Oh, yes. Wasn't I sick?
艾尔斯巴罗小姐
Miss Eyelesbarrow.
失陪了
Excuse me.
谢谢你 昆珀医生
Thank you Dr. Quimper.
医生
Doctor
我在研究你的名字
I'm delving for your name.
肯定和盎格鲁撒克逊有关系
It has a definite Anglo-Saxon something about it.
在《历代记》里面没找到
It's not in the Chronicles.
我在想是不是在《撒克逊英雄传》里看过
I wondered if I'd seen it in Ivanhoe.
不过《痕迹》里面不是有个艾斯波罗吗
Isn't there an Aynseborrow, though, in Hereward The Wake?
你记起来的会不会是《痕迹》呢
Perhaps you're thinking of that. Hereward The Wake?
查理·金斯莱写的
Charles Kingsley.
对 我知道
Yes, I know.
我会翻出来那本书看一看的
I'll dust off my copy and have a look.
爱玛把事情都交代好了吗
Has Emma explained everything?
我俩雇了个本地女孩帮忙打理
We two manage with a local girl
她平时都会过来
who comes in most weekdays,
所以你不会一个人忙活的
so you won't quite be on your own.
现在她一周只来两次了
She's twice a week now.
为什么 又是钱的问题?
Why is that? Money again?
算了
Never mind.
阿佛列来了 我下去吧
There's Alfred. I'll go down.
阿佛列是我最大的儿子
Alfred's my eldest son.
圣诞节又来蹭吃蹭喝了
Sponging a buckshee Christmas again.
还有谁在来吗
Who else will be here?
只有布莱恩跟孩子们以及阿佛列
Just Bryan and the boys and Alfred.
真遗憾你没能见到塞缀克
It's a pity you won't get to meet Cedric.
他明天就又得搭飞机走了
He has to fly off again tomorrow.
他是他们中唯一的自♥由♥的人
He's the only free spirit among them.
他在西班牙画画
He paints in Spain.
在伊维萨岛
Well, Ibiza.
如果我再年轻点的话
If I were younger...
噢 还有阿佛列的女朋友杰奎琳
Oh, and Alfred's with Jacqueline, his girl.
你看看吧 艾尔斯巴罗小姐
Observe, if you will, Miss Eyelesbarrow,
轻薄艳俗的杰奎琳·布里格斯
the sheer tawdriness of Jacqueline Briggs.
没有人和他一起啊
There's no-one with him.
他一定是甩了她了
He must have ditched her.
杰奎琳在哪呢
Where's Jacqueline?
艾尔斯巴罗小姐?
Miss Eyelesbarrow?
今晚和我们一起用餐吧
Dine with us tonight.
我要在厨房♥里工作 克拉肯索普先生
I'll be in the kitchen Mr. Crackenthorpe
就当是为了我呢?
For me?
- 就在上面这里 - 好的
- Just up here. - Yes.
小心你的头 噢 你看吧
Just mind your head there. Oh. See what I mean?
噢 这里真是漂亮又别致 汤姆
Oh, this is perfectly charming, Tom. And so kind.
我正想着要改变一下乡村生活
I just had a fancy for a change from village life.
在布瑞汉顿这里吗
In Brackhampton?
这有一个罗马墙 对吧
There's a Roman wall, isn't there?
在市游泳池后面 大概有三英尺吧
About three feet of it behind the municipal swimming pool.
还有一个有趣的教堂
And an interesting church.
也不是那么有趣
It's not that interesting.
我记得 东墙有扇诺曼风格的窗饰
There's a Norman window in the east wall, I suppose.
我有一本圣马修的旅游指南
I've got a guide book of St. Matthews
如果你真想去看一看的话
if you really want to have a look at...
- 别担心 - 没关系
- Not to worry. - Never mind.
那是我上班的便车
There's my lift to work.
- 实际上 我们还挺忙的 - 是吗
- We're quite busy, actually. - Are you?
你会留很久吗
Will you be staying long?
我也不确定 你圣诞节有安排了吗
I did wonder, have you made plans for Christmas?
没有
No.
要知道 我很荣幸
Do you know, I'd be delighted
马尔普小姐 真的很荣幸
Miss Marple, absolutely delighted.
- 你好 - 伊斯特利先生
- Hello. - Mr Eastley.
孩子们想问你会不会做蜜糖海绵布丁
The boys want to know if you make treacle sponge pudding.
告诉他们 这正是我拿手的
You can tell them I'm famous for it.
我能帮上忙吗
Can I be useful?
我不知道 你说呢
I don't know. Can you?
来削胡萝卜吧
Scrape the carrots.
