Mrs Saunders. Dark hair, blue eyes...
小贴士 地球人都知道 除了她丈夫
Mind you, everyone knows except her husband
她和利兹市的一个推销员私奔了
that she ran off with a salesman from Leeds.
马尔切特 啊 马尔切特上校
Melchett. Ah, Colonel Melchett.
我是哈珀警长
Superintendent Harper.
哈珀 我能为你做点什么?
Harper. What can I do for you?
不 是我能为您做点什么 上校
No, it's what I can do for you, Colonel.
我这有点消息 您也许会感兴趣
Got a little something you might be interested in.
列入失踪名单的年轻女人
Young lady reported missing
是的
Yes.
露比·凯因小姐
Miss Ruby Keene.
她在尊皇饭店当舞♥女♥还是什么的
She's a dance hostess or something at the Majestic Hotel.
昨晚没去上班
Didn't come on to do her turn last night
相貌描述?
Description ?
身高5'4'' 淡金色头发
5ft 4'', platinum blonde hair,
穿着一件黑白相间的镶钻裙子 银色凉鞋
wearing a black and white diamante dress and silver sandals
她的表亲也在那家饭店工作
Seems her cousin works at the hotel.
我该把她带过去确认尸体的身份吧?
I'll bring her over to identify the body shall I?
能来杯杜松子酒吗?
Any chance of a gin ?
老天 男人都是蠢猪
God, men are pigs.
你认为是个男人干的? 不是么?
You think a man did it? Well, wasn't it?
具体是哪个男人 特纳小姐?
Any particular man, Miss Turner?
不知道
No idea.
那么...她是你的表亲 对吧 特纳小姐?
So...she was your cousin, was she...Miss Turner?
没错 可怜的孩子
That's right. Poor kid.
我从小就认识她 关系一般 但...
I've known her all my life. Not particularly well, but...
她是个舞者 跳童话剧之类的
She was a dancer panto, that sort of thing.
她在丹莫斯做什么?
And what was she doing in Danemouth?
是因为我
It was because of me
我是尊皇饭店的舞♥女♥和桥牌小姐
I'm the dance and bridge hostess at the Majestic Hotel.
除了桥牌 我还和雷蒙德搭档表演舞蹈
Apart from the bridge, I do exhibition dances with Raymond.
雷蒙德?
Raymond?
雷蒙德·斯德 网球好手 舞蹈行家
Raymond Starr, the tennis and dancing pro.
很帅的男人 有阿根廷血统
Handsome chap. Got a bit of Argentinian in him.
总之 大约一个月前
Anyway, about a month ago,
某天游完泳 我不小心滑了一跤
I slipped on the rocks after having a swim.
扭伤了脚踝
Gave my ankle a nasty turn.
我一段时间没法跳舞
That put a stop to the dancing and
但我不想被炒鱿鱼
as I didn't want to risk losing my job,
我建议经理雇佣露比
I suggested to the manager that we get Ruby down.
她在布里克斯顿跳过凡尔赛舞
She'd been working at the Palais de Dance in Brixton.
我继续做桥牌小姐
The idea was that I'd carry on with the hostessing
她只负责跳舞
and she'd just do the dancing.
反正她是自己人
Keep it in the family.
她干得不错 是吗? 哦 当然
Go down well, did she? Oh, yes.
跳得没我好 但她...
She doesn't dance as good as me, but she's...
她的长相很出众
she was quite nicelooking.
妆化得有点浓 对此我经常批评她
Overdid the makeup a bit. I was always on at her about that.
跟尊皇这种高档的饭店格格不入
Doesn't do for a classy place like the Majestic
但你知道现在的女孩子
but you know what girls are.
她才18岁
She was only 18.
你还好吧 特纳小姐?
Are you all right, Miss Turner?
你最后一次见到她是什么时候?
When was the last time you saw her?
昨晚 她和雷蒙德跳舞的时候
Last night, when she was dancing with Raymond.
她和雷蒙德在10点半表演完一曲快步舞
She'd finished her 10.30 quickstep exhibition with Raymond
之后我看到她和乔治·巴特利共舞
and then I noticed her dancing with George Bartlett.
住在饭店里的一个年轻人
One of the young men staying in the hotel.
不叫牌
No bid.
无王牌
One notrump.
抱歉
Sorry.
那是我最后一次见到她
That's the last time I saw her.
然后刚过零时 雷蒙德过来找我
Then, just after midnight, Raymond came over to talk to me.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
她到底跑哪去了?
