剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
He was my mentor.
他是我的导师
I owe him my career.
我的职业都是他给的
And now I'm supposed to tell him no?
现在我却要跟他说不?
It's starting to feel like Quinn all over again.
我感觉就像奎恩的事又发生了一遍
Charles knows you're the publisher
查尔斯理解你是合并品牌的
of the combined brands.
出版商
He's enjoying being an editor on the creative side,
他现在很享受作为一个有创造力的编辑
without all the responsibility of being a publisher.
不用承担出版商的责任
Yeah, but then he gives me that... that...
是 但是他给了我那种...那种
death stare, and I crumble.
死亡凝视 我就发憷了
Oh, I know that stare. He doesn't really mean it.
哦 我知道那个凝视 其实他不是那个意思
It's like the male version of resting bitch face.
他就像男版的天生碧池脸
Really? Oh, totally.
真的? 绝对是真的
You're just projecting all of that authority onto it.
你就忽视他脸上所有的权威的感觉
Look at it another way.
换种方式看待它
It can actually be pretty smoldering.
其实挺闷骚的
No, I do not want to look at it that way.
不 我可不想这样想它
No, no, it's better that you don't.
不 不 你不这样想更好
Oh, my God.
天呐
Hi.
嗨
Do you want me to pick you up at your place tonight?
我今晚去你家接你?
For?
为什么?
The Reading Project fundraiser.
阅读计划的筹款活动
That's tonight? Mm, in Tuxedo Park.
今晚举♥行♥? 对 在塔克西多公园
It's pure hell, but I have to go.
那儿简直是地狱 但是我不得不去
You're off the hook if you want. No, I want to go.
你不想去的话可以不去 不 我想去
We can suffer together. In evening wear.
我们可以穿着晚礼服 一起受苦
Hm, actually it's the eighth circle of Hell.
其实这就好比地狱第八层
The ninth is going through these boxes.
第九层就是收拾这些箱子
It just fell open.
它刚才掉了
I'm not really a glutton for punishment.
我也不算是不怕吃苦的人
Let me know if you still feel that way after tonight.
今晚过后 告诉我你还是不是这么觉得
Can I help you? I got it.
需要我帮忙吗? 我能搞得定
Thank you. You're welcome.
谢谢 不客气
FYI, Kelsey is still intimidated by you.
给你提供些信息 凯尔西还是觉得你威胁到她了
Really? I was pretty careful
真的吗? 我非常谨慎
not to wear a suit this morning.
今天早上都没穿西装
I noticed, but that doesn't help
我发现了 但是没什么用
with the height, your age, and the fact that
你这身高 这年龄 还有
you used to run the place.
你曾经管理过这个地方
Mm, can't help with any of those.
那我也没有办法
She thinks she can't say no to you.
她觉得她没办法和你说不
Well, that's a problem.
这是个问题
I can't have a yes man as my publisher.
我不能和一个一直说“好”的出版商工作
Then you need to respect her
那你就得在她对你的书说"不”的时候
when she says no to your books.
尊重她
Absolutely, she needs to be
当然了 她必须得变得足够强大
strong enough to stand up to me.
才能和我并肩工作
Thank you. That's a tall order.
谢谢你 这真是个"高"要求啊
Pun intended.
一语双关
Oh, my God, the lovebirds.
老天爷 你们这对小情侣
Wow, what a surprise.
真没想到
Oh, didn't Charles tell you? We're at your table.
查尔斯没告诉你吗? 我们和你们一桌
No... Didn't I?
没有... 我没说吗?
We never miss this event.
我们从来不错过这个活动
I just love seeing this.
真开心见到你们在一起
And to think, it all started at our little Hanukkah party.
想到一切都始于我们的光明节派对
Well, that's what we tell ourselves anyway.
至少那是我们认为的
Liza, did you know that Tuxedo Park is actually
莉萨 你知道塔克西多公园其实是
the home of the tuxedo? Mmhmm.
无尾礼服之家? 嗯
Actually, I did not.
事实上 我不知道
Wearing a tuxedo in Tuxedo Park
在塔克西多公园穿一套无尾礼服
is basically like
就好像
drinking a Singapore Sling in Singapore.
在新加坡喝新加坡司令鸡尾酒
Oh. Or having
哦 或者
breakfast at Tiffany's.
