from my factory in Atlanta
到我芝加哥的分销中心
to my distribution center in Chicago.
我们结束了
We're done here.
肯普先生的律师申请到针对此次逮捕的听证会
Mr. Kemp's attorney just secured a hearing on his arrest.
这是个伟大的国家 对吗
Is this a great country, or what?
你盯着车
You watch the cars.
看一整天 雷蒙德 他只是盯着车而已
All day, Raymond, that's what he does.
他盯着而已
He watches the cars.
我知道我看见了什么 雷蒙德
I know what I saw, Raymond.
她在监视我们
She's watching.
没人监视你 弗兰克
Nobody's watching, Frank.
没有这回事
This isn't happening.
告诉他
Tell him.
我来的时候没有车
There was no car when I came.
自从那个女人闯入我们的公♥寓♥
Ever since that woman broke into our apartment
把他拖走 试图侵入他的记忆
and dragged him off and tried to access his memories --
不管他们对他
I mean, whatever they did to his...
琳达 别说了
Linda, stop.
没事的
It's okay.
在你回来之前 我们的生活
Things in our life were normal and quiet
普通 祥和 而又平凡
and ordinary before you came back.
我知道你们两个有一段
And I know the two of you share a past
我都不敢想的过去
I can't even begin to imagine,
但弗兰克和我也有生活
but Frank and I had a life, too.
在一起的生活
Together.
我们的生活很好
Our life was good.
你进入他的生活才是麻烦
It's his life with you that's troubled.
怪罪雷蒙德对他公平吗
Is it fair to blame Raymond?
听你妻子的话吧
Listen to your wife.
你病了 弗兰克
You're sick, Frank.
你不太对劲 我们要找人帮你
Something is wrong, and we need to get you help.
她说得对
She's right.
你需要帮助
You need help.
我认识一些人
There are people I know who --
雷蒙德
Raymond.
你没明白
You don't understand.
我们需要自己来
We need to do this on our own.
很抱歉我把你卷入事件中
I'm sorry I ever dragged you into this.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
你做得对 雷蒙德
You did the right thing, Raymond.
恐怕做得太少也太迟了
Too little, too late, I'm afraid.
我就不该把他卷进来 何况还有她
I never should have involved him, let alone her.
整件事...
A whole --
见鬼
I'll be damned.
对你来说挺好 伊利亚
Good for you, Ilya.
驾驶座上有人
There's someone in the driver's seat.
我想知道这意味着什么
I wonder what the hell this means.
感谢你加入我们 库珀司长
Thank you for joining us, Director Cooper.
在公开庭审之前
Before making record in open court,
我觉得最好先开场私下会议
I thought it best to have a private conference.
-法官阁下 -不是你
- Your Honor -- - u202dNot you.
我想听听他打算说点什么
I'm here to hear what he has to say.
库珀司长 我猜你应该知道
Director Cooper, I assume you knew
这次逮捕是有争议的
this arrest would be controversial,
但你还是抓了
and yet, you did it anyway.
出于无奈
Reluctantly.
因为我相信肯普知道
Because I believe Mr. Kemp knew
安伯斯小姐不是那些枪的真正买♥♥主
Ms. Ambers wasn't the actual buyer of those guns.
他在密谋把这些枪♥支♥
He was conspiring to sell them
卖♥♥给不被允许持枪的人
to someone prohibited from buying them.
我的委托人不可能知道
My client had no way to know that.
你们都看过视频了 卡莉·安伯斯24岁
You've seen the video. Carly Ambers is 24,
是她男朋友利用的一颗棋子 有两次前科
a pawn being used by her boyfriend, a two-time felon.
能看出来她很紧张
She was visibly nervous --
现在这是法定标准了吗
Is that the legal standard now?
我的委托人看到买♥♥武器紧张的客户
Is my client supposed to assume customers who seem nervous
就要假定他们是罪犯吗
are buying their weapons on behalf of criminals?
她用现金付款
She was paying in cash,
这是非法购买♥♥的典型迹象
a classic indication of an illegitimate purchase.
法官阁下 我的委托人是厂商 不是读心专家
Your Honor, my client is a manufacturer, not a mind reader.
最重要的是 卡莉·安伯斯能通过背景检查
Bottom line, Carly Ambers can pass a background check.
