there was no sign of her, so I asked Josie.
她到底跑哪去了?
Where the hell is she?
谁? 露比 我们该跳下一曲了
Who? Ruby. We should be on by now.
肯定有什么蠢理由
I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation.
抱歉 我离席一下
Excuse me.
该死的小傻蛋! 她和谁在一起? 不知道
Damn little fool! Who's she with? Haven't a clue.
我最后看到她时
Last time I saw her
她正和那个口吃的家伙跳舞呢
she was dancing with that chap who stutters.
她看不上他
She won't go off with him.
我打赌她和那个拍电影的在一起
I bet she's with that film bloke.
拍电影的? 是的 我不知道他叫什么
Film bloke? Yes, I don't know his name.
长发 很夸张的那型
Longhaired theatrical type.
他在饭店用晚餐 还和露比跳舞
He's dined at the hotel and danced with Ruby.
但我觉得她不认识他
But I don't think she knew him
所以乔瑟提到他 我感到很惊讶
so I was surprised when Josie mentioned him.
露比?
Ruby?
露比!
Ruby!
看来她换上那件黑白相间的旧裙子了
It looks like she's put on her old blackandwhite dress.
她应该穿跳西班牙舞的那件
She should be in her Spanish number.
看来得我和你跳了
I suppose l'll have to do it with you.
看我不好好收拾她...
When I get my hands on her...
我这就去换衣服 好么?
I'll just go and change, all right?
她就去换装了
So she did
不会太久
Won't be a minute.
之后我们跳了探戈
Then we danced the tango
尽管脚踝受伤 她还是表现得很好
She managed pretty well despite her ankle
差不多就是这样
And that's about it.
哦 还有件事 斯德先生
Oh, just one more thing, Mr Starr.
和露比跳完第一支舞后一直到午夜前
What did you do between your first dance
你都在做什么?
with Ruby and midnight?
我不记得了 你当然记得 斯德先生
I can't remember. I'm sure you can, Mr Starr.
如果你能仔细想想
If you put your mind to it.
和女士们跳跳舞 聊聊天之类的
A little dance and a chat with the ladies, you know, the sort of thing.
之后我就去换装了 花了多久?
Then I went to change. And how long did that take?
不知道 10分钟左右
I don't know. Ten minutes or so.
问完了吗 警长?
Will that be all, superintendent?
暂时
For now.
我为亚瑟感到难过
It's Arthur I feel sorry for.
把自己孤立起来 可怜的人
Shut himself away, poor man
希望没人注意到他
in the hope that no one will notice him.
他为人相当敏感 像大多数军人一样
He's quite abnormally sensitive, like most military men.
我从没这么想过
I never thought of it like that.
总有人窃窃私语 要么轻蔑他 要么冷落他
Yeah. It's all this whispering business. A slight here, a snub there.
为了他和多莉 我们必须找出真♥相♥
For both his and Dolly's sake, we must find out the truth.
非常赞同
Couldn't agree with you more.
这正是我想做的
That's exactly what I intend to do.
马普尔小姐 谢谢你请喝茶
Well, thank you, Miss Marple, for the tea.
不用客气 上校 祝你好运
A pleasure, Colonel. I wish you the best of luck.
大多情况下 人总会轻易发现自己
One of those cases when one could so easily find oneself
认错了目标
barking up the wrong tree.
这目标是指?
What tree might that be?
譬如说人们也许会自问
For example one might be asking oneself
她若是遇害后被运到班特瑞上校的家是为什么
why she was either killed here and taken to Colonel Bantry's
若是被带到那儿之后再遭杀害 又是为什么
or why she was taken there first and then killed.
的确 但...
Yes, but...
但这问题提得就不对 不是吗?
But that would be the wrong question, wouldn't it?
真的? 哦 当然
Would it? Oh, yes.
为什么啊 马普尔小姐?
Why is that, Miss Marple?
因为不是这回事
Because it never happened.
你是说某个男人把她勒死 放进车里
You mean that some fellow strangled her, put her in the car
之后决定把她丢在路过的第一所房♥子里?
and then decided to dump her in the first house he came to?
我并不这么认为
I don't think anything of the kind.
我认为这是个精心设计的计划
What I think is that a very careful plan was made
但计划却出了岔子
and that the plan went wrong.
但希望你别被我的想法局限住
But please don't let me keep you.
先生
Sir.
马普尔小姐
Miss Marple.
喝酒就得一口干完
Straight down. The only way.
这个叫露比·凯因的女孩到底怎么样?
