剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
Settling in okay?
安顿的还好吗?
So far, so good.
目前还不错
Well, don't get too comfortable,
别太舒服了
'cause we have a problem.
因为我们有麻烦了
I got an advance copy of the Page Six blind item.
我提前拿到了第六页的匿名爆料
It's dropping any minute.
它随时都有可能被发布
But we're covered, right?
但是我们是有准备的 对吗?
I mean, that's the whole reason why
我是说 这就是为什么
Charles stepped down as publisher,
查尔斯辞去了出版人的职务
so our relationship could go public.
所以我们的关系被公开也没事
Read the headline.
读读新闻标题
"What publisher made a hasty exit
“是哪位出版商因为与一位
thanks to an affair with a 28-year-old associate?"
28岁的同事有染而匆忙退出的?”
If you come forward with your real age now,
如果你现在公开你的年龄
guess who people are going to assume
你猜人们会认为谁是
is the 28-year-old associate?
那个28岁的同事?
Me?
我?
Yeah.
对
Well, he's, like, 20 years older than me, Liza.
他比我大二十岁啊 莉萨
We can run a correction, say I'm 42.
我们可以修正一下 说我42岁
My investor group is gonna have a hard enough time
我的投资团队光是要处理出轨新闻
dealing with news of the affair.
就要费好大劲了
It's not an affair.
这并不是出轨啊
He's still legally married, correct?
他法律上还是结了婚的 对吗?
Correct.
对
They're not gonna be able to deal with identity fraud
他们没办法在那之上再处理
on top of that.
身份欺诈
Let's just keep the age thing status quo for now.
我们先把年龄的事情放一放
But I thought we agreed… We did.
但是我以为我们有达成共识… 我们确实有
But we have to be strategic.
但是我们要有战略
We are launching a groundbreaking
我们正在创办一家
publishing company run entirely by women.
完全由女性经营的开创性出版公♥司♥
That is our story.
这才是我们的现状
Let's not turn it into a pity party about ageism.
别把这个变成年龄歧视的怜悯会
Well, now it all makes sense:
好啊 现在一切都说得通了
the promotion, the secrecy.
晋升 保密
Congratulations, Kelsey.
恭喜你啊 凯尔西
You bottomed your way to the very top.
你从身下睡到了位上
I got this.
我来处理
Diana, wait. It's not what you think.
戴安娜 等等 不是你想的那样
Don't. But...
别说了 但是...
I don't care if she is your friend.
我不在乎她是不是你朋友
I don't care if she didn't mean for it to happen.
我也不关心她是不是有意为之
No... If you say one more word
不是的... 如果你再为她
in her defense, I will never speak to you again.
多辩解一个字 我就再也不会和你说话了
Diana.
戴安娜
It's not Kelsey. It's me.
不是凯尔西 是我
It's me!
是我!
I'm... I'm the 28-year-old associate
我...我就是那个28岁的
having an affair with the publisher.
和发行人暧昧不清的同事
Diana, please. Wait. Let me explain.
戴安娜 求你了 请让我解释
What's there to explain?
还有什么好解释的?
It's a story as old as time:
这是个老掉牙的故事了
the assistant sleeping with the boss.
助理和老板睡觉
I am so sorry I kept this from you.
抱歉我向你隐瞒这件事
It's new, and...
不久之前的事...
we didn't want it to come out like this.
我们也不想变成现在这样
Close the door on your way out.
出去的时候把门带上
Liza Miller?
莉萨·米勒?
Mm-hmm.
是的
The yodeling mom?
那个唱歌♥的妈妈?
She's the woman in your office who faked her age?
她就是那个在你办公室里谎报年龄的女人?
Get outta here.
你可得了吧
This stays between us.
你别告诉别人
Pauline knows about her, not about her age.
波琳知道她 但是不知道她的年纪
I'm not saying anything.
我什么都不会说的
Who'd believe it?
说出来谁信啊?
Why would you do this to yourself?
你为什么这么对自己?
I can't explain it.
我无法解释
When... when I'm with her...
当...当我和她在一起...
I feel free.
我很轻松
But she cost you your whole business,
但她毁了你的全部事业
everything you worked for.
所有你为之奋斗的东西
That was my decision.
这是我自己的决定
What the hell are you gonna do the rest of your life?
你下半辈子打算干什么?
You can't be retiring in your 40s.
你总不能40多岁就退休吧
I'm going to take a little time and figure it out.
我准备花点时间想一想
Well, don't take too much time.
别花太多时间
It's not easy for guys our age.
我们这个年纪的男人可不容易
Look at Empirical...
看看经验出版社...
The young eclipsing the old.
年轻一代正在侵蚀老人
If you don't have a big Instagram account these days,
这个年头要是ins上没有粉丝
you won't even get an interview.
你连面试机会都拿不到
Thank you for the surprise invitation.
感谢你的惊喜邀请
I'm just glad you were available.
很开心你有空
I wasn't.
我没空
I'm just dying to hear
我只是好奇死了
how the regime change is going at Millennial.
千禧一代的政♥权♥变革怎么样了
Do Kelsey's feet reach the floor in Charles' seat?
凯尔西的脚迈进查尔斯的办公室了吗?
Well, let's just put it this way:
就这么说吧
if you hear of anyone
如果你知道
looking for a senior marketing executive,
有人在招聘市场部高管
please let me know.
一定及时通知我
Oh.
哦
Okay.
好吧
I'll make some inquiries...
我会打听看看的...
But discreetly.
但是秘密进行
I'll keep it quiet.
我不会让人知道的
Oh, Redmond, if I had wanted it kept quiet,
哦 雷德蒙 如果我不想让人知道的话
I would have never come to you.
我就不会来找你了
Can we see the champagne list, please?
帮我们拿一下香槟酒单 谢谢
Let's move on to the FOH and the VOH,
接下来说说FOH和VOH
most of which is title-specific,
基本每个出版物都是特定的
represented by the TSC line.
由TSC线表示
But here's where it gets really interesting.
但接下来要讲的就有意思了
We expense PP&B plus royalty very differently
我们在公♥司♥P&L和在各出版物P&L中
in the company P&L than in each title's P&L.
我们支出的PP&B加上版税是非常不同的
And the reason is this...
原因就是...
Um, can I interrupt you for one sec, Ramesh?
额 我能打断你一下吗? 拉梅什
Too fast? I could start over.
太快了吗? 我可以从头再来一遍
No.
不是
I need to pull back from these details
我先不听这些细节
and just ask a few basic questions.
只问几个基本的问题
Is the company making money?
这个公♥司♥在赚钱吗?
Quite the opposite.
恰恰相反
Okay, so we are... Are losing money.
好的 那我们...就是在赔钱
Every day.
每天
As you see here, our revenue keeps falling
如你所见 我们的收入
further and further behind our costs.
远远超出于我们的支出
Okay, I thought your investor group
我以为你的投资者集团
was making up the difference.
会让这个情况改观
We are, month by month,
在改了 逐月变好呢
but it would help if you could make cuts.
但如果你缩减开支会更好
Anyway, strong start. I'm excited.
无论如何 有个好的开始 我很兴奋
We've got some good soil.
我们可是有大好的基础
Wait, are you leaving?
等等 你这就要走了?
Yeah, I've gotta go to the airport.
是的 我得去机场了
Davos again. Oof.
还是达沃斯(世界经济论♥坛♥) 哎
Happy cost-cutting.
缩支快乐
So what's going on with you?
所以你怎么了?
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表