剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
我去了纽盖特监狱 贝内特 去看苏珊小姐
Newgate, Bennet, in the jail there with Miss Susan.
什么 罗斯
You what, Rose?
贝内特 你把火气吞下去
Now, Bennet, you swallow that rage of yours.
首先 我又不是给你戴了绿帽子
Firstly, it's not as if I announce your cuckoldings here.
其次 我要说的远不止这些
Second, I'm not even close to getting started.
我们一直想要孩子
We wish for a child, you and I.
-是啊 但... -贝内特
- Well, we do, but... - No... Bennet!
你还急着去做事
You are the one in a press,
我越快说完然后你同意
so the quicker I say this and you agree,
你就越快能继续去做你的事
the quicker you may be back at it.
那你告诉我我要同意什么啊
Well, you tell me what it is I'm agreeing to, then.
我正想说呢 贝内特
I am trying, Bennet.
我们可以要个孩子
There is a little boy we could have,
一个已经出生了的孩子
one who lives already,
他急需我们给他一个家
one who is in desperate need of us to give him a home,
保护他 这个孩子...
to protect him, a little boy who...
她的儿子吗
Her boy, you mean?
她求我们的
She asks it of us.
她给他起了什么名字
What is it she calls him?
康纳
Connor...
乔奇
Judge.
这个康纳 他有父亲 罗斯
This boy Connor has a father, Rose.
但他对他没什么用
None that is any use to him.
除非算上
Not unless it is the skill to
早上六点在赌博桌上作弊的本事
cheat at a gaming table at 6:00 in the morning,
或是在倒立音乐厅舞♥女♥的屁♥股♥上喝一瓶朗姆酒
or shoot a bottle of rum off the upturned behind of a musical hoofer,
但他没有男人的本事
but not what it is to be a man,
他不是你那样的男人 贝内特
not the man you are, Bennet.
我在你屁♥股♥上喝酒的时候
I don't seem to recall you complaining overly
怎么不记得你那么反感 亲爱的
when it was your behind, darling.
你个滑头
Slippery soul that you are.
不
No,
我不许你来对我指手画脚
I will not have you stand in judgement of me,
尤其是你
not you of all.
他们就在那里 杰克逊上尉
They are up there, Captain Jackson,
你的妻子 儿子
your wife, your child,
你也知道
and she, as you well know,
她很快就将面临死亡 你却不去看她
soon to go to her end, but yet you do not visit.
你根本毫不在意他们
You pay them no mind.
你儿子 你的亲生骨肉
Your son, your living flesh.
你说完了吗
Are you done?
楼下那个死人 他伤口上有污迹
Your man downstairs, he's got staining about the wound.
起初我以为是挫伤造成了异色
Now, at first I thought simply contusion, discolouring therefore,
但这些个印度人...我发现是姜黄染上去的
but all these Indians... it was caused by contact with turmeric.
是一种粉末香料
It's a spice. It's a powder.
所以我猜是刀割喉时
So my thinking, it was about the cuffs
从袖口或衣袖手腕处沾下来的
or the wrists of the sleeve as the knife was pulled across.
-贝内特 -罗斯
- Bennet. - Rose,
我说了 这孩子还有父亲呢
as I said, the boy has a father.
等他母亲死了 得由杰克逊决定该怎么做
When the mother is gone, it is up to Jackson to resolve.
是吧
Right?
带他走吧
Take him.
这份对我帝国和女王的恨意
This hatred of my empire and Queen,
这是我儿子真实的信仰
these were my son's true beliefs?
是的 卡迪尔少校
They were, Major Al-Qadir.
我不信这念头的产生与你无关
I cannot believe he came to them without you.
那他的哪些念头是从你那儿来的呢
And which beliefs did he come to because of you?
我是他父亲
I am his father.
那只是个抽象的词语 先生
That is a notional term, sir.
你好大胆
You have a cheek.
你一向如此
You always did.
我还记得我母亲第一次请他来吃饭时的情景
I recall the first time my mother asked him to eat with us.
他说我不用手指吃饭
He said I do not eat with my fingers.
我母亲问他 为什么
My mother asked him, why?
他说 那是我父亲说的
He said my father says it is so.
我母亲问他 你父亲在哪呢
My mother asked him, and where is your father?
萨义德说 他在坎大哈打仗
Sayid replied, he marches to war in Kandahar.
