剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
受过基本训练的 长官
Basic training, you know, sir.
抱歉 小姐
Pardon me, miss.
她没说她去哪了吗
And she left not word of where she was going?
就那么消失了
She just vanished, you say?
如果她说了
If she had left word,
就不叫消失了 不是吗
it would not have been a vanishing, would it?
拜托 我得走了
Now, please, I must leave.
否则我回去时就没工作可做了
Or there will be no work when I return.
我会挨饿 那你要良心不安了 探长
I will starve, and that will be on your conscience, Inspector.
别来这套 小姐
No, miss.
别跟我提良心
You will not talk to me of conscience.
下面那个女孩 求你给指路
That girl down there looked to you for leading.
看来你给她指了条死路
Seems to me you led her nowhere but her death.
你想走 就跟我交待
Now you wish to leave us, you will speak to me.
否则我就逮捕你 小姐
Or I will arrest you, miss.
把你关进牢房♥ 然后忘记是为了什么
Put you in a cell and forget for why.
她只说她是去见个男人
She said only that she had been asked to meet a man.
那人说她如果愿意去
A man who said that she had only to come with him,
就能挣比缝纫
and she would be paid 1,000 times over
多一千倍的钱
what she would make with a needle in her hand.
她是要卖♥♥身
She was to sell herself.
你是说为钱张开腿吗
Spread her legs for money, you mean?
不 我不是...我是...
No, I did... I... I... I nev... I asked...
但并不是那样的 她对我发誓了
But that was not it. She swore to me.
她肯定是被打劫了
It must be that she was robbed.
-因为她挣的钱被劫杀了 -不是 小姐
- Killed for the money she earned. - No, miss.
她不是因为抢劫而死
It wasn't a robbing of her that caused her death.
要是抢劫 不会费那么大事
There was a good deal too much trouble taken for that.
如果连你这个警♥察♥都不知道
Then if you, a policeman, do not know,
我个缝纫女工怎么帮得上忙
I cannot see how I, a seamstress, can help you.
我能不能回去看看我是否还有工作了
Now may I return to see if I have been discharged from my work?
送她回去
See her returned.
是 探长
Yes, Inspector.
你想家吗
Don't you miss it then? Your home?
-克拉科夫 -嗯
- Krakow? - Yeah.
我自己想离开的
I chose to leave.
那里越来越不像家了
It came to not feel like my home.
家是温存的地方 而那里有太多冷漠
Home is a kind place, and there was too much unkindness.
那么你愿意再不回去
So you're happy never to return?
我没那么说
I did not say that.
你是这儿的人吗
You... you are from here?
离这儿不远吧
Near enough, yeah.
但今天当你看到街上的招牌
But only today you see the street signs
听到教堂尖塔传来的钟声
and the sound the Christchurch Spire.
你知道你住在你的家乡
You know you live where you're from,
也因此记起了自己的身份
and are reminder therefore of who you are.
大概是吧
I suppose so, yeah.
这就是我想念的
Those things I miss.
是他吗
That him?
你找她麻烦 先生 我会给你更大的麻烦
She knows trouble from you, sir, and you will know worse.
看到血害怕吗 德拉蒙德
The sight of blood frighten you, Drummond?
小剂量不怕 上尉
Not in small amounts, Captain.
但有些人害怕
Well, it frightens some, however.
是一种本能的恐惧
It's a... instinctive phobia,
而且不可避免
as inescapable a part of any man as,
就像血一样是他的一部分
well, his blood itself.
知道怀俄明在哪吗 德拉蒙德
You know where Wyoming is, Drummond?
是在美国吧
It's in America, I imagine.
答对了
Take a prize.
那里有高山
There's big mountains there
和高山上的隘口
and big, high mountain passes...
堆满了皑皑白雪
full of virgin snow.
我见过一个人
Now I saw a man...
还是我一个朋友
a friend of mine, as it goes...
一个科曼奇勇士一刀捅进了他的腹中
Comanche brave put a hunting knife through his guts
然后才被我开枪击中
before I could get a shot off.
我朋友死了
My friend died.
我是个医生 知道吧
And I'm a doctor, understand? So...
