剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
I worked at random house for three years.
我在兰登书屋工作了三年
I started as an assistant to a marketing VP,
刚开始只是营销副总裁助理
and then I worked my way up to junior editor.
然后 一步一步地成为了初级编辑
Wow. Impressive.
哇 很棒
At the time, I was one of the youngest people ever
并且 我是第一位这么年轻
to make editor.
就当上编辑的人
I was 25.
那时 我只有25岁
I'm 25.
我现在25
Don't worry. You don't look a day over 7.
不要担心 你看起来不超过七岁
And then for the past...
那么过去...
What, 15 years, nothing?
什么 过去15年里竟然是空白的?
I quit to raise my child, Caitlin,
我放弃了我的工作 照顾我的孩子凯特琳
who's now spending her senior year
她现在正在上高中
in an exchange program in India.
是一名印美之间的交换生
Look, I know I've been out of play for a while,
嗯 我知道我已经退出这个行业很长一段时间了
but I am a much smarter, more capable person today
但是 比起15年前
than I was 15 years ago.
现在我更加地聪明 更加地有能力
Hmm, I'm sure.
嗯 这个我知道
I'm ready to throw myself back into work 24-7.
我已经做好准备 全天工作
I'm ready to pick up where I left off.
准备好在退出的地方在重新开始
Well, it has been quite a long hiatus, Liza.
嗯 但时间真的过了太久了 莉萨
Things have changed.
很多事情都改变了
Facebook, Twitter, iPhones.
脸书 推特 苹果手♥机♥
IPads, ebooks, YouTube.
平板电脑 电子书 视频网站
Instagram, Snapchat, Skype.
图片共享 网络电♥话♥
Pinterest. Bang with Friends.
拼趣 跟朋友上♥床♥
Seriously? You Bang with Friends?
真的吗? 你与朋友上♥床♥?
It's way better than Tinder.
比火种软件好
Alice met a guy on Tinder last week
爱丽丝上周在火种上碰见一个男孩
who showed her a boob shot
他给她看了一张
of a girl his roommate hooked up with,
他迷恋的室友的露点照
and it was her very own boob.
那是她自己的胸照
Shut up. And she could recognize it?
等等 她认出来了?
Clear as a fingerprint.
当然 就像我们的指纹一样
Hello
喂!
Hey. Sorry.
嘿 对不起
Look, I'm not expecting to come back where I left off.
我并不期望我能做以前的职位
I'll start anywhere.
我可以从任何职位开始做起
I'll read.
我会不断学习
I'm a terrific reader.
我是一个很赞的读者
I'll start as an assistant.
我会从一位助理开始做起
Oh, that would be weird.
噢 很不可思议
I mean, assistants are generally right out of college.
我的意思是 助理往往是刚刚毕业的大学生做的
You're way too o...
你太...
Overqualified.
大材小用了
No, I think she was gonna say...
不 我觉得她是想说
Orange.
橙色
I'm way too orange?
我太橙色了?
Industry term.
一个工业术语
Please don't put words in my mouth, Liza.
请不要把那些话强加在我身上 莉萨
Damn.
麻蛋
They've lived here for 12 years,
他们在这里住了12年
but then Dave had left Liza for Debbie,
但是 戴夫为了黛比离开了莉萨
a Blackjack dealer he was shtupping in Atlantic City.
黛比是一个赌场发牌手 在大西洋城他俩睡了
The good news is he left Liza the house.
好消息是 他把房♥子留给了莉萨
The bad news is, of course,that he took out four mortgages
坏消息是 他用四个抵押贷款来圆他的赌博
that she never knew about to support his gambling habit.
莉萨却从来都不知道
I've said too much. You don't need the details.
我说的太多了 你们不需要这些细节
I love a flat screen above a fireplace.
我想在壁炉上面装一个平面电视
I don't know.
我不知道
Sounds like the home of a woman who lives with her cats
这听起来像一个女士和她的猫生活在一起
and is gonna die alone.
行将就木
Not in this house, she won't.
不会在这座屋子 她不会的
She can't afford to.
她支付不起这座屋子的费用了
Now, either someone buys this place by next week,
现在 如果在下周之前没有人买♥♥走这栋房♥子
or it goes to the bank.
那么它将归银行所有
Can she leave the TV?
她可以留下这台电视机吗
Hi. Can I get anybody anything?
