剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表
This may not be the best moment for cuddling.
我的双脚冰凉 其他地方的老血管都肿了
My feet are ice, and the rest of the old vessel is inflamed.
而且 你没发现吗
And besides, haven't you noticed?
我又丑
I'm hideous...
又老
...ancient...
而且没法集中注意力
...and distracted.
你很美 正值盛年
You're beautiful, in your prime.
让我来让你从没法集中注意力上分心吧
And let me distract you from your distraction.
不 你今天晚上或许该回你房♥间睡
No, maybe you should sleep in your room tonight.
亲爱的 你确定你没事吗
Darling, are you sure you're quite all right?
你到底有没有听我讲话
Have you been listening to a word I've said?
不 保罗 我有事
No, Paul, I'm not!
我把这归因于开幕前夜的神经过敏
I chalk this up to opening-night jitters.
你记住 波士顿电台的人相信你能做到
Just remember, they believe in you at WGBH.
这个节目不仅是你的孩子 也是他们的
This is their baby as much as it is yours.
他们投入时间和金钱
They've invested time, money.
是他们找上你的
They came to you.
晚安 我的爱 我爱你
Good night, my love. I love you.
明天见
À demain.
保罗
Oh, Paul.
保罗斯基 回来
Paulski, come back.
喂
Hello?
朱蒂斯
Oh, Judith...
我吵醒你了吗
did I wake you?
我关心的是霍夫施塔特想
My concern with Hofstadter is selling a book
卖♥♥一本超过500页的反智书籍
on anti-intellectualism that's more than 500 pages.
这确实有点讽刺
It does seem a little ironic.
你此前提过吗
Have you expressed that?
这种事必须直言不讳
You can't soft-shoe around it.
她说得没错 吉恩
She's absolutely right, Gene.
你是要变成南瓜了吗 这么在意时间
Are you going to turn into a pumpkin?
《灰姑娘》中南瓜车到时间会变成南瓜
不是
Not quite.
朱莉娅·查尔德在波士顿等我
Julia Child needs me in Boston,
我害怕我赶不上火车
and I'm afraid I'm not gonna make my train.
布兰奇 我希望你能帮我个忙
Blanche, I was hoping you'd help a gal out.
约翰·厄普代克 美国最优秀的小说家
著名"兔子四部曲"使其两获普利策小说奖
我和厄普代克约了午饭 如果你能替我去
I have a lunch with Updike, and I'd be so grateful
我将不胜感激
if you'd go in my stead.
你打算为了朱莉娅·查尔德
You're canceling with John Updike
推掉约翰·厄普代克吗
for Julia Child?
美国长篇小说及短篇小说作家 诗人
厄普代克只想免费蹭饭 利奥
Updike just wants a free meal, Leo.
朱莉娅身处危机之中
Julia's in crisis.
是烹饪书续作是吗 朱蒂
With a cookbook sequel, right, Judy?
我叫朱蒂斯
Judith.
是的 但其实是关于...另一件事
Yes, but it's... something else entirely.
一部电视节目试播
A television pilot.
电视节目试播 我接手午餐邀约 阿尔佛雷德
Oh, a television pilot. I'll take the lunch, Alfred.
真好笑 阿尔佛雷德
Ha-ha, Alfred.
续作怎么样了
How's the new one?
目前为止不是《兔子快跑》
Well, thus far, it's not "Rabbit, Run".
厄普代克"兔子四部曲"中的第一部
然而你还是爽了他的约
And yet you're blowing him off.
我没爽约
I'm not blowing him off.
我倒是想和他坐下来侃大山
I'd love to sit with him and kibitz
这样他就不用撸起袖子干活了
so he can avoid rolling up his sleeves and doing the work,
但事实上 我们需要的就是撸起袖子干活
but the truth is, sleeve-rolling is all that's needed here,
无论我是否去参加午餐
with or without me at lunch.
但这就是工作的一部分 去激励
And yet that's part of the job -- to motivate,
去激发作者灵感 去施加适量的压力
to inspire, to apply just the right modicum of pressure.
