剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表
书只在波士顿销♥售♥
I-It's only selling in Boston, and --
可谁又在乎波士顿呢
and who really cares about Boston?
我知道你爱这个女人
I know you love this woman.
但我看不出
But I just can't see how
第二辑书能让我们赚钱
a second volume works for us at this time.
抱歉 真的
I'm sorry. I really am.
至少你现在有空负责更严肃的书了
At least now you'll have time for your more serious titles.
我该接这个电♥话♥
I should get that.
我是朱蒂斯
This is Judith.
朱蒂斯 我是约翰
Judith, it's John.
我在波士顿公共电台 我得告诉你
I'm here at WGBH, and I must tell you --
我不会沦为什么笑柄吧
I'm not gonna be the butt of some joke here, am I?
约翰 当然不会
John! Not at all!
我觉得这地方应该不代表你的个性
I shouldn't have assumed this place would reflect you personally,
但这里"公共"的氛围远大过"电台"
but it's much heavier on the "public" than the "television."
听着 你的观众少而精
Look, it's a small audience, but a smart one.
有文化 聪明 懂学术
Literate. Intellectual. Academic.
我得说实话 朱蒂斯 我有点打退堂鼓
I have to be honest, Judith. I'm having second thoughts.
你的修改笔记很棒
Your notes were great,
但没有什么笔记值得我这样
but no notes are that great.
不好意思 抱歉打扰了
Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt.
我只想说我很荣幸能在我们的小电台
I just wanted to say how delightful it is to see you
看到你的大驾光临
at our little station.
文学巨匠
A literary giant,
莅临我们的电台
gracing our airwaves.
杜汉姆教授书是文化人的猫王
Professor Duhamel is the Elvis of eggheads,
而你绝对是他桂冠上的明珠
and you will surely be the jewel in his crown.
爱看书的小朋友肯定会比现在
All the Crimson kids are going to worship you
更加崇拜你
even more than they already do.
"他跑着
"He runs.
跑着
Runs.
跑着"
Runs."
太妙了
It's genius.
你欠我个人情
You owe me one.
这些靠枕好些了吗
Are the pillows better now?
确实看起来好多了
They do look better.
你应该考虑每周
You should really consider the benefits
都把靠枕弄蓬松
of fluffing them weekly!
我在弄了 我在弄了
I'm on it. I'm on it.
你觉得这些盆栽闻着像假的吗
Do the ferns smell fake to you?
假盆栽是什么味道
What does a fake fern smell like?
回答错误
Wrong answer.
让玛西娅把
Get Marcia to spritz them
她的喷发雾拿来喷一点
with some of that hair spray she uses
那个非常好闻
that smells so good.
那东西是可♥燃♥物♥
That stuff's flammable.
那我头上全是
Well, I'm doused in it!
别管头发喷雾了
Oh, never mind the hair spray.
我又不是没学过《兔子跑吧》
It's not that I haven't read and taught "Rabbit, Run,"
但我需要一点时间为今天做准备
but I deserve some runway to prepare for this.
我不得不赶紧决定
I had to act fast.
这个机会看上去太好 不应该错过
And this seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up.
抱歉 不会再发生了
I'm sorry. It won't happen again.
不不 没关系
No, no, no. It's alright.
但记住你怀疑过厄普代克是否会来我们节目
But just remember you doubted someone of Updike's caliber
而实际是他们自己想来
was within our grasp.
我希望你吸取了教训
And I hope you've learned your lesson.
是这里吗
Is this the right place?
你好 约翰
Hello, John.
我能叫你约翰吗
May I call you John?
这就是我的名字
It's my name.
好极了 你可以叫我阿尔伯特
Excellent! You may call me Albert.
你也可以叫我公爵
You may also call me Duke.
但那不是我的名字
It isn't my name.
朱莉娅 亲爱的
Oh, Julia! Darling!
你好 阿尔伯特
Hello, Albert!
请见见我尊贵的嘉宾
Please meet my distinguished guest.
