剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
Yeah, how much time do you need to say,
是 你需要多长时间说一句
"Sorry, Charles, my ex is a big, fat snack?"
" 抱歉 查尔斯 我的前任又肥又胖 不用当回事"
Oh, God.
哦 天哪
I'm sorry... How did this become about you?
不好意思... 怎么就变成在聊你的事了?
So none of the other hundreds of photos that were taken
就是拍了其他成百上千张照片
were good enough for the campaign?
都没有能拿来做宣传的?
The scooter? People were really smiling
滑板车那个呢? 我骑着滑板车的时候
when I was on that scooter.
大家都在微笑啊
They were holding in a laugh, Liza.
他们那是在憋着不要大声笑出来
I am sorry, listen...
我很抱歉 听我说...
I called Shelly from Infinitely 21 and I asked her
我给 无限21 的谢利打了的电♥话♥
to swap out the photos. I told her that you felt misled
让她换掉照片 我告诉她你感觉被误导了
and that you were uncomfortable with the final image.
而且你对最终选定的形象感觉很不舒服
And? This was all in a voicemail.
然后呢? 这是给语♥音♥信箱留言
I left a voicemail for you!
我为你给语♥音♥信箱留言了!
Zipper? Yes.
帮拉下拉链? 好
You look pretty. Eh. I think we can do better.
你看起来好漂亮 哦 我觉得还可以更漂亮
No, I saw a mandarin collar jumpsuit in off-white
不 我见过一套米白色的中式对襟的连体衣
that was giving me bedroom eyes... I'll B-R-B.
仿佛在卧室里对我深情凝望... 我去拿过来
Off-white.
米白色
Sounds like there's something wrong with it.
感觉哪里不对
I wore off-white to my wedding.
我结婚的时候就穿着米白色
I was ten weeks pregnant with Caitlin at the time,
那时候凯瑟琳在我肚子里已经两个多月了
so those were the rules. You saw my wedding dress.
带球跑很常见 你看过我的结婚礼服了
It was all taffeta... It was like wearing a bale of hay.
一身全是塔夫绸... 感觉像穿着一捆干草
I was itching all day and night.
我从早到晚到处痒
By the time I got home, I had welts everywhere
等我回到家 全身都是抓痕
and Andy wouldn't go near me.
安迪都不肯靠近我
Probably other reasons for that, looking back.
回头看 也许不止那个原因
Well, I don't know about you,
嗯 我不知道你
but I didn't know what I wanted in my 20s.
但是我在二十几岁的时候不知道自己想要看什么
Oh, you mean two weeks ago?
哦 你是说两个星期前吗?
It does seem a little backwards,
是看起来有点复古
all the pomp and circumstance and... fabric
那装腔作势的样子还有...面料
for the ones that didn't work out.
还是那些不怎么样的面料
Yeah. Seems like the bigger celebration
是啊 感觉更加盛大的庆祝
should be for when you finally get it right.
应该是为你终于做出正确决定准备的
You know what?
你知道吗?
I agree.
我同意你的观点
Okay, um... bad news.
好吧 嗯...坏消息
The mandarin collar had a lettuce hem.
那件中式对襟礼服有个裙摆
Diana Trout is not walking down the aisle
戴安娜·特劳特不能穿着像春卷一样的衣服
looking like a spring roll.
走上婚礼红毯
Also, Shelly Rozanzky from Infinitely 21 called.
以及 无限21的谢利·洛赞斯基打来电♥话♥了
Oh, good!
哦 太好了!
Mm, did you not hear when I just said bad news?
额 你是没听见我刚才说坏消息吗?
No, the campaign is doing so well that it's...
广♥告♥效果实在是太好了 以至于...
it's... it's going national.
已经...走向全国了
Liza, I am so sorry. What? When?
莉萨 我很抱歉 啥?什么时候的事?
It's digital. You just press a button,
这可是网络时代 你只要按下按键
so, like... now?
估计 就是...现在吧?
If you two will excuse me.
抱歉我要先走一步了
Where're you going?
你要去哪啊?
Chicago.
芝加哥
I'm just trying to think of this as practice.
我在努力把这想成一次练习
You know, it's our first pitch.
你知道的 这只是我们第一次推介
If it doesn't go well, learn and move on.
如果不好的话 吸取经验再继续就好
Uh, this is our only pitch.
额 其实是我们仅有的一次机会
What? You said we had a long list of investors to meet with.
啥?你说过我们有一大串投资人要去见呢
And when I went through that list,
但当我查看投资人名单时
I realized we have hit up every single one
我发现我们已经全部都见过了
except Jacobs.
除了雅各布
So this is our only shot at keeping the company alive?
