剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
"The Mercury is rising at Millennial
"千禧一代董事长及所有人查尔斯·布鲁克斯
"With the acquisition of the newest imprint founded by
所创办的新出版公♥司♥水星
"Millennial chairman and owner, Charles Brooks.
在被千禧一代收♥购♥后蒸蒸日上
The prodigal son returns home."
浪子归乡"
That's "Former" Chairman.
是前董事长
As I recall, he resigned? True.
我记得 他自己辞职了 没错
You know, I'd really like to be focusing
其实我更想把关注点
more on Kelsey, okay? How about this?
侧重于凯尔西 这个怎么样
"Peters hooks Brooks
"彼得斯把布鲁克斯召回千禧一代
"To Millennial, where she plans
为他羽翼未丰的公♥司♥
to find a home for his fledging startup."
提供港湾"
"Fledgling"? I don't know.
羽翼未丰的? 我不确定
Nascent? Baby?
幼稚的? 新生的?
I don't think you quite understand
我想你不理解现在这里
the power dynamics at play here.
暗流涌动的权利变幻
Oh, I do, diva, and it's women on top.
我懂 女王 现在是女性掌权
Okay, how about this?
这个怎么样
"An extraordinary display of solidarity.
"公♥司♥团结的特殊表现
"Charles Brooks has a career renaissance
查尔斯·布鲁克斯为他的新公♥司♥水星
"At Millennial, where he has found a home
找到了千禧一代这个港湾
"For his new startup, Mercury, under the leadership of
并在出版业达人凯尔西·彼得斯的领导下
publishing dynamo Kelsey Peters."
重获职场新生"
And his former intern.
还有他的前实习生
I don't think that's necessary.
我不觉得这个有必要提
Oh... oh, he's here.
哦 他来了
Charles.
查尔斯
It is so good to see you. Oh!
见到你真好 哦!
I feel like everything is right with the world again.
我感觉一切又走上正轨了
I'm happy to see you, Diana.
我也很开心见到你 戴安娜
I just didn't expect so many boxes.
我没想到会有这么多箱子
Oh, well, they're a testament to a long and successful career.
它们证明了你漫长而成功的职业生涯
And a lack of storage.
也证明了库存空间不足
We just sold Pound Ridge
我们刚卖♥♥掉庞德里奇的房♥
and Pauline sent all my stuff from there here.
波琳把我的所有东西都寄到这儿了
Oh, you sold Pound Ridge? That gorgeous estate?
你把庞德里奇的房♥卖♥♥了? 那个庄园?
Yeah, had to. Oh, my God, the memories.
不得不卖♥♥ 天呐 那些记忆
The company picnics. The sack races.
公♥司♥野餐 袋鼠跳比赛
You poured your heart and soul into that house.
你为了那个房♥子费尽了心力
Part of the divorce.
离婚的影响之一
Oh, what a romantic cautionary tale.
多么浪漫的警世故事
I'm not sure marriage should be in the cards again...
我不确定对于你我而言
for either of us.
是否要再次考虑婚姻
It's just a house. Good morning, Liza.
不过是个房♥子罢了 早上好 莉萨
Morning.
早上好
Do you ever feel like a giant wrecking ball?
你有没有觉得你就像一个巨大的破坏球?
He didn't sell the house because of me.
他又不是因为我卖♥♥的房♥子
It's okay, I blame myself. I'm the one who hired you.
没关系 怪我 是我雇了你
At the time, I thought you were more stalwart than seductive.
当时 我觉得比起性感 你更偏向魁梧
I'm... very stalwart.
我确实...很魁梧
Well, what can I say? Love is blind.
我能说什么呢 爱情使人盲目
What's in all the boxes?
箱子里都是什么
20 years of old galleys,
二十年的旧校样
manuscripts I've never read,
从来没读过的原稿
some books I probably should have published
一些应该出版却没有出版
and didn't, and vice-versa.
或不该出版却出版了的书
Mostly junk, but I gotta go through it to be sure.
大部分都没用 但是我得确认一遍
Well, it's so crowded in here, you can hardly see
这里太挤了 几乎都看不见
the flowers someone sent you.
某人送你的花了
It's nice to be home.
回来的感觉真好
Even if it does look like an episode of "Hoarders."
即使看起来像在演《囤积狂》
Where do you want the rest of these, boss?
老板 剩下的你想放哪儿?
I don't think you got enough room in here.