优秀的编辑就该如此
That's what great editors do,
显然你也是其中之一
and you certainly are that.
让我走吧 布兰奇 拜托
Help me out here, Blanche. Please.
朱蒂斯
Judith...
我必须讲出来
I need to say this out loud
这样你才能听进去
so you can really hear it.
你是说要抛弃约翰·厄普代克
You are asking to jilt John Updike, who,
以你来看 就我听来
in your opinion, as I am hearing,
他也处在危机之中
is also in a sort of crisis
但你要弃他去见一个与其他两位女性
for a woman who wrote a cookbook
共同撰写烹饪书的女人
with two other women,
而她想要上当地的电视
trying to get on local television.
我觉得你知道我的回答
I think you know my answer.
你来了
Oh, you came!
我无形的帮手
My invisible hand.
没有你我可怎么办啊
What would I do without you?
我能去趟卫生间吗 我快憋不住了
Can I use the ladies'? I'm dying.
好了 我们的任务很艰巨
Well, then, our task is a mighty one --
展示并教会美国家庭
to teach and show an American home cook
如何做红酒炖鸡
how to make coq au vin,
这道菜完整做法需要4个小时
which takes 4 hours to make properly,
现在要削减到整28分钟
in 28 uninterrupted minutes.
我在火车上简单写了几个想法
I jotted down some thoughts on the train.
就我所见 你把它变成一部三幕剧
The way I see it, you structure it like a three-act play.
第一幕 把鸡剁成块
Act 1, butchering the chicken.
第二幕 加热
Act 2, adding heat.
第三幕 摆盘上桌
Act 3, plating and serving.
我的天哪
My word.
我怎么笑了
Aren't I just tickled!
我是为我有勇气
Yes, I'm so happy I had the "Courage"
邀请你加入我们而高兴
to invite you to join us.
我很高兴我有时间赶过来
I'm so happy the timing worked out so I could be here.
昨晚我睡不着
Something I was thinking of last night,
就想了一些办法
when I couldn't sleep --
通过换锅和盘子来节省时间
subbing out pots and pans to save time.
挺好 我觉得这个可行
Well, yes. I think that's right.
也许我们可以提前准备一些步骤
Maybe we can pre-prepare some of the steps.
这是哪来的机智小天才
Who is this nimble genius?
洋葱
Onions.
给
Oh, there you go.
我的天呐
Oh, my God.
全部吗
All of these?
谢天谢地我嫁的是个艺术家
Thank God I married an artist,
而不是共和党银行家
rather than a Republican banker.
不然我更得是个酒鬼
I'd be even more of a lush.
开拍
And...action.
这次抬头看 朱儿
And look up this time, Jul.
我就是摄影机 对我说话
I'm the camera. Talk to me.
我是朱莉娅·查尔德
I'm Julia Child.
欢迎收看《法国大厨》
Welcome to "The French Chef."
今天我们要做红酒炖鸡
Today we're going to do coq au vin,
这是法语的"鸡和红酒"
which is French for "Chicken and red wine."
-非常好 -堪称完美
- Well done. - That was perfect.
-简直太完美了 -就是这样了
- That was absolutely perfect. - That was it.
没有比这更好了
It could not be done better.
非常好
That was lovely.
现在要给鸡上色
Now it's time to brown the chicken.
亲爱的 不如你试试
Darling, why don't you try
这样转身
to circle back like this...
然后停在锅的左边
and then land left of the pot?
亲爱的 我觉得保持原样
Darling, I think it would be more efficient
效率会更高
if we just kept it as it is.
我提出的这种转法
Well, the version I'm proposing
会更突出你好看的一面
really accentuates your good side.
我好看的一面
My good side?
通过煎培根逼出其中的油 除去培根的本味
One renders the bacon to remove the bacon-y taste.
我们不希望培根在这道菜里喧宾夺主
We don't want the bacon to overwhelm the dish.
你应该尝尝鸡肉[谐音鸡♥巴♥]
You want to really taste the coq.
这是保罗的错
Ohh, that's Paul's fault.
我本来想做煎蛋卷
I wanted to make omelets.
就是这样
That's it, exactly!
剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表