Tell me what was this Ruby Keene girl really like?
普通的以美色骗钱的女人
Common or garden golddigger.
你不采取什么行动吗?
Couldn't you have done something about it?
马克觉得我早该看出来
Mark thinks I should have seen what was coming.
经常丢下老头子一个人
Left the old boy alone too much.
还跟雷蒙德·斯德学网球
Tennis lessons with Raymond Starr.
杰弗是很冷静的人
Jeff's always been so levelheaded.
我发现绅士
Gentlemen, I find,
并不总是我们想象的那般冷静
are not always as levelheaded as one might think.
她是不是很厉害?
Isn't she marvellous?
信不信由你
Believe it or not
简对人性的罪恶可颇有了解
Jane has a mind that's plumbed the depths of human iniquity
我们进去吧?
Shall we go in ?
天知道他看上她哪点 荡♥妇♥一个
God knows what he saw in her. Little trollop.
别这么说 有什么关系?
You mustn't say such things. What does it matter?
我是说 如果有谁乐得听到她的死讯...
I mean, if anyone had any interest in seeing her dead...
你真不该这么说 5万啊那可是
You really mustn't. 50 grand.
我可不想要那么多钱 我会非常不安的
What I couldn't do with that. I'd have made a dreadful fuss
如果你不是他的骨血会比较难熬
It's difficult when you're not actually his flesh and blood.
如果不是那种女孩就好了
If only it had been some other kind of girl.
是彼得更好 是的 杰弗看起来很喜欢他
Or Peter. Yes. Jeff's always seemed so fond of him.
都是乔瑟的错 她带她来的
It was Josie's fault. She brought her here.
我以为你喜欢乔瑟 没错
I thought you liked Josie. I do.
是你总挑她的刺
It's you that finds her a pill.
你肯定觉得她不是故意的
Well, surely you don't think that it was deliberate.
我不是说是她计划这么做
I'm not saying she actually planned it.
但我相信她知道些风声
But I'm sure she knew which way the wind was blowing
而且守口如瓶
and kept very quiet.
她漂亮吗?
Was she pretty?
我以为你见过她 哦 是的 见过
I thought you'd seen her. Oh, yes, we did.
但她是被勒死的 所以看不出
But she'd been strangled, so one couldn't tell.
不 她不漂亮
No, she wasn't pretty.
眼睛却很漂亮
Nice eyes
她伪装得有点像我妻子
She had a kind of spurious resemblance to my wife.
没错 也许正是这点吸引了杰弗
Yes. Perhaps that's what attracted Jeff.
祸不单行 不是吗? 重创了他
Terrible business, isn't it? Hit him very hard.
更糟的是
The awful thing is
艾德和我反而觉得宽慰
that Addy and I can't help but feel relieved.
打搅一下 夫人 先生 杰弗森先生想见你们
Excuse me. Madam, sir, Mr Jefferson would like to see you.
好的 一会儿见
Righto. See you later.
女士们
Ladies.
你怎么认为?
Well, what do you think?
她很为自己的孩子着想
That she's a very devoted mother.
晚安
Good evening.
马克呢?
And Mark?
盖斯凯尔先生是个万人迷
Mr Gaskell's a most attractive man.
很多飞行员都是
So many of those pilots were.
但...不太明智 管不住自己的嘴
But...a little unwise, perhaps, to talk as much as he does.
还有另一个万人迷
There's another very attractive man.
阿德莱德告诉我他教会她挑高球了
Adelaide tells me he's done wonders for her lob.
彼得!
Peter!
哦 哈罗 班特瑞夫人 你不是该睡了吗?
Oh, hello, Mrs Bantry. Shouldn't you be in bed?
本来是 但乔瑟说她也许
Well, sort of, but Josie said she might
可以帮我从厨房♥拿一份大餐
be able to get me a treat from the kitchen.
大餐 哦
A treat. Ooh.
你真是个幸运的孩子 那当然
You are a lucky boy. I am rather.
你还好吗? 二位在享受夏末风情?
How do you do? Enjoying the last of summer?
实际上 我们是来查案子的
Actually, we're here to do a bit of sleuthing.
哦 这样啊 我想事情一上报
Oh, I see. I expect everyone will be at it
大家都会来探个究竟
once it's in the papers.
饭店经理不希望我谈论这个
The hotel manager asked me not to talk about it.
得回答很多疑问 我根本不知道该怎么说
Questions are about to be asked and I won't know what to say.
我不明白为什么大家都怪我
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表