我觉得这里空间不够
Oh, you can take the rest of these
哦 你可以把剩下的
to my office, please.
放到我办公室
We can sort through it all together.
我们可以一起整理
My God, can I help you with that?
天呐 需要我帮忙吗
What happened to the old machine?
以前的机器怎么了
I upped the coffee game around here.
我升级了所有的咖啡工具
Smart move.
聪明
But getting me and Charles back to prop you up?
但是让我和查尔斯回来帮你?
Genius.
绝顶聪明
That's not what this is about.
我不是为了这个
Mm-hmm, tell yourself that.
跟你自己说去吧
For the record, though, I was not a fan of the merger.
声明一下 我不喜欢你所谓的并购
I threw Charles a lifeline.
我救了查尔斯一命
Now I'm just trying to figure out
现在我正努力弄清
how much dead weight comes attached to it.
有多少东西在拖它的后腿
Are you referring to me? Your books.
你是说我吗? 我是说你的书
What you have, what you've bid to acquire.
你拥有的 你出价收♥购♥的
Basically a performance evaluation.
基本上就是一个绩效评估
I never heard you complain about my, uh, performance.
你从没抱怨过我的...表现
I'm talking about at work,
我是说工作
where you will be reporting to me,
你的绩效会被报告给我
which I hope won't be a problem,
我希望这没问题
because I really don't want it to be a problem.
因为我真的不想这成为问题
I don't have the bandwidth for problems.
我没时间解决问题
Oh, I'm not gonna be your problem, Peters.
我不会成为你的麻烦 彼得斯
Good.
很好
Glad we had the talk. See you in the meeting.
很高兴我们谈开了 会上见
What is Mercury?
水星是什么
Books with male appeal, but not dry.
男性向的书 但不枯燥
Books with heart. Skews older.
用心做的书 受众偏年长
Not that old.
没有那么老
Well, older than Millennial,
至少比千禧一代老
which is more female under 40,
我们的读者大部分是40岁以下的女性
which is our core demo.
是我们的核心竞争力
Actually, Mercury, as Zane and I conceived it,
事实上 我和赞恩考虑的 是把水星设计成
is designed to appeal to men and women.
男女读者都囊括的出版社
And we're pretty agnostic about age.
我们都不太懂年龄划分
Of course. Can we all agree that this
当然 大家都同意这本书
would be a perfect Mercury title?
非常适合水星吗
Absolutely, a smart thrill ride
当然 和男主角一起
with a male protagonist.
来一段惊险刺♥激♥的解谜
After looking over your current acquisitions,
在审查过你们的读者数量后
I feel that this book
我觉得这本书
would be much better suited as a Millennial title.
冠以千禧一代的名义更合适
You lost that book.
你没得到那本书
You can't just poach it now because you wanted it.
你不能因为你想要就把它抢走
It's just a better fit for Millennial.
我只是觉得它更适合千禧一代
A story of a young woman who may or not be a killer?
一个年轻女性是或不是杀手的故事?
It's a real-life "Gone Girl."
这就是现实版的《消失的爱人》
Which is why we bought it.
也是我们买♥♥下它的原因
We have to each define our brands
为了能一起工作
in order to work together, Zane.
赞恩 我们必须定义好各自的品牌
Yes. I told her that.
没错 我告诉她的
Charles, if we give up that book, what are we left with?
查尔斯 如果我们放弃了这本书 我们还剩什么?
"The Third Leg"?
《第三条腿》?
Which is a perfect title for your debut.
这是你们首秀的绝佳标题
How to keep the flame alive in a long-term relationship.
在长♥期♥关系中如何保持爱火
It appeals to both middle-aged men and women.
对中年男性和女性都具有吸引力
Charles...
查尔斯
Kelsey, I appreciate the thoughtful analysis,
凯尔西 谢谢你的贴心分♥析♥
but, uh, Audrey Colbert needs to stay at Mercury.
但是 奥黛丽·科尔伯特要留在水星
Okay, Charles, if that's what you want.
好吧 查尔斯 如果你想这样的话
How am I ever gonna make this work with Charles?
我到底怎么才能和查尔斯共事
I'm still intimidated by him.
我现在还害怕他
You've told him off before. It was different then.
你之前指责过他 那不一样
I... I was a scrappy, little underdog
我就像一只反抗权力的
standing up to power.
好斗的小弱狗
He respects you.
他尊重你
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表