剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表
通常我是被召唤的那个
I'm usually the one summoned.
那我是被召唤了吗
Have I been summoned?
不 我只是想谈谈
Oh, no. No, I just wanted to talk.
慰问一下 问问你感觉如何
To check in, see how you were feeling.
等我们开始做可丽饼后我会感觉好很多
Well, I'll feel better once we move onto crepes.
对 关于这点
Yes. About that.
我确实想谈谈未来的集数
The future episodes are what I wanted to talk about.
那我确实被召唤了
So, I have been summoned.
其实是这样 这档节目非常成功
Well, the fact of the matter is that the show is a huge success.
收视率每个月都在提高
Getting bigger by the month,
因此我们有了一笔很大的预算
and with that has come the saving grace of a real budget.
-有钱能使鬼推磨 -没错
- Money makes the world go 'round. - Indeed.
一直以来我们都是付出多 回报少
We've been doing so much with so little,
但现在我们发现能雇佣一位
but it turns out we can now afford to hire
制片助理了
a production assistant.
制片助理是什么
What's a production assistant?
制片助理的职责包括
Oh, uh, someone who can be responsible
买♥♥食物 备菜
for grocery shopping, um, food prep,
厨台后帮朱莉娅的隐形的手
an extra pair of hands behind the counter for Julia.
你是说雇人来做我吗
You mean you can hire someone to be me?
我可以雇人来减轻
I can -- I can hire someone to lessen the burden
多萝西和你的负担
on you and Dorothy.
你要开除我
You're firing me.
我没法开除你 你是个志愿者
I can't fire you. You're a volunteer.
请别误会我
Please don't get the wrong end of the stick.
制片助理只是帮助你
A production assistant would just free you up
做你不愿做的事情
to do the parts you like.
你不用遵守严格的日程表
You won't be tied to the rigorous schedule
为多集电视准备奔波
of a multi-episode TV show.
你可以凭喜好随意飞出
You can flit in and out as you'd like.
飞
Flit?
我还能飞
I can flit?
好冷 好冷
Cold, cold, cold.
开始做♥鸡♥尾酒了吗
Moved onto cocktails?
保罗想了一个绝妙的主意 在烤箱里放冰块
Paul had the brilliant idea of ice cubes in the oven
-为表皮制♥造♥更多水蒸气 -对
- to create more steam for the crust. - Yes.
但如果冰块不起作用 就反着来
But if the ice doesn't work, perhaps the reverse --
给面团提供足够的热量
conducting enough heat through an object --
你们试过在面团上涂水吗
Have you tried brushing water on it?
试了 这是我们最开始试的
Yes, that's where we started.
不行 我觉得冰块会蒸发的太快
No, I think the ice cubes will evaporate too quickly.
也许吧 但值得一试
Perhaps, but seems worth a try.
味道不错
Well, the flavor's good.
但口感完全不对
But the texture's all wrong.
我觉得表皮做对了 也不一定能做成面包
I'm not sure where crust ends and bread begins.
我们还在研究
We are in process.
你们的研究很有嚼劲
Well, your process is in a very chewy phase.
亲爱的 你能跟我去趟储藏室吗
Darling, might I see you in the pantry
我想问你酵母的问题
for a quick question about yeast?
这里太拥挤 不适合存放酵母
This is far too stuffy an environment to store yeast.
我不想谈酵母
I don't want to talk about yeast.
你给了我们这个任务
You charged us with an endeavor,
我们应该有足够时间来做好
and we deserve time to get it right.
我理解 但说到底书上印的
Yes, I understand that, but this is my name on it
依旧是我的名字
at the end of the day.
我说过我会来检查
I told you I'd be checking in.
你说如果需要你 你会过来
You told us you'd be available as needed.
我们暂时还不需要你
And we do not need you as of yet.
也许多给我们点信任吧
A little trust, maybe?
但你没把酵母放在这里 对吧
But you're not storing yeast in here, right?
-朱莉娅 -好吧
- Julia. - Yes, alright.
我这就走
I'm leaving.
她真的认为她能开除我们
She actually thinks she can fire us.
你和多萝西不是员工
As you and Dorothy are not employees,
这个似乎不太可能
that does seem rather difficult.
她也是这么说的
Yeah, that's what she said.