嗨 我能为你们拿点什么喝吗?
Coffee? Tea? Cyanide?
咖啡? 茶? 氰化物?
Mom.
妈咪
I'm trying to have a cultural experience.
我正在体验一场文化之旅
You can't call me every day.
你不能每天都打电♥话♥给我
Caitlin, I do not call you every day.
凯特琳 我没有每天打电♥话♥给你
But I want you to know we're selling the house.
但是我是想让你知道我们要卖♥♥这栋房♥子了
So you may want to come home from Bombay early.
你想不想早点从庞贝回来
Mom, it's Mumbai,
妈妈 我在孟买♥♥啊
and you just want me to come home to help you pack.
你只是想让我回去帮你整理东西
That is not true. I miss you.
不是 我想你了
It's just because you don't have anything else going on
这只是因为现在 在你的生活里
in your life right now.
你已经没有其他事情可以做了
Excuse me?
什么?
You're just feeling hurt and rejected
因为爸爸的离开
since Dad left.
你觉得受伤了 被抛弃了
Well, thanks for putting that in a nutshell
好吧 谢谢你将这个放进了一个坚果壳里
and stabbing me with it.
又用它刺伤了我
Okay, I think you're so brilliant,
好吧 我觉得你是那么出色
and you used to have such a cool job.
你以前拥有那么酷的工作
You should really go back to work.
你真的应该重新工作
Well, you're gonna be late for class.
好吧 你上课快迟到了
I'll call you tomorrow.
明天我在给你打电♥话♥
Bye, mom. I love you.
拜拜 妈咪 我爱你
How is that the older and more experienced you are
为什么 年龄越大 经验越多
the less you desirable you become?
越不满意现状呢?
You're talking about your marriage again?
你又要讨论你的婚姻吗?
No, finding work.
不 是找工作的事
I have gone on over a dozen interviews,
我已经面试了12场了
and these young girls seem to take a special pleasure
那些年轻女孩们从我的脸上猜测我的年龄
in rubbing my age in my face.
好像获得了一种很奇怪的愉悦
It's like I woke up one day,
这就像是 一天早上我醒了
and I'd become Ruth van wrinkle.
我已经成为布满皱纹的老女人
Liza, you did the right thing for the time.
莉萨 那个时候你做了对的事情
No, you did the right thing.
不 你才做得对
You followed your artistic dreams,
你追寻了你的艺术梦想
you stuck with the lesbian thing,
你深陷女同事件
and you moved to Brooklyn before it become hot.
在这事没有众人皆知之前 你搬到了布鲁克林
Excuse me, I moved to Brooklyn
抱歉 我搬去布鲁克林
because I couldn't afford Manhattan.
是因为我在曼哈顿支付不起我的生活
And now thanks to all these bearded cheese mongers
现在 多亏了 那些有胡须的胆小的商人
and chicks that look like Macaulay Culkin,
和那些看起来像麦考利·库尔金的小男孩们
I can't afford Brooklyn.
我支付不起在布鲁克林的生活了
Jeez, how did I miss the memo on Brooklyn?
哎呀 我怎么就这样错过了布鲁克林的美好时光呢?
And by the way, when did Bombay become Mumbai?
顺便问一下 炸♥弹♥港什么时候变成了孟买♥♥的一部分的?
You know you can't call it Bombay anymore?
你知道吗 你再也不能叫它炸♥弹♥港了
Well, who wants the word "bomb"
嗯 谁希望在他们的城市名字里
in the name of their city anyway?
有一个"炸♥弹♥"呢?
You know what, I got to pee.
你知道么 我要去尿尿
Order, like, six more of these,
点吧 嗯 像这么六杯
and then we'll go dancing,
然后我们去跳舞
and we'll split that hit of ecstasy I've been saving
为了今天的劲爽 我可是从1998年
since 1998.
矜持到今啊
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Excuse me. Sir.
打扰一下 先生
Mr. bartender. Hello.
酒保先生 你好
Hello!
你好!
Really? Hello?
真的假的? 喂!
Oh. Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa.
噢 噢 咳 咳 咳
Hey, hey, hey. You don't wave a shoe.
嘿 嘿 嘿 你不能这样挥你的鞋子
Never wave a shoe.
永远不要挥鞋子
In Thailand, that's considered a capital offense.
在泰国 这是死罪
And you've been to Thailand?
你去过泰国吗?
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表