那种无力感
well, the... the impotence of it.
我只能眼睁睁看着他流血
All I could do was watch as blood spread through the eyes.
血染红了白地
A white world made red.
玛蒂尔达小姐
Miss Mathilda.
你的来访真如一缕阳光
Your visits are a ray of sunshine.
来吧 跟我一起坐下
Here, come, sit. Join me.
我很想知道
I am eager to know what
你跟萨缪尔·德拉蒙德的最新进展
latest there is concerning Samuel Drummond.
你跟他说过话了吗
Have you now spoken with him?
说了
I have,
但他似乎有些害羞
but he is, I believe, bashful.
世界还坚持认为我们女人才羞怯呢
And timidity, so the world insists, is the preserver of our sex.
那你想把他引出来吗
You seek to draw him out then?
我想进一步了解他
I seek to know him a little...
他会为什么难过 快乐 激动或害怕
what might make him sad or happy or excited or afraid.
这些事是有办法搞清楚的 玛蒂尔达
There are means by which you might discover such, Mathilda.
不是什么魔法
It is no magic.
只需要给他机会了解你
Merely offer him the opportunity to know something of yours.
给他看一样你很喜欢的东西
Show him something about which you might own a passion.
看他会不会跟你说说他的看法
See if then he might share his thoughts on it with you.
这建议很好 谢谢你
That is wise counsel. Thank you.
这些问题除了你 我也没有别人可说
There is no one else with whom I might share such questions.
-不能跟你父亲说吗 -不能
- Not your father? - No.
你要去什么地方吗 卡斯特罗小姐
Do you travel somewhere, Miss Castello?
巴黎
Paris.
不是去游玩 算是去工作
It is no gentle tour, however, but work of the sort.
追查一则报道
The story hunted down.
跟你拿的那张照片有关吗
Is it related to that photograph you take with you?
那人本来是我父亲的朋友
Of the man who was my father's friend?
谁
Who that?
艾萨克·布鲁姆先生 还有那个拉比
Mr. Isaac Bloom and the man, the rabbi,
拉托夫斯基 据信是被艾萨克·布鲁姆所杀
Ritofsky, who all thought was killed by Isaac Bloom.
他就住在巴黎 是吧
He lived in Paris, did he not?
这你是怎么知道的 玛蒂尔达·里德
And how would you know such things, Mathilda Reid?
我父亲把一些工作带回了家
My father keeps some of his work at home.
我偶尔会想看看
On occasion, I'm interested to read it.
玛蒂尔达 没几个女人会对你说这话
Mathilda, there are few women who will tell you this.
但我们可能拥有的最好的品质
But one of the greatest qualities we might own
就是叛逆
is that of disobedience.
象人这个绰号♥
The moniker Elephant Man
不用说 是马戏团老板给乱起的
was, of course, a showman's adjectival indulgence.
约瑟夫并不比我更像只大象
Joseph looked no more like an elephant than I do.
我们人类很喜欢反古
We are keen as a race to throw back,
把我们
to attribute
无法理解的原始特征形容为动物
animal, primal qualities to that which we do not understand.
在这里 是畸型
Here, deformity.
在其他案例里 或许是异族
Elsewhere, perhaps, foreigners.
我们只能用兽♥性♥的词汇
We can describe such conditions to ourselves
去形容这种状况
only in terms that are animalistic.
因此一定要去思考
Important then to think
不是莫雷克先生与我们 他的同胞有什么不同
not on what separated Mr. Merrick from we, his brother-men,
而是他与我们有什么相似
but rather what joined him to us.
谢谢
Thank you.
里德先生
Mr. Reid.
特维斯先生 你好
Mr. Treves, hello.
我听说如今不是探长了
Inspector no more, as I heard it?
恐怕又是了
Inspector yet again, I'm afraid.
恐怕吗 先生
Afraid, sir?
是个说法而已
Turn of phrase.
这是经莫雷克先生同意的吗
He was consenting of these, Mr. Merrick?
是的
He was.
描绘他的畸型 好研究我们的共同点
His abnormalities sketched to aid the study of our similarities.
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表