我们已经
Oh, uh, we've --
朱莉娅 这位是约翰·厄普代克
Julia, this is John Updike.
这是朱莉娅·查尔德
And this is Julia Child,
《精通法式大厨》的作者
towering scribe of "Mastering the French Chef."
约翰 欢迎来到波士顿公共电台
Hello, John. Welcome to WGBH.
-幸会 -女士们 真抱歉
- Charmed. - Ladies, I am very sorry.
我相信你们一定愿意留下闲聊
I'm sure you'd love to stay and chitchat,
但现在不太方便
but it's really not a good time for us.
我们就要开播了 需要集中精神
We're about to start, and we need to focus.
当然 我们这就走
Yes, of course. We'll get out of the way.
约翰 很荣幸见到你
John, it's been a pleasure.
还《精通法式大厨》
"Mastering the French Chef."
真是个小丑
What a buffoon.
他是怎么邀请到约翰·厄普代克的
And how did he ever land John Updike?
我完全不知道
I have no idea.
他介绍他的样子
The way he presented him to us,
而且他根本没把我算在内
not that he even registered I was there.
他就像个受宠的孩子 在才艺展示会上炫耀
He was like a sugared-up child at show-and-tell.
我真想在手里啐一口唾沫
I practically wanted to spit in my hand
涂他一脸
and wipe the chocolate off his face.
我觉得挺好
I thought it was sweet.
确实有很多词能形容刚才 但挺好绝对不是
It was many things, but sweet it was not.
我知道厄普代克能来他肯定开心
Oh, I knew he'd be thrilled with Updike.
你开玩笑吧
You're kidding.
是你帮他邀请的厄普代克吗
You sent him Updike?
反正他不知道
Well, not as far as he knows.
说好的"我不知道"呢
What happened to "no idea"?
你这个狡猾的女人
You fly fox.
你想知道我是怎么做到的吗
You want to know how I did it?
不 我想知道你为什么这么做
No. I want to know why you did it.
他开心 亨特就开心
When he's happy, Hunter's happy.
我懂
I get it.
我整个周末都在这么对待保罗
I spent the last week doing the same thing for Paul.
增加他的信心 安抚他的自尊
Boosting his ego and massaging his pride
好让你能安心地工作
so that you could get your work done in peace.
男人有时只需要一些鼓励
Men just need a little boost sometimes.
我真是太感动了
I find it terribly moving.
让女人夺走风头肯定不容易
Can't be easy having a woman steal your shine.
你偷走了什么风头
What shine did you ever steal?
明明就是该你风光的时候
That's your shine.
阿维斯 别这样
Oh, Avis, come now.
从伊甸园开始世事便是如此
This tale goes back to the Garden of Eden.
让生活充满刺♥激♥
It makes life spicy.
要我说 不同万岁
I say, vive la difference.
而且 如果他真希望别人关注
And besides, if he wants the spotlight so badly,
就让他去吧
let him have it.
我说不好
I don't know.
我只是在想我们能多拥有多少时间
I just think about how many more hours in the day we'd have
如果我们不需要花这么长时间
if we didn't have to spend so much of it
为自己的成功向男人道歉的话
apologizing to men for your success.
我可不抱歉
I'm not apologizing.
谁说要道歉了
Who said anything about apologizing?
别这么黑白分明 阿维斯
Don't be so black-and-white, Avis.
不讨喜
It's unbecoming.
大家好 欢迎收看
Hello, and welcome to
《阅读时刻》
"I've Been Reading."
现在开始上课
Class is now in session.
我想先问一个关于《兔子》的问题
Well, I want to start with a question about "Rabbit."
我已经看了这本书三遍
I've read this book three times now
每次阅读都觉得自己更加
and find myself more struck and challenged
震撼 困惑和沉迷其中
and enthralled by it each time.
告诉我一个作者 在这里就是你
Tell me what a writer -- in this case you,
约翰·厄普代克
John Updike --
剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表