia.
你不是个好例子
You're not a good example.
对你的论点来说吗
Of your argument, you mean?
还是对其他人
Or to others?
我们还是别在这谈这个了
Let's not have this conversation here.
但我们已经谈了
Oh, but we are having it.
无论你想说什么 说出来吧
And whatever needs to be said should be said.
我不了解你
I don't know you.
确实不
No, you don't.
剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表