所以我打雷天从不出门
I never go out in a thunderstorm.
那你怎么会来佛罗里达呢 切斯特
And what brings you to Florida, Chester?
为了你们
You do.
为了你们戏班子
Well, your troupe, I mean.
听说你们后 我决心亲眼来看看
When I heard tell of it, I had to come see for myself.
你听说过我们的事
You've heard of us?
当然
Of course.
货真价实的畸形秀
A bona fide freak show?
我都不知道如今还有呢
Heck, I-I didn't think there were any left.
我看过其他一些穿插在
I mean, I'd seen some of the sideshows
大型演出中的附带节目
that travel with the larger outfits.
但大多只是些噱头罢了
But they're mostly hokum. Mm.
我追过几个戏团
I did bird-dog a couple of them.
我还参加过林林兄弟和巴纳姆贝利马戏团的选拔
I even auditioned for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey once.
但看来我还不够格
But I guess I didn't have what it takes.
-你有节目吗 -这个嘛...
- You have an act? - Well...
也不是什么厉害的招数
not much. I...
我也就会点小魔术
like to think I do a little magic.
我自以为能登台
Thought I'd be good for the stage,
但他们让我赶紧消失
but then they told me to disappear.
我觉得他太棒了
I think he's wonderful.
他长得很帅
He's very handsome.
也许他就是合适的人选
He could be the one.
谁有兴趣看看
So, who's interested?
希望战场上负的伤
Let's just hope that war wound
没有损害他的雄风
didn't break anything important.
我去监狱探望你
I went to the jail to visit you.
他们却让我来这里
They sent me here.
你又惹上了什么麻烦...
What kind of trouble did you...?
是警♥察♥做的吗
Did the cops do this?
他们休想逃脱制裁
They can't get away with butchering you!
是我把手买♥♥了
I sold them.
你能相信这样的交易吗
Can you believe that's a thing?
出♥卖♥♥♥自己的双手
Selling your hands?
理查德·斯宾瑟 好莱坞的那家伙
Richard Spencer, that Hollywood guy.
他会给我请律师 很好的律师
He's going to get me a lawyer, a good one,
但我需要钱支付律师费
but I needed cash for the retainer.
他跟我说有人愿意花重金买♥♥我的手
So he said there was a guy who'd pay good money for them.
你不该相信那家伙
You shouldn't have trusted that guy.
你认识他吗 我怎么不知道
I didn't even know you knew him.
他跟那些好莱坞混♥蛋♥一样
He's just one of those Hollywood types.
他答应我只砍一只手
He promised me he was only going to take one of them.
你觉得他为什么要砍掉我两只手
Why do you figure he took them both?
因为他是个谎话连篇的混♥蛋♥
Because he's a lying prick.
不 他不是
No, he's not!
我只能相信他
I got to believe he's not.
他是唯一一个来看我
He's the only person who came in
给了我一丝希望的人
showing me any kind of hope.
我以为我会死在那牢房♥里了
I was guaranteed to die in that cell
我只能赌一把 指望他能把我弄出去
or take a chance and bet my hands that he can get me out.
能喂我一下吗
Do you mind?
现在装假肢的技术已经很不错了
Some of them prosthetics they got nowadays-- pretty good.
我认识一个在瓜达康纳尔岛丢了双手的人
Uh... I knew this guy who lost both of his hands at Guadalcanal.
在阿斯伯里帕克市一个高档餐厅当厨子
He was a cook at a fancy place in Asbury Park.
他两只手都是钩子 他能...
He had these two hooks, and he could, uh,
剁菜 切菜 混菜
he could chop and dice and mix--
跟普通厨子没差别
all that normal cook shit.
知道这一切都结束后
Hey, you know what I was thinking about doing
我想干什么吗
after I get this all straightened out?
我想看看能不能把艾莎的剧团买♥♥下来
I'm gonna see if I can buy the show from Elsa.
她要走了 不是吗 或许能便宜点卖♥♥给我
She's leaving, right? So I figured she'd sell it to me for cheap--
肥水不流外人田嘛
keep it in the family and all that.