她又问 那今后谁会统治阿富汗
She asked him, who it was would then rule in Afghanistan.
他说 当然是维多利亚女王
He replied, why, the Empress Victoria.
于是我们教他如何用手吃饭
So we showed him how to eat with his hands
而你当时在打仗
while you were at war.
如果我们认为一个人错了 那么那样更糟
If we believe another person is wrong, which is worse?
用暴♥力♥去说服那人 还是用思想
To persuade that person with violence or with ideas?
如果思想使人变得暴♥力♥
And if ideas bring men to violence,
如果萨义德的思想鼓动他人...
if these ideas of Sayid's brought another to...
你为什么不肯说
Why will you not speak?
你不在乎他吗
Did you not care for him?
我爱他如兄弟
Like a brother.
兄弟之间也会争执
And brothers fight.
你被监视了 伊姆兰
You are watched, Imran,
监视你的人 虽然与我效忠同一位女王
by men, who, though, yes, we serve the same Queen,
但我认为他们毫无道义
I see no honour in them.
你为什么和萨义德起了争执
Why did you fight with Sayid?
我不知道是谁杀了你儿子
I do not know who killed your son,
但是的 我们有争执
but yes, we fought.
我们争执是因为
And we did so because...
他偷东西
he stole.
你儿子是个贼
Your son was a thief.
你好 诺拉 谢谢你 抱歉这么晚回来
Hello, Nora. Thank you. Sorry, the time.
没事的 埃德蒙
No-no, it was quite all right, Edmund.
瓦莱丽在外公那儿呢
Valerie's spending the evening with her grandfather.
而且 我和玛蒂尔达也很开心
Besides, Mathilda and I have been enjoying ourselves.
有煤烟啊 父亲
Soot, Father?
玛蒂尔达向我保证没有发生什么...
Mathilda reassured me that there had been no...
那位女士留宿期间并未发生什么不当的事
that the lady was accommodated without any impropriety.
但是埃德蒙 你不像我认识的任何人
But Edmund, you are unlike any man I've ever known.
你对那可怜人的仁慈
Your kindness towards that poor creature,
你不肯抛下你在那里的过去
your refusal to reject your past life in that place,
那个可怕 不幸的地方
that terrible, abject place,
但这一切
surely this,
你 我 还有女儿们
you and I here now, our girls,
这肯定就是你的犒劳吧
surely this is your reward
渴望已久的缓和你伤口的良药
the longed for salving of your wounds.
亲爱的埃德蒙 我知道你觉得我是个淑女
Dear Edmund, I... I know you think me a proper woman
你也是位绅士
and you are a gallant man,
但我对欲念并不陌生
but desire is not a stranger to me.
-亲爱的 你也有那份欲念吗 -是的
- Dear, do you... do you feel that desire? - I do.
那我就是你的了 你知道的
Then I am yours. You know this.
-怎么 在这儿吗 -是的
- W... why, here?! - Here.
看着我 亲爱的
Look at me, my love.
看着我 亲爱的
Look at me, my love.
你为什么不肯看我
Won't you look at me?
是施舍税 德雷克先生 救济金
They were zakah, Mr. Drake, alms.
近两百镑
And it was almost 200 pounds,
是给码头的印度船员的
for the Indian merchant seamen on the docks.
-印度水手吗 -是的 先生
- Lascars? - Yes, sir.
这笔资金是筹措来
Funds were raised to be
分发给那些没有船能干活儿的人
distributed among those men who were left without a ship to crew
以解燃眉之急
to ease their need.
而...
And, ah...
我的萨义德把钱偷了
my Sayid stole it.
他偷了给印度水手的钱
He steals the money meant for the lascars,
-于是他们杀了他 -不对
- therefore they kill him. - No.
瞧 《商船条例》的修改草案
See here, a draft amendment to the Merchant Shipping Act.
作者是阿哈默德先生和卡迪尔先生
Authors, Mr. R. Ahmad and Mr. SKA Al-Qadir.
为来自南亚殖民地的船员争取
To give more robust and far reaching legal protection
在国内拥有更加健全 全面的
in this country to the status of those merchant seamen
法律保护
from the South Asian colonies.
他还有哈菲兹先生 他们为印度船员抗争
He, Mr. Hafeez also, also they fight lascars.
这是他事业的基石
Now, this was a cornerstone of his legal career.
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表