他没有义务调查她的男朋友是谁
He's not obligated to investigate who her boyfriend is
或者她的其他信息
or anything else about her.
他被逮捕的消息被媒体传遍了
His arrest is all over the press.
这简直不可容忍♥
This is outrageous.
不可容忍♥的是肯普先生对现实的漠视
What's outrageous is Mr. Kemp's disregard for reality.
法官阁下 你知道是怎么回事
Your Honor, you know what happened here.
卡莉·安伯斯不可能临时起意
Carly Ambers u202ddidn't wake up one morning
突然决定在四个月的时间里
and suddenly decide to collect 60 identical guns
购买♥♥六十支相同的枪♥支♥
over the span of four months.
这让人无法信服
That is unreasonable to believe.
她没有其他枪♥支♥
She doesn't own any other guns.
她也不懂枪♥支♥
She doesn't know anything about guns.
反对 她不需要拥有其他枪♥支♥
Objection. She's not required to own other guns,
肯普先生也没有义务测试她是否懂枪
and Mr. Kemp is not obligated to test her knowledge.
商人都知道这是个危险信♥号♥♥
The dealer knew there were red flags.
他警告了肯普先生 她可能是冒牌购买♥♥者
He warned Mr. Kemp that she might be a straw purchaser.
说了什么听不清楚
It is not apparent what was said.
声音很小
The audio is poor.
我的委托人肯定没听到这声警告
And my client clearly didn't hear that warning.
这是陪审团裁决的
That's for the jury to decide.
就已有事实来看
Well, I'm not even sure you get to a jury
你们可能都不用见陪审团
with the facts before me now.
好吧 我知道这是什么情况
Oh, okay. u202dI see what's going on here.
你把我们叫过来是因为
You called us into chambers because
法官阁下不想让公众知道你随意撤销逮捕令
Your Honor didn't want the public to see you toss a valid arrest.
-说话小心点 司长 -小心什么
- Watch it, Director. - Watch what?
现在又没有记录 你怕什么
We're off the record. What are you afraid of,
招惹枪♥支♥游说团吗
incurring the wrath of the gun lobby?
我听够了
I've heard enough.
好了 你们都出去
Alright, get out. All of you.
我会翻阅证据
I will review the evidence
等我做出裁决 会通知你们双方
and let the parties know when I have my ruling.
我们的谈话将会被记录
We are on the record.
我先说清楚
So, let me be clear --
法庭无权告诉联调局
It is not for this court to tell the FBI
如何履行职责或者该逮捕谁
how to do its job or who to arrest.
但是我发现 《美国律师手册》
But I do note, however, that the U.S. Attorney's Manual,
《联调局手册》和司法部的政策
FBI Handbook, u202dand Justice Department policy
都规定公诉人不得发起
says that no prosecutor will bring a case
他没有充分理由认为可以胜诉的案子
that he does not have a reasonable belief that he can win.
我们相信我们能胜诉
We believe we can win.
没错 但你承担相当大的举证责任
Yes, but you face u202dan extremely high burden.
你要证明肯普先生早就知道...
You need to prove that Mr. Kemp knew --
或者他应该知道
or he should have known --
他其实是把这批枪卖♥♥给了一个禁止买♥♥卖♥♥的买♥♥方
that he was actually selling those guns to a prohibited buyer.
别误会我的意思 中间商买♥♥卖♥♥...
And don't get me wrong, straw purchases --
是这个国家的大问题
serious problem in this country.
每年都会出现三万多起中间方买♥♥卖♥♥
There may be more than 30,000 attempted straw purchases every year,
但是这个问题的严重性
but the seriousness of the problem
改变不了政♥府♥想要立案
does not change the requirements
所需要达到的标准
for what the government needs to make its case.
安伯斯女士的年纪和购买♥♥量
Well, Ms. Ambers' age and the volume of the purchases --
这些的确会让我有所顾忌
they're facts that certainly give me pause,
但是这足够决定
but are they enough to conclude
肯普先生和他的同伙
that Mr. Kemp and his associates
犯下了联邦刑罪吗
committed a federal criminal offense?
我想不能
I think not.
我觉得这些证据无法支撑指控
I find the evidence insufficient to sustain the charges.
因此 从公平正义和司法经济性考虑
Therefore, in the interest of justice and judicial economy,
本案不予受理
剧集 | 罪恶黑名单 | 导航列表