我和你一起
I'll go in on that with you.
特利多父子畸形秀
Toledo and Son Freak Show.
我一直不明白
Hey, you know what I don't get.
你为什么不是龙虾手
How come you don't got the lobster claws?
因为我是特利多家的异类
Because you are looking at the black sheep of the Toledo family.
我父亲和我两个兄弟都是
My dad and my two brothers, they had it.
著名的特利多龙虾手家族
The Famed Toledo Lobster Claw Clan.
可是 每次我给父亲端啤酒的时候
Meanwhile, I'd bring my father a beer
都特别紧张 以致双手颤抖
and I was so nervous, my hands would tremble
常常把酒杯摔碎 父亲就会说
and I'd drop it half the time, and he'd say,
白长了五个好指头 却连杯酒都端不好
"Five good fingers and you can't even hold on to a bottle of suds.
或许我该给你一个个咬掉
Maybe I should just bite 'em off one at a time."
想想吧
Imagine that--
因为正常 反倒成了怪物
being a freak for being normal.
我只看了一眼你的龙虾手
I took one look at those claws...
就忙不迭地逃了
I ran away from you as fast as I could.
现在我都快50岁了
I'm almost 50 years old,
才第一次给儿子喂饭
and I'm feeding my son for the first time.
马尔斯小姐
Miss Mars...
也许
perhaps you
你会对中国九连环感兴趣
would be interested in the Chinese Linking Rings.
三个密封的铁环
Three solid steel rings.
看吧
Watch.
却连在了一起
All three linked.
求你停下吧 停下
Please stop. Just stop.
我们是...
We are...
畸形秀 不是魔法秀
a freak show, not a magic show.
明白了吗
You understand?
我明白了 女士
I do understand, ma'am.
抱歉浪费了你的时间
I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
我从小就梦想着成为
I've just always dreamt of being a professional magician
专业魔术师
since I was a wee boy.
可是工作太难找了
You have no idea how tough it is to come by those jobs.
我只是个普通人
I'm mostly just an ordinary Joe.
不过我的玛乔莉就不一样了
Unless you count my Marjorie.
谁是玛乔莉
And who is Marjorie?
木偶啊
A dummy.
她不太喜欢那种称呼
She doesn't much care for that word.
玛乔莉
Now, uh... now, Marjorie, uh,
这可能是我们未来的老板
this is a potential employer,
所以一定要好好表现哦
so, uh, please try to make a good impression.
我向来表现好 你才是真正的傻瓜[木偶]
I always do. You're the real dummy.
你会搞糟的 就跟别的事一样
You'll screw this up like everything else.
看起来有人的起床气不小啊
Seems like someone's woken up on the wrong side of the bed.
我睡在板条箱里
Wrong side of the crate.
玛乔莉 那才不...
Marjorie, that's not...
她就会开玩笑
She's such a kidder.
其实她是我最好的朋友
She's actually my best friend.
如果没有她 我都不知道该怎么生活
I don't know what I'd do without her.
是啊
Yes, well...
你和你的小朋友很可爱 不过
you and your little friend are very charming, but, uh...
很可惜 现在我们没有空缺
it's a shame we don't have any openings at the moment.
听我说
Look, well, it...
是否可以让我
might it be possible for me
在表演开始前卖♥♥变色龙呢
to sell my chameleons before the shows?
我会把得到的利润分给你一半的
I-I insist on splitting the profit with you 50-50.
没有人会想买♥♥小蜥蜴
No one wants to buy baby lizards.
其实 不是这样的 女士
Well, ac-actually, that's not true, ma'am.
在梅肯的时候 我...
In, uh... in Macon I made...
一晚上就赚了15块 第二晚赚了20块
I-I made 15 bucks in one night and-and 20 bucks the next.
你看
Here.
好多数字啊
Hmm, so many numbers.
你算数很好吗
So you are good with math?
是的 女士
Yes, ma'am.
好极了
Fascinating.
这样吧
You know, uh,
或许你愿意
perhaps if you were willing
来帮我们记账
to help out with our bookkeeping...
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表