剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
Yeah, me first.
嗯 我先说
I got a little something for you two.
我有点东西要给你们俩
Oh, my God!
我的天啊
There's only 20 in there, the rest are at your office.
那里面只有20张 剩下的在你们的办公室
I hope I got your titles right.
我希望我把你们的职位写对了
Publisher. Editor.
发行人 编辑
It's so heavy. I-is this gold?
这好沉啊 我 这是金的吗?
Yeah.
是啊
I know it's silly.
我知道这有点蠢
Nobody uses business cards anymore,
现在没人用名片了
but publishing is so uncertain.
但是出版行业很不稳定
It's good to have something you can take with you
有点你能随身带走的东西还是好的
if you have to, you know, leave suddenly.
如果你不得不 你懂的 突然离开
Poor Charles.
可怜的查尔斯
Anyway, uh, Liza said that you had something
不管怎么说 莉萨说你有话
you wanted to talk to me about, Kelsey?
想跟我说凯尔西?
I am all ears.
我洗耳恭听
Yeah, well,
是的 呃
we were talking and we think that we should
我们俩聊了一下然后我们觉得
hold "CLAW" For the spring.
我们不应该在春季发行《利爪》
There's just a little bit of work that can be done
这本书只是语言上还
on the tone of the book. Yeah.
需要点润色 是啊
In today's climate, you know,
现在这种形势下 你知道的
it can skew a little anti-woman.
它可能有点歧视女性
Yeah, I like that. It's controversial.
是啊 我喜欢那样啊 它是有争议的
I'm the writer, you're the publisher.
我是作者 你是发行人
Let's just both do our jobs.
我们还是做好我们的本职工作吧
And I'm your editor.
而我是你的编辑
So I have to say,
所以我不得不说
it's a give-and-take collaboration.
这是个互让的合作
If a writer doesn't wanna take notes,
如果作者不想接受任何意见
then they might as well self-publish.
那他们还不如自己去发行
Yeah, I think I'm kind of doing that.
对啊 我想我正是这么做的
Do you remember when I saved your company
你还记得我救了你的公♥司♥
and then I made you publisher?
还让你做了发行人吗?
I cheered you on.
我为你打气了
Now it's your turn to cheer me.
现在该你为我打气了
And I really am grateful for that, Quinn, um...
我真的特别感激 奎恩 嗯…
it just... it doesn't really work like that.
只是… 这行不通的
What's happening?
这是怎么了?
State cheerleading champs, 1998.
州啦啦队冠军 1998年
My first big win.
我的第一个大胜利
I do think you tried to cut this from the book.
我知道你想把这段从书中删掉
Uh, yeah, there was... there was a lot of high school stuff
呃 是的 书里有…书里有很多
in there, Quinn.
高中的事 奎恩
Guess who wrote a masterpiece.
猜谁写了本巨作
You repeat after me, that's how a chant works, right?
你们跟我重复 对歌♥就是这样的不是吗?
Guess who wrote a masterpiece.
猜谁写了本巨作
Guess who wrote a masterpiece. Take it, Big K!
猜谁写了本巨作 来吧 大凯!
Big K.
大凯
Guess who wrote a masterpiece.
猜谁写了本巨作
It will be our first release!
这会是我们的首作
It will be our first release.
这会是我们的首作
It will be our first release.
这会是我们的首作
Right, but now like you're not terrified.
很好 但现在别像你吓坏了似的
It will be our first release!
这会是我们的首作
Guess who wrote a masterpiece!
猜谁写了本巨作
It will be our first release!
这会是我们的首作
Yeah! Isn't this fun?
很好 这是不是超好玩?
Yeah! So fun.
是啊! 超好玩
Are you crying?
你在哭吗?
What the hell was that?
刚刚是什么鬼东西?
Chapter three of "CLAW."
《利爪》第三章
Charm and Disarm.
魅力与缴械
It's not about what she did.
这不是她做了什么
It's about what I didn't do.
而是我没做什么
If I can't stand up to Quinn,
如果我不能大胆对抗奎恩
how the hell am I supposed to do this job?
我还怎么做我的工作?
I'm just a name on a card.
我只是卡片上的一个名字罢了
No, Kelsey, you're not. Oh, my God.
不 凯尔西 你不是 我的天啊
I'm screwed. Face it, Liza,
我死定了 面对它吧 莉萨
we're both screwed.
我们都死定了
I'm a genius.
我是个天才
Absolutely. Why?
那肯定的 为什么?
I mean, uh, what's that?
我是说 这是啥?
It's the book we publish first,
这是我们出版的第一本书
before "CLAW."
抢在《利爪》前
But it's a screenplay.
但是这是个剧本
It's the movie that Reese Witherspoon's company
是瑞希·威瑟斯彭的公♥司♥正在
is producing.
出品的电影
I had breakfast with her development exec,
我和她的发行部长吃过早饭
and I convinced her that it would be a great novel,
并且我说服她这书绝对会叫座
which it would.
毋庸置疑
It's sexy
它很性感
and it's millennial
是新一代
and it's set in the fashion world.
并且是以时尚界为背景
It's perfect. And if we publish it now,
堪称完美 如果我们现在出版
before the movie comes out,
在电影上映之前发行
Reese is gonna be promoting the hell out of it.
瑞茜一定会疯狂安利它的
Reverse-engineer a novel from a screenplay.
根据一个剧本逆写出一本书
Yes. But that takes time.
是的 但这需要时间
We need a writer. We have one.
我们得有个作家 我们有啊
The screenwriter.
现成的编剧
She's already written a sample chapter
她已经写了一个样章
and it's great.
非常好
We can have this thing out in a month.
我们一个月就能做完
And how can Quinn say no?
奎恩怎么会拒绝呢?
She loves Reese. Everybody loves Reese.
她喜瑞茜 所有人都喜欢瑞茜
I can bump Quinn's book, look like a hero,
我可以正大光明的换掉奎恩的书
and keep my job.
也保住我的工作
She wouldn't fire you for making a hard decision, Kelsey.
她不会因为做一个艰难的决定就解雇你的 凯尔西
Well, now we never have to find out.
现在我们也不需要知道了
What are you waiting for?
你还在磨蹭什么呢?
Read. Read, read, read. Before tonight.
读 读 快读 今晚前读完
Okay.
好吧
Wow.
哇哦
Waiting for a drink like the rest of us?
像我们一样在等饮品吗?
Don't you host committee members
你们委员会成员难道不是
have a private room somewhere?
有自己的贵宾单间吗?
I didn't even know I was co-hosting this event.
我都不知道我居然是这次活动承办人之一
Everybody on that list
那张名单上的人
has been in publishing forever.
好像都在那呆了一辈子了
I do not belong here.
我不属于这里
You're standing in front of a bar.
你正站在吧台前
You never belonged anywhere more in your life.
没有比这更适合你的地方了
Here, have mine.
来吧 喝我这杯
Wow, tough day.
哇 今天不容易啊
Tough week.
这周都不容易
But a good day.
但今天还不错
I had a little breakthrough at work.
我的工作终于能松一口气
And it's nice to see a friendly face.
而且能看见一张友善的脸还算不错
Actually, that's what I want to talk to you about.
其实 这就是我想跟你谈的事情
I don't wanna be friends with you anymore.
我不能再和你做朋友了
It's, uh, too difficult.
对我来说 太难了
Because I have a job and you're not working?
因为我有工作而你在待业吗?
That is so...
这也...
Not... friends.
不做...朋友
You mean...
你是说...
I mean...
我是说...
Oh, my God, you got a job.
哦 我天啊 你找到工作了
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表