在蒂凡尼的吃早餐
I hope the four of us get to do
我希望我们四个
all those things together.
能一起做这些事情
Maybe even on a cruise.
也许在一艘游轮上
To our cruise to Singapore.
敬我们开往新加坡的游轮
And breakfast at Tiffany's.
还有在蒂凡尼吃早餐
Well, at least we crossed Tuxedo Park
至少我们把塔克西多公园
off our bucket list.
从遗愿清单上删除了
Hey. Cheers.
干杯
Liza? Oh!
莉萨?
Michelle, hi. What are you doing here?
米歇尔 你好 你在这里做什么?
Um, well, I... I'm here with Charles.
我...我和查尔斯一起来的
He's an editor of a new imprint, Mercury.
他是一家新的出版公♥司♥ 水星的编辑
And this is Bob and Julia,
这是鲍勃和茱莉亚
Caitlin's roommate's parents.
凯特琳室友的父母
And responsible for introducing these two.
是我们给他俩牵线搭桥的
Everyone, uh, this is Michelle and Tom.
大家伙 这是米歇尔和汤姆
They are very good friends from Paramus, New Jersey.
他们是我来自新泽西州帕拉默斯城的好朋友
Very, very nice to meet you,
真的 真的很高兴见到你
Charles... Brooks.
查尔斯... 布鲁克斯
Liza, you haven't been hiding away this man
莉萨 你没有在你的至亲面前
from your nearest and dearest, have you?
把这个男人藏来藏去吧?
Of course not.
当然没有
There's, uh, nothing to hide here.
没什么可藏的
Yeah, there real... there really isn't.
是啊 真的...真的没什么
Now, that is a tux.
那才是晚礼服
You know, we're double-balling this weekend.
我们这周末还要混合双打
Excuse me?
什么意思?
Well, Charles invited us to this,
查尔斯邀请我们来这里
and then we invited you to the Legal Eagles Gala tomorrow.
那我们就邀请你们去明天的《法网神鹰》庆典
Oh, I didn't realize that was tomorrow.
我不知道是明天
Yeah, you'll be fine. You can wear the same dress.
没事的 你可以穿同一条裙子
It's a whole different crowd.
出席的是完全不同的人
Oh, great.
太好了
We are such ballers.
我们是球场高手
Do you mind if I crash for a bit?
你介意我来蹭个座位吗
My table is so boring. Of course.
我那桌太无聊了 当然不介意
I am so proud of you, honey.
亲爱的 我真为你骄傲
What, why?
啥 为什么?
I mean, that young kid was adorable.
我在说 那个年轻的帅哥很可爱
But now, you're past the crazy phase.
但是现在 你已经过了那个疯狂的阶段了
You're with someone who's appropriate
你在和一个适合你的
who we can all hang out with.
你可以一直依靠的人在一起
Josh wasn't a crazy phase.
乔什不属于疯狂的阶段
Oh, stop apologizing. I'm not.
别道歉了 我没有
You know, after the divorce, I kind of felt sorry for you.
自从你离婚之后 我挺同情你的
But now, I'm jealous.
现在 我嫉妒你
He's a keeper.
他是可以结婚的类型
Ooh, look who's here.
哦 看看谁来了
Cinderella is back from the ball.
辛迪瑞拉从舞会上回来了
Yeah, slippers intact. How was it?
是啊 拖鞋完好无损 怎么样?
Uh, well, this about sums up the night.
这张照片可以说明今晚发生的一切
Look who I ran into.
看看我碰到谁了
Oh, my God!
天呐!
It's like "The Real Housewives of New Jersey."
这就像“新泽西贵妇的真实生活”
Yep, my worlds are colliding,
是啊 我的两个世界碰撞了
and it all feels strangely... familiar.
而且很奇怪 所有事情都感觉...很熟悉
I get it.
我明白了
It's like you only had chocolate ice cream for 20 years
这就像你20年只吃过巧克力味的冰淇淋
and then you got divorced and tried all these new flavors,
你离婚后 尝到了其他各种口味
pistachio, guava, cookies and cream.
开心果味 番石榴味 曲奇味和奶油味
And now it's like you're with chocolate chocolate chip.
现在你和巧克力味的巧克力薯片在一起了
But I like chocolate. Sure.
但是我喜欢巧克力 当然了
Better than vanilla.
比香草味好
Where you going?
你去哪?
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表