剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表
而且他们也并没有
which they barely did.
但我们收到了27封来信
But we've gotten 27 letters.
那很多吗
Is that a lot?
对
Yes.
真的吗 听起来没多少
Really? Sounds rather meager.
对我们来说算多了
For us.
人们 尤其是女性想看你上节目
People, women especially, want to hear from you.
-真的吗 -是的
- They do? - They do.
恐怕这是最后的好消息了
I'm afraid that is the end of the good news.
我明白了
Oh, I see.
他们都是势利鬼
They're all such snobs.
抱歉让你跑来一趟听坏消息
I'm sorry I dragged you down here for this.
我只是...
I just...
我想亲自告诉你
I wanted to tell you in person.
谢谢你的好意
Well, thank you.
我不会放弃 我会继续推介
I'm not giving up. I'm going to keep pushing.
你的想法非常好
You're onto something so big.
我只是抱歉我的同事
I'm just sorry that my colleagues
没有这个眼光
don't have the vision to see it yet.
这些男士在哪
Where are these gentlemen?
请进
Come.
所有人都来了吗
Is that everyone?
是的
Yes. Yes, it is.
好极了 那我开始
Wonderful. Then I'll begin.
-纳曼小姐跟我说了 -叫我爱丽丝
- I've heard from Miss Naman. - Alice.
爱丽丝告诉了我噩耗
Alice gave me the diagnosis.
胎死腹中
Dead on arrival.
我理解 我每天都照镜子
I get it. I look in the mirror every day.
但我不会轻易放弃
But I'm not giving up so easily.
长成我这种大个子的好处之一就是
One of the advantages of looking like me
你在很小的时候就学会
is that you learn at a young age
不能轻易放弃
how not to take no for an answer.
你说什么
I'm sorry?
做一个试播集 开销我全包
Make a trial episode, and I'll pay for all of it --
食物 器材和所有的东西
food, equipment, the whole kit and caboodle.
在台里播出 如果观众喜爱 那我们再议
Air it, and if it gets traction, well, we'll go from there.
那是什么蛋糕
What kind of cake is that?
同意我的要求 我不仅会告诉你
Well, say yes, and not only will I tell you,
还会给你一大块
but I'll give you a most generous serving
你这辈子吃过最美味的蛋糕
of the most delicious gateau you've ever tasted.
我甚至会告诉你食谱
And I'll even share the recipe.
你瞧 这道甜品的精妙之处
You see, what makes this dessert so absolutely wicked
就在于其简单
is its simplicity.
你妻子也可以做 而且她第一次
Your wife could whip it up, and it would turn out
就能做的跟我这个一样
just like this one on her first try.
我没结婚
I'm not married.
那我就把食谱告诉你
Oh, well, then I'll share the recipe with you.
试播集吗
A trial episode, huh?
我觉得这是个好主意
I think it's a brilliant idea.
真的吗
Oh, really?
对 我希望自己能想到
Yes. I wish I had thought of it.
查尔德太太负责开销
With Mrs. Child covering the cost,
那我们就没什么损失
we have nothing to lose.
听着 《阅读时刻》播后收到的来信
Look, we've gotten more letters for this woman
这位女士的反馈比其他任何嘉宾都要多
than any other guest in the history of "I've Been Reading,"
这还包括了声誉极高的作家
and that includes some blue chip authors.
我只想申明一句 我反对这主意
I just want to say, for the record, I'm against this.
无意冒犯
I mean... no offense.
但这真的是
But is this really what we think
公共电台该播出的内容吗
public television should be doing?
给我切一片
Cut me a slice.
哈利路亚
Hallelujah!
怎么样
And?
这才是我的乖丈夫
That's my happy boy.
我遇到一件趣事
A funny thing happened.
你绝对想不到谁给我打电♥话♥了
You'll never guess who I got a call from.
美国烹饪泰斗 其基金会有美食界奥斯卡之称
詹姆斯·比尔德
James Beard.
不是 但我喜欢你的想法
No. Though I like the way your mind works.
电♥话♥来的太突然了
And just out of the blue.
谁给你打电♥话♥了 朱儿
Well, who called, Jul?
波士顿电台
WGBH.
其实是爱丽丝·纳曼 一位制片人
Or rather, Alice Naman, one of the producers there.
总之发生了一件意想不到的事
Anyway, it's the craziest thing.
他们想请我回去
They want me back.
上《阅读时刻》吗
On "I've Been Reading"?
宣传什么
To promote what?
你跟茜姆卡还需要好多年才能写完那书
It'll be years before you and Simca finish that damn book.
没错
Exactly.
你总是比我想得周到
Always two beats ahead of me.
听说我在电台的煎蛋饼表演
Apparently, they've gotten an enormous response
受到了听众的强烈反响
from my little omelette-making performance.
强烈 有多强烈
Enormous? How enormous?
27封来信
27 letters.
他们想给我一档自己的节目
They want to test giving me my own show.
当然我很意外 但感觉非常有意思
Naturally, I was surprised, but it seems awfully fun,
我确实喜欢上电视
and I did love doing it.
但保罗
But, Paul,
我需要你做我的搭档
I need you here to be my partner,
引导我经历这一切
to navigate all of this for me.
所以我被迫退休 但你可以回去工作吗
So, I'm forced to retire and you go back to work?
亲爱的 亲爱的
Darling, darling.
如果你不愿意 我就不会去
I won't do it if you don't want me to,
你同意或许还能试试 如果你不喜欢
but maybe, together, and if you don't like it,
就算波士顿电台打算制♥作♥ 我也不答应
even if WGBH chooses to take it forward, I won't do it.
都由你决定
It'll be your call.
我为你骄傲
I'm awfully proud of you.
真的
Truly.
不过尽管这事听着挺有趣
But as merrymaking as it sounds,
我觉得最后会让你分心
I think it's ultimately going to end up a distraction
影响你和茜姆卡干的正经活
from the serious work you are doing with Simca.
你在改变美国人的饮食方式
You are changing the way Americans eat.
这是极为重要的事
That's God damn huge.
也许等你写完后
Maybe, when you finish --
如果我们能写完
If we finish.
你让我做你的搭档
You asked me to be your partner.
作为你的搭档 如果我不说实话
And as your partner, it would be shameful of me
那就太可惜了
not to tell you how I really feel.
所以我的真实想法就是 亲爱的
And how I really feel is this, darling --
我觉得这不是个好主意
I don't think it's a good idea.
谢谢 保罗
Thank you, Paul.
谢谢你对我说实话
Thank you for being honest with me.
他不认为这是个好主意吗
He didn't think it was a good idea?
不是
Apparently not.
你对他们提出的企划吗
The proposal you pitched to them?
你怎么不继续落井下石呢
Kick me while I'm down, why don't you?
你瞧 我现在左右为难
So, you see, I'm in rather a pickle.
保罗为难
A Paul pickle.
你总是保罗为难
It's always a Paul pickle.
还有多远
How much longer?
还有一英里
Well, it's another mile.
你从哪学来这种奇怪的习惯
Where'd you pick up this nasty habit?
上海
Shanghai.
而且他们下周就想拍摄试播集
They want to shoot a trial episode, next week, no less.
见鬼
Oh, shit.
我确实很想拍
And I do so want to do it.
解释不清
I can hardly explain it.
当我想用语言解释时 听上去索然无味
When I try to put it into words, it sounds rather banal,
我自己都觉得 但当我站在相机前
even to me, but there was something
有种说不清的感觉 让我觉得舒适
about being in front of a camera like that that just felt right.
就仿佛
剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表