克拉肯索普先生怎么了
What is wrong with Mr Crackenthorpe?
主要是悲伤
Well, grief mostly.
还有绝望 他的长子 妻子
Despair, his eldest son, his wife.
和女儿的逝世
His daughter.
克拉肯索普小姐说了你妻子的事 我很遗憾
Miss Crackenthorpe told me about your wife. I'm sorry.
当然
Sure.
长子叫爱德蒙吧 他出什么事了
What happened to...Edmund, was it?
在大西洋失事的潜艇中去世了
U-boat in the Atlantic.
就在艾格妮丝去世后不久
Just after Luther lost Agnes.
上周是她的十周年忌日
Ten years ago last week she died.
- 上周吗 - 12月4日
- Last week? - December 4th.
周二吗
Tuesday.
是的
Yes.
那一天 我们总会聚在一起悼念她
We always gather to remember her.
- 让我来倒吧 - 不 别倒
- Why don't I take this to the trash? - No, no. no.
勤俭节约 吃穿不缺
Waste not, want not.
那只是用来做圣诞大餐的
That's the one for Christmas dinner.
里面填塞上梅干和板栗
With prune and chestnut stuffing.
那才是我真正拿手的
Now, that I am famous for.
这是古英语 意思大概是"多么美味的晚餐"
Anglo-Saxon for, "What an excellent dinner."More or less.
- 甘蓝是布莱恩做的 - 可不是嘛
- Bryan did the sprouts. - I bet he did.
你亲爱的杰奎琳不在 我们该拿馅饼怎么办呢
What will we do for tart without your precious Jacqueline?
馅饼有"婊♥子♥"之意
爸爸 拜托 别叫艾尔斯巴罗小姐尴尬了
Dad, please. Don't embarrass Miss Eyelesbarrow.
杰奎和我
Jackie and I...
我也不知道她在哪 而且我也不在乎
I don't even know where she is and I care even less.
- 高兴了吧 - 我十年来都没有高兴过
- Happy? - I haven't been happy for ten years.
- 别又来这套 - 我就是要说
- Change the record. - I'll play it as often as I want.
为什么在爱德蒙之后出生的
Why couldn't we have had Cedric
不是塞缀克而是你呢?
after Edmund instead of you?
就算是哈乐德也勉强比你好点
Even Harold would have been better by a whisker.
等我走了 这里都会变成怎样啊
What will happen to this place when I fall off the twig?
- 别这么消极 - 消极?
- Don't be so morbid. - Morbid?
我的陵墓位置都已经准备好了
With my space already booked out there in that mausoleum?
听过爱玛说你生活过得很精彩啊
Quite an exciting life you lead, Emma says.
有时候还不错吧
It has its moments.
但肯定不如战斗飞行员
I doubt it compares with being a fighter pilot.
感觉是很久之前的事了
That seems a long way back.
现在我的操作台也只有保险公♥司♥的办公桌了
I fly a desk now for an insurance outfit.
闷已经无法形容这一切了
Dull isn't the word.
对你来说 来这里工作真是屈才了
This must be a bit of a come-down for you.
这里很适合我 我有个阿姨住在布瑞汉顿
It suits me very well. I've an aunt in Brackhampton.
一个可爱的老太
A sweet old thing.
这样我就可以偶尔去看她了 如果有空的话
I thought I'd see her occasionally, if I have time.
我去拿苹果馅饼 噢 还有奶酪
I'll fetch the apple tart. Oh, and there's cheese.
我可以给我阿姨打个电♥话♥吗
And may I call my aunt?
当然
Of course.
四号♥那天 这家人都在这里
The family were here on the 4th.
也就是谋杀当日
The day of the murder
熟悉这里环境的人
Where would someone with knowledge
会把尸体藏在哪儿呢?
of the estate conceal a body?
还有阿佛列失踪的女友杰奎琳·布里斯在哪呢
Where is Alfred's missing girlfriend Jacqueline Briggs?
这是你要关注的重点
That's what you must concentrate on.
都在下一章里面揭晓 哈特内尔小姐
It's in the next chapter, Miss Hartnell,
但我不会给你剧透的
but I won't spoil it for you
看到最后 会有一个精彩的转折
Wait until the end. There's a very ingenious twist.
再见
Bye-bye
晚安
Good night.
这里如此没落真是可惜
It's a shame it's so run-down.
我猜是因为战争和糖果定量分配的关系
I suppose with the war and sweets still on ration
跟克拉肯索普糖果店无关
Crackenthorpe Confectionary doesn't figure.
老马库斯把它卖♥♥了
Old Marcus sold it off.
卢瑟继承了这里
Luther inherited this,
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表