所以这是我们保全公♥司♥的唯一办法了?
Sorry.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
是我觉得抱歉才对
Kelsey, Charles. Jeffrey Jacobs.
凯尔西 查尔斯 我是杰弗瑞·雅各布
This is my dad Ennis. Hi!
这是我爸爸恩尼斯 你好!
Glad you could make the trip.
很高兴你们能过来
Hi, Ennis. We're excited to be here.
你好 恩尼斯 我们很高兴能来
We made our money in specialty metals,
我们把钱投在稀有金属
immutable alloys.
还有合金上
Ha. Do you even know what those are?
冒昧一问 你知道这些都是什么吗?
Uh, we have both done our research.
额 我们都做了些调查
What I mean is, uh,
我是说 额
we're not accustomed to the kind of change
我们不是很习惯变得
you have to deal with in the publishing industry.
向你们一样面对出版行业
As potential investors,
作为潜在投资人
how can you put our minds at ease?
你怎样让我们能放松些?
Well, this company's been around for six decades.
额 我们公♥司♥有超过六十年的历史
We've always been competitive with the larger houses.
我们一直以来都与行业内各大巨头竞争
We've even managed to lure away some of their heavy hitters.
甚至我们曾成功的从他们手里抢下一些大热的书
And how have you done that?
你是怎么做到的?
Uh, we have done that
额 我们能做到
by having an appetite for hard work
是因为努力工作的热忱
and by believing that what we do is for the greater good.
且坚信我们所做的是为了更美好的未来
And we participate in the change.
同时我们积极变革
We're not the same company that we were six decades ago
我们已经不是六十年前的那家公♥司♥了
or even six months ago.
甚至不是六个月前的
When I became publisher,
当我成为出版商的时候
I immediately hired a social media strategist
我首先就雇佣了一位社交媒体研究者
because that's really the only way
因为这真的是唯一可以
to stay ahead of the curve now.
紧跟时代浪潮的办法
Everyone says social media,
每个人都在说社交媒体
but how does that actually translate to better business?
但是如何将它演变成良好的商机呢?
People expect access and transparency.
人们期待的是途径与透明度
I post book lists and stories to my Insta every day.
我每天都在我的insta上分享书单和故事
All of you can find me at @MillennialKelsey, by the way.
顺便插一句 你们可以搜索@MillennialKelsey关注我
Accessibility and transparency build trust,
可接触程度与透明度可以建立信任
which means as a company, we'll have more success
对一家公♥司♥而言这也就意味着 我们在发布新作者时
launching new authors,
成功的可能性更大
and that's how it translates to better business.
这就是如何转化为好的商机的
So...
那么...
in the spirit of transparency...
秉承着透明精神...
we need your money.
我们需要你的钱
Hey. What's going on?
嗨 怎么了?
Do you have any weed?
有大♥麻♥吗?
Yeah, but could have texted me that.
有啊 但是你发个信息就行了
Uh, Clare is taking a new job in L.A.
额 克莱尔在洛杉矶找到新工作了
What? Yeah.
什么? 是的
It's a big new promotion which means a lot more money,
是个很好的晋升也就是说会赚更多的钱
which is great... I mean, we need it,
这简直...我是说 我们需要钱
and obviously, I wanna do what's best for Gemma.
而且当然了 我也想给杰玛最好的
So hire a lawyer, okay, Josh,
那就雇个律师 好吗 乔什
and fight to keep her here.
去争取留住她
No, no, no, I don't want to get into
不 不 不 我可不想因为监护权
a big legal battle over custody.
去打什么官司
Well, no one does, but sometimes you have to.
额 没人想那样 但是有时没办法啊
I mean, you know me, right?
我是说 你知道我的 是吧?
You know that I fight to keep people in my life.
你知道我拼命争取留住我身边的人
I just don't know if it's the best thing to do anymore.
我只是不知道再继续这样下去是否正确了
What are you talking about? There's all these ads
你在说什么? 我和莉萨的这些广♥告♥
all over the city of me and Liza,
遍布全城
reminding me that no matter how much you love someone,
让我意识到不管你有多爱一个人
it doesn't mean they stick around.
都不意味着她一定会在你身边
It doesn't mean that you're what's best for them.
也不意味着你就是守护她的最佳人选
I don't know. I think it's a sign.
我不知道 可能这就是预兆
No. It's not a sign.
不 才不是什么预兆
Uh, it's literally a sign, Maggie.
额 真是一个广♥告♥牌(广♥告♥牌和预兆是一个词)玛吉
It's in Chelsea, it's in Midtown,
切尔西有 市中心有
it's on a deli in Gowanus.
连瓦纳斯的熟食店都有
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表