剧集 | 天蝎(2014) | 导航列表
I'm Ralph Dineen, and for my civics project,
我是拉尔夫·狄宁 我的公民教育课业
I'm interviewing average American voters on Election Day.
将是对选举日的普通美国选民进行采访
Sir, I'm researching what issues
先生 我在调查普通
concern the average American.
美国人关心的问题
I'm not an American yet and if I was,
我还不是美国人 如果我是
my IQ makes me well above average.
我的智商也高于普通人
Seriously?
不是吧
This is for a grade.
这是为了成绩
Oh, right.
好吧
Well, if I were a citizen,
如果我是美国公民
my concern would be
我关心的问题是
how slow the Patent and Trademark Office is.
专利与商标局的办事效率过低
I've been waiting for approval
我好几项发明
on several of my inventions for some time.
都已经审核很久了
You see, I've created multiple, unique innovations
我创造了多个独特的发明
that will ultimately shape the course of...
这些发明最终能改变...
No one likes your inventions.
没人喜欢你的发明
Come here, Ralphy.
过来 拉尔夫
Get me on camera.
来拍我
Cameraman, new subject.
摄像师 新对象
And here we have someone who's been voting
这位已经有近半世纪
for almost a half a century.
投票经验了
Not relevant.
这无关紧要
Now the issue that concerns me is technology.
我所关心的问题是科技
For example,
比如
the other day, I was trying to get
前两天 我想启动
Happy's Wi-Fi thermostat to work.
乐乐的无线恒温器
A child can use it.
孩子都会用
Wrong.
错了
So, I called Toby to help me with it.
所以我打给托比叫他帮忙
He had me shout 72 degrees
他让我反复冲那玩意
into that thing over and over
大吼22度
and it never kicked in, did it, Doc?
可它就是不启动 是吧 医生
What?
怎么了
Thermostat isn't voice-activated.
恒温器不是声控的
I screamed into that crap pile for 20 minutes.
我冲那破玩意吼了20分钟
Not everything's improved by technology, Ralphy.
不是什么事都是高科技的好 拉尔夫
My top issue on Election Day: surveillance.
我选举日的首要考虑 监控
The bad guys watch our every move,
坏人盯着我们的一举一动
but who watches the watchers?
但谁来监控监控者呢
You're what my teacher calls the crackpot vote.
你就是我老师说的疯子选民
Check it out.
看啊
Titanium crib, hydraulic lifts...
钛合金摇篮 液压升降板
dozens of pinhole, fiber-optic cameras that line the frame.
数十个小孔 沿框架设了光纤摄像机
They're pointing out, not at the baby.
摄像头是冲外的 不是冲着孩子的
What, do you plan on watching daddy?
你是打算监视爸爸吗
I want to make sure you don't drop it.
我想确保你不会把它摔地上
You're worried about me?
你在担心我吗
You just referred to our child as "It."
你刚把我们的孩子说成是"它"
Hey, and speaking of the fetus-I-can't-wait-to-meet-us,
说到等不及出世的胎儿
when is your overdue prenatal checkup?
你早该进行的产检什么时候去做
It's this afternoon and it's not overdue.
今天下午 才没有"早该"
I'm at three weeks, within standard time frame.
我才三周 这在正常时间范围内
Yeah, this seems personal.
嗯 这似乎是私人对话
Should I stop filming?
我要停止拍摄吗
I'll tell you when to stop filming.
什么时候停止听我的
Eminent domain law.
《土地征用权法》
That's what concerns me.
这是我关心的问题
I am researching the subject now.
我正在进行调研
Our government has draconian seizure power.
我国政♥府♥的没收权很严格
What, no follow up?
不说点啥吗
I'm just shocked I got a real answer.
我只是对有人认真回答感到震惊
Last night,
昨晚
during a spirited bout of Fantasies and Frolics,
在一场激烈的《幻想欢愉》中
a-a role-playing imagination game...
这是一个角色扮演类想象游戏
Shut it down.
