剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
or you don't want to be friends with them outside of work?
或者你不想在工作之外和他们做朋友?
It could.
有这个可能
Everything is so fluid and ambiguous with this generation.
我们这一代的一切都这么的不稳定和暧昧
Which is why manners are imperative.
这也是为什么准则很重要
Millennials are commitment-phobic.
千禧一代人都有承诺恐惧症
Not only when making plans, RSVP'ing to weddings...
不只是在做计划和回复婚礼上有恐惧症
Ugh. Don't get me started. But when dating.
别提了 但是开始约会的时候
We struggle to define our relationships.
我们非常艰难地确定我们的恋爱关系
And when we no longer want to engage with someone...
当我们不想再和某人在一起
a bad hook-up or an ex... we ghost them.
比如糟糕的暧昧对象 或者前任 我们就玩失联
Now, this behavior is not only impolite,
这种行为不止很失礼
it is damaging.
它是毁灭性的
My book aims to right these wrongs.
我的书的目的就是改正这些错误
So, how do you politely disengage from an ex?
那你是如何礼貌的与前任分手呢?
Hypothetically speaking.
假设来讲
Uh, with matters of the heart, be clear and direct.
全心全意 清楚明白 直接了当
Like writing them a "Dear John" Letter.
比如给他们写一封分手信
Isn't that a little old-fashioned?
这不会有点过时吗?
I mean, do millennials even know how to hold pens?
我意思是 千禧一代人知道怎么拿笔吗?
With careful words and quality paper,
无论是重要的或痛苦的内容
any message, however important or painful,
只要用真心的话和有质感的纸张来表达
doesn't hurt as much.
都不会太伤别人的心
Alice, let's just circle back to the wedding RSVPs, shall we?
爱丽丝 我们还是回到婚礼回复这件事上 好吗?
Hey. You okay?
你还好吗?
I've been getting asked that question a lot today.
我今天一直被问这个问题
Do I not look okay?
我看起来不好吗?
Oh, come on. You know what I mean.
拜托 你知道我说的是什么
We haven't talked since Chicago.
从芝加哥回来我们就没有再说过话
What's there to say? That I'm sorry.
有什么好说的? 告诉你我很抱歉
I feel partly responsible for what happened.
发生的事我也有一部分责任
I posted the video.
是我上传的视频
Not you.
不是你
Yeah, but it was to me. Right?
是 但是它是发给我的 不是吗?
Obviously.
当然是
Look, if I can't run a social media account,
听着 如果我连一个社交账号♥都管不好
maybe I shouldn't be running a company.
也许我不应该管理一个公♥司♥
Oh, come on. You're a great publisher.
别这样 你是个很棒的出版商
And one day when you really do have your own company,
当你有一天真的有了自己的公♥司♥
I mean...
我是说...
What?
怎么了?
I don't know how to do this with you.
我不知道该怎么和你处下去了
Whenever we try,
每次我们尝试
one of us loses.
总有一个人会一败涂地
It's like we're cursed.
仿佛老天在诅咒我们
How do you feel about me being back as publisher?
我回来作出版人你怎么看?
I just wish Kelsey hadn't been unceremoniously
我只是希望凯尔西不是这样很唐突地
stripped of the title.
被撤职
She seems to be handling it well.
她看起来调整得很好
She seems to be. How about you?
她看起来是的 那你呢?
Always thinking of others. How do you feel?
你总是想着别人 你自己觉得怎么样?
I'm not sure.
说不好
There's been so many sea changes around here,
这里发生了翻天覆地的变化
I'm still trying to find my footing.
我还在努力找到自己的立足点
Me too.
我也是
Ah, Diana.
啊 戴安娜
Uh, flowers aren't necessary.
呃 不用送花的吧
They're not for you.
可不是给你的
They're from Alice Dwyer.
看信封上的字
Says on the envelope.
这花是爱丽丝·德维尔送的
We got "Uncommon Courtesy."
我们拿到了《特殊礼仪》
"Dear Liza and Diana, deepest appreciation
"亲爱的莉萨和戴安娜 非常感谢你们
"For meeting me today.
今天与我会面
I want you to know that you're such wise women."
我写信是要让你们知道你们是如此睿智的女人"
Oh, my faith in this country's youth...