Where the hell is she?
谁? 露比
Who? Ruby.
我们该跳下一曲了
We're supposed to be on by now.
肯定有什么蠢理由
I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation.
抱歉 我离席一下
Would you excuse me?
我很生气
I was vexed.
经理肯定会因为这事找茬的
It's just the sort of thing to get the management's back up.
露比?
Ruby?
露比!
Ruby!
我们到她的房♥间找她 可她不在
We went up to her room, but she wasn't there.
我注意到她换了衣服
I noticed she'd changed
平时她一晚只穿一件
and usually she kept the same dress on,
除非他们跳什么特别舞步
unless they were doing a special number.
特别舞步?
Special number?
像是伦巴舞或查尔斯顿舞之类的
Well, a rumba or a charleston or something.
总之我不知道她去了哪
Anyway, I had no idea where she'd got to
所以我说我来跟他跳
so I said I'd do it with him.
我们放弃跳弗拉曼柯舞 改跳探戈
We dropped the flamenco and plumped for a tango.
脚踝不会太难受
It's not so hard on the ankle, you see.
诸位 看看这个
Mind you, look at it now.
想想 如果我没扭伤
Just think, if I hadn't twisted the ruddy thing
她现在肯定还活着
she'd be here now.
造化弄人 不是么? 世事难料啊
Funny, isn't it, how things turn out?
反正我们熬到凌晨2点
Anyway, we stayed up till about two.
还是没她的消息 我就抓狂了
There was still no sign of her. I was furious.
早上呢?
And in the morning?
于是早上你们到警局报案
So, then you went to the police.
哦 不 不是我
Oh, no. No, I didn't.
一位杰弗森先生报的案 先生
A Mr Jefferson reported it, sir.
他是饭店的一位客人
He's a guest at the hotel.
为什么会这样 特纳小姐?
Why was that, Miss Turner?
因为我没想到她会发生意外
Because I didn't think anything had happened to her.
我以为她无非是和男人鬼混去了
I thought she'd be up to no good with some young man.
尊皇饭店可不希望
The Majestic doesn't want
惊动警♥察♥
the police poking their noses everywhere.
的确
Quite.
特纳小姐 露比认识住在圣玛丽米德的人么?
Tell me, Miss Turner, did Ruby know anyone in St Mary Mead?
也许吧
She may have done.
很多各地的年轻小伙到丹莫斯来
Lots of young men come into Danemouth from all over.
比如 拜左·布雷克?
Basil Blake, for example?
布雷克 我的确听她提起过这个名字
Blake. Yes I think I did hear her mention that name.
是的 我绝对听过
Yes, I'm sure I did.
她有没有提过格丁顿?
And did she mention Gossington ?
他的教名是什么?
What was his first name?
不 这不是人名 是所房♥子 格丁顿邸宅
No. It's not a person, it's a house. Gossington Hall.
不 我没听到她提起过
No, I never heard her mention that.
是这样的 尸体是在那里发现的
The thing is, you see, that's where the body was found.
真是...想不到
Well...there's a turn up.
就像亚瑟跟这件事有什么关系似的
As if Arthur could have anything to do with it.
别这么盯着我
And don't look at me like that.
他不是那种男人
He's just not that sort of man.
当然 亲爱的 他当然不是 真的 他不是
No, dear, of course not. No, really, he isn't.
他有时候会被美色所迷 但有何不可?
He's sometimes a little silly about pretty girls, but why not
毕竟 我有花♥园♥就够了
After all, I've got the garden.
她躺在壁炉边的毡垫上
She was there on the hearth rug.
我不明白 真的
I can't understand it. I really can't.
我们也是 不该是这种地方
Neither can we. It's just not the sort of place.
正因为这样才有趣 又来了
That's why it's so very interesting. Here we go.
让我想起了小托米·提普森
It brings to mind little Tommy Timpson
和我们的新老师马蒂小姐
and Miss Martin, our new schoolmistress.
她打开抽屉 结果一只青蛙跳了出来
She opened a drawer and a frog jumped out.
她还好吧? 好得不能再好了
Is she all right? She's absolutely marvellous.
哦 亚瑟...
Oh, Arthur...
亲爱的 你回来了 那些猪怎么样?
Darling, you're back. How are the pigs?
他发现猪能安慰处在危机中的人 是吧 亲爱的?
He finds them soothing in a crisis. Don't you, darling?
唔
Mm.
班特瑞 老伙计
Bantry, old man
这位是死者的表亲
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表