你为什么觉得她想开除你
Why do you think she wanted to fire you?
我不知道
I have no idea.
也许多萝西吧 她在我们需要拍摄的一周
Well, maybe Dorothy because she skipped town
突然抛离我们出城了
on a week when we were shooting.
或许开除她有道理
Well, she may have a point.
那你呢
And you?
也许因为我太不情愿处理牛杂
Maybe because I'm too squeamish to handle the sweetbreads.
意味着她要自己一个人准备所有食材
Which means that she has to do all the prepping herself,
再加上她的其他工作
in addition to everything else she does, which...
我猜应该非常忙碌
I imagine is probably a lot.
-她说得也没错 -对
- She may have a point. - Yep.
她说得也没错
She may have a point.
嚼嚼
Chew.
能让你冷静
It's calming.
也许我只是老不中用了
Maybe I'm just old and useless.
你不老
You're not old.
而且没人叫过你无用阿维斯·德维托
And no one has ever called Avis DeVoto useless.
我太蠢了 竟然还以为自己这么重要
Silly of me to think I was important enough
能成为一个问题
to become a problem.
我跟你说过我在战略情报局时的老板吗
Did I ever tell you about my boss in the OSS?
厄普先生非常坚信
Mr. Earp became utterly convinced
他可以让日本人投降
that he could induce the Japanese to surrender
利用他们所谓的对狐狸的恐惧
by playing on their supposed fear of foxes.
国♥务♥院♥还真允许他这么做
The State Department actually allowed him
给一千只可怜的狐狸沾上磷
to dip a thousand of the poor things in phosphorous
然后把狐狸放进水里
and then release them into the water
希望它们能游到对岸
in the hope that they'd swim to shore
把敌兵从营地里吓出来
and scare the soldiers out of their foxholes.
谁手边有一千只闲着的狐狸
Well, who the hell has a thousand foxes standing by?
那些小可怜都淹死在太平洋了
Well, the little beasts all drowned in the Pacific.
我们都知道这是个愚蠢的主意
We all knew it was a terrible idea.
但他是老板 所以我们照做
But he was in charge, and so we did it.
有多少男人制定了规则后 世界没有毁灭
How many men have set the rules and the world didn't fall apart?
男人拥有难以置信的自信
Men have unbelievable confidence
尤其是在做主观臆断的决策时
when it comes to making arbitrary decisions.
他们感觉只要是他们想做的
They feel totally justified by the mere fact
就有十足的理由去做
that it is their desire for it to be so.
我真羡慕这点
I envy that.
现在轮到我做决定了
Well, now I get to make the decisions.
而留下你 甚至不是个坏主意
And you're not even a terrible idea.
这个节目是制♥作♥法国料理
The show is about French cooking,
我觉得查尔德太太不会同意
so I don't believe Mrs. Child will be amenable
做费城芝士蛋糕
to a Philly cheesesteak episode,
但我会传达信息
but I will relay the message.
好 再见
Alright. Bye now.
朱莉娅
Julia.
有意思的对话吗
Interesting conversation?
姐妹电台来了好多要求
Lots of requests from our sister stations.
我在学习如果礼貌地拒绝
I am learning the art of the polite put-off.
你知道不能礼貌地拒绝谁吗
You know who can't be politely put off?
我亲爱的朋友阿维斯
My dear friend Avis.
我不知道她跟你说了什么 朱莉娅
I-I don't know what she told you, Julia,
但让节目专业化是很重要的一步
but professionalizing the show is an important step.
专业化听上去就像是
Professionalizing sounds an awful lot
想开除阿维斯和多萝西
like trying to replace Avis and Dorothy.
但如果这能让你的生活轻松
But if it makes your life easier --
这不是你能做的决定 爱丽丝
But that wasn't your decision to make, Alice.
说真的 我觉得你有点越界了
Honestly, I think it was overstepping on your part.
抱歉
Sorry.
亲爱的
Oh, dear.
不 这不是看上去的那样
No, this isn't what it looks like.
看起来你在强忍♥着不哭
Well, it looks like you're trying not to cry.
我不会哭的
No, I'm not going to cry.
我觉得有点太迟了
I think it might be too late.
剧集 | 朱莉娅(2022) | 导航列表