哦 我要重新开始信任我们国家的年轻人了...
actual youth, Liza... is restored.
我是说真的年轻人 莉萨
"However, I'm going with another publisher
"但是 我将和另一家出版社合作
and wanted to notify you as soon as possible."
并且想要第一时间通知你们"
Well, the flowers are a nice touch.
嗯 送花是不错的尝试
Well, Alice is right.
嗯 爱丽丝说得对
A "Dear John" Letter is more polite
一封分手信比毫无音讯
than not hearing from her again.
要礼貌得多
Good manners never get old.
礼貌永远不过时
I'm taking these.
这个归我了
Dear Josh,
亲爱的乔什
I can't begin to thank you
我不知要怎样感谢你
for how you've changed my life.
彻底改变了我的生活
And picturing you not in it breaks my heart.
想象没有了你的生活我心如刀割
But I need to let you go...
但是我得把你放下了...
Okay, so the Publisher's Roundtable don't want...
好 出版人圆桌会议不要...
sorry, need you,
抱歉 不需要你出席了
and neither do the Young Presidents' Club in Phoenix.
凤♥凰♥城的年轻总裁俱乐部也不需要了
But on a more positive note...
但是积极的方面是...
My schedule is wide open?
我现在有了很多空出的日程?
Yes! Yes, exactly!
是! 是的 没错!
And, uh, you have been asked
嗯 还有 有人邀请你
to present to an all-female committee
和下一代最高智商和最有影响力的人
featuring the next generation's greatest minds and influencers.
一起出席的全女性委员会
Huh. Uh, what committee?
啊 什么委员会
The, uh... the Young Women's Charter...
是... 年轻女性的特许...
School.
学校
School? High school, yeah.
学校? 是 高中
Okay, nice try.
好吧 很好的尝试
Why did they ask me?
他们为什么找我?
Because, dude, you are a digital SHero.
因为 姐们儿 你是数字巾帼英雄
That is hero with an S.
就是在英雄的前面加个字母S
Yeah, they want you to speak on the dangers of social media.
是的 他们想要你谈一谈社交媒体上的危险
How you leaned in, right into the lens,
你是怎么俯身直面镜头的
and now you may suffer permanent repercussions.
还有你可能要经受的那些长♥期♥恶果
I am not a victim.
我不是受害者
No, no, no.
不 不 不是
But you are an example
但你是个反面典型
of a woman who made a very simple mistake,
一个女人犯了一个很简单的错误
and the patriarchy's seizing that opportunity
男权主义着抓住这个机会
to tear you down, okay?
把你打垮 好吗?
I don't understand how you're totally okay
我不理解你怎么会对所有那些性别歧视
with all the sexist crap.
安之若素呢
I don't want to be an example or a SHero, okay?
我不想作巾帼英雄或者反面典型 好吗?
I want to distance myself from the situation.
我想要把自己远离目前的处境
Tell them no.
拒绝他们吧
I'm not doing it.
我不会去的
Bronwyn Madigan.
布朗温·麦迪根
Travis Jason.
崔维斯·杰森
Gloria Rivera.
格洛丽亚·里维拉
A confident slate of established writers
这些已签约作者和大胆的新言论
and bold new voices.
组成了自信而坚实的基石
Many of these are a credit to Kelsey's impeccable instincts.
这里很多要归功于凯尔西完美的直觉
And Liza's. Not my moment.
还有莉萨的 现在要说的不是我
So thank you all for your patience and your hard work
所以要谢谢你在这巨变过程中的
during this, uh, sea change.
耐心和勤奋的工作
Which brings us to this.
这才有了这个
Wha... I thought I passed on the seafaring book.
什么... 我以为我砍掉了这本航海书
You did, but we think we should, uh, turn the tide.
你是砍掉了 但我们觉得应该 嗯 做一些改变
Good one, Charles.
干得好 查尔斯
We? Unbelievable.
我们? 难以置信
Is this how it's gonna be?
会一直这样吗?
Just watching all of my decisions be reversed?
就看着我做的所有决定都被反转?
Well, each publisher has their own instincts.
嗯 每个出版人都有他自己的直觉
And apparently mine weren't so impeccable after all.
很明显我的直觉不再完美了
Got it.
了解了
We have several other titles
我们还有几本
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表