关掉吧
My wizardry coven...
我的巫师团
The Knights of West Altadenia,
西艾萨迪尼亚骑士
learned that the comic book store
发现我们聚会的
where we convene... Merlin's Credenza?
那家漫画书店 梅林的书柜吗
The Warlock's Chest, thank you kindly.
魔法师之胸漫画店 谢谢你了
Our beloved lair
我们心爱的巢穴
has been marked for destruction
已被标记待拆
in order to make space for a big-box hardware store to be built.
要给大型五金店市场建设挪地方
Sweet. Cheaper tools.
好啊 工具更便宜
Happy!
乐乐
The Warlock's Chest
魔法师之胸漫画店
is a haven for the socially challenged.
是社交障碍人士的天堂
Some people vote their pocketbook.
有些人拿钱包投票
I vote my comic book.
我拿漫画书投票
And I will support any politician
我将支持任何严厉对待
that will rein in eminent domain abuse.
土地征用权滥用的政客
Oh, I'm so sorry.
真对不起
Lots of people voting before work.
好多人赶在上班前投票
Thanks for watching Ralph.
多谢照顾拉尔夫
How'd the civics project go? Awful.
公民教育课业进行得如何 很糟糕
I got to go edit this crap pile.
我得去剪辑这破玩意
Where did he learn a word like that?
这话他是哪学来的
See you got your dress for the Veteran's Ball.
你拿到退伍军人舞会的裙子了
Uh, and Ralph's suit, too.
还有拉尔夫的西装
Oh, uh, thanks again for asking him to come.
再次感谢你邀请他一起去
Oh, I wouldn't think of going without him.
我绝不会想要不带他的
Actually, we might have a little more company.
其实 我们可能还得多带几个人
Really? Who?
是吗 谁
My... parents are in L.A. for a few days
我父母要来洛杉矶几天
and they were wondering if they could come to the event as well.
他们不知道是不是也能来参加
Oh, to the, um, to the ball?
去舞会吗
Yeah.
嗯
I mean, listen, if it's weird or something, then,
如果你觉得奇怪
Oh, it's not weird, it's not weird.
不会 不怪啊
I mean...they're just in town... No, I totally get it.
他们正好来了 我理解的
It'll be, it'll be fun.
会很开心的
Great.
好啊
Okay, I will let them know.
那好 我告诉他们
In the meantime, I should go help Ralph edit.
现在 我该去帮拉尔夫做剪辑了
He is a demanding boss.
他是个好霸道的老板
Introducing our Ms. Dineen to Mom and Dad
把我们的狄宁小姐介绍给老爸老妈
is quite the bold move by Timothy.
蒂摩西此举够大胆
It's quite bold, indeed.
非常大胆
I am really not looking for commentary.
我真的不需要评论
I didn't meet Megan's parents until after I married her.
我跟梅根结婚后才认识了她父母
Speaking of marriage,
说到结婚
chew on these sociological stats.
想想这些社会数据
You know, over half of those who have a formal meeting
超过半数的跟情人父母
with their paramour's parents past the age of 29
正式见面的29岁以上人士
wind up engaged.
最终都订婚了
And 82% of those folk take the plunge.
其中82%最终结婚了
Marriage?! It's just a dance.
结婚 不过是场舞会
A dance down the aisle.
通往圣坛的一支舞
And since married people
由于40岁以下
under 40 have children at a 66% clip,
已婚人士66%还要孩子
the question is not
问题不是
"Are you ready to meet the parents?"
"你是否准备好见家长了"
It's "Are you ready for another bambino?"
而是"你是否准备好要二娃了"
What?!
什么
Guys, Paige is bright.
各位 佩吉很聪明
She wouldn't allow something as trivial as a-a dance
她不会允许舞会这样的小事
to determine the course of her life.
决定她的人生轨迹
So, perhaps, we butt out?
我们不该多管闲事
Thank you, Walter.
谢谢 沃特
剧集 | 天蝎(2014) | 导航列表