剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表
偷你东西的人
who would thieve from you.
砍下了他们不干净的那只手
You part them from their light-fingered hands.
这是小贩的老规矩
It's old coster practise, this.
你是卖♥♥什么的
What's your stall?
这伤疤 你的买♥♥卖♥♥需要用刀
These scars, you must need knives for your trade.
你是个屠夫
You are a butcher.
但疤痕是在你手掌下方
But the scars on the underside of your palm.
你左手拿东西 右手拿刀
So you hold your work in your left, your knife in your right.
你是个剥牡蛎的
You are an oyster-shucker.
里德先生 有人找您 长官
Mr. Reid, you are asked for, sir.
男孩的母亲找到了
The boy's mother is found.
我儿子在你这儿 他在哪 长官
You have my boy. Where is he, sir?
我在德伍德街调查的时候
I was at my interviews down Durwood Street,
遇见了这位女士
and along comes this lady,
就像我一样 挨家挨户地敲门
knocking on all the doors just as I was.
她说是在找她儿子
Looking for her boy, she says.
离那个汤米才隔两条街
Who but two streets from my Tommy,
或许他就是她找的孩子
I thought perhaps he might be the boy she seeks.
长官 求您 如果他在这儿 带我去见他
Sir, I beg you. Take me to him if he be here.
老天 先生 让我见见他
Oh, dear God, sir, let me see him.
女士 您得知道
Madame, be advised.
我们这儿那个男孩 已经死了
The boy that we hold is dead.
老天保佑
O God, save us.
老天原谅我
O God, forgive me.
我失去了我儿子
I lost my boy.
我没法再留着他了
I couldn't keep him no more.
我只能把他送去济贫院
I must have put him in the workhouse.
我没法养活他
I couldn't feed him.
我以为 他在那儿会安全
I... I thought he would be safest there.
看他啊
Look at him.
天呐 看他们把他弄成了什么样
O God, look what they did to him.
可怜的孩子
Poor boy.
这个孩子 长官 叫汤米·里格斯
The boy, sir, is Tommy Riggs,
是白教堂联合济贫院跑出来的
missing from Whitechapel Union Workhouse.
照顾好他母亲 她有什么需要尽力帮助
Go to the mother. See she wants for nothing.
我要去济贫院问些问题
I have questions that must be answered at the workhouse.
我要知道他们照顾的男孩怎么会死得这么惨
I wish to know how a boy in its care may die in such abjection.
队长 那个嫌疑人 是个小贩
Sergeant, our suspect, he is a costermonger.
卖♥♥牡蛎的
Oysters are his trade.
找到这一带所有的牡蛎小贩 他是其中之一
Seek out every seller in this square mile, for he's one of them.
我们或许能查清他的身份 挖出他的口供
We may know his identity and shuck his confession from him.
王尔德先生 我莱曼街的停尸房♥里
Mr. Wilde, I have in my morgue in Lehman Street
躺着一个小男孩 汤米·里格斯
a young boy, Tommy Riggs.
我很担心 先生
I am concerned, sir,
因为我发现他时 他营养不良 疏于照顾
at the state in which I found him... underfed, neglected.
-以致死亡 先生 -汤米·里格斯
- Mortally, sir. - Tommy Riggs?
是啊 这周逃跑的
Yes, a runaway missing this week past.
恐怕我无从知道
I'm afraid I can not account for
他离开之后发生了什么
what became of him beyond these walls.
这些可怜的孩子 他们的父母不要他们
These poor souls whose parents have neglected them,
很多孩子都一心想跑
so many feel compelled to run away.
他们不明白 济贫院才能保护他们
They do not see that the workhouse is for their own safety.
这是最可悲的事
It's our... our greatest sorrow.
不管怎样 先生 我想亲眼看看
Nevertheless, sir, I should like to see for myself
孩子们所处的环境
the conditions in which the children are kept.
当然 里德探长 我带你去看看
Yes. Let me show you, Inspector Reid,
我们这里是如何待孩子的
how we treat our children here.
亚瑟也是我们一个孩子
Arthur here is one of our boys,
如今学会了文书工作
trained now in clerical work.
明年 他将离开济贫院
Next year, he will leave the workhouse
而且有足够的本事
with all the skills needed to...
为自己挣份生活
to build a life for himself.
这就是我们最大的目的
This is our great purpose.
来吧
Come.
我们意欲把这些穷困潦倒的孩子
We mean to turn these destitute young people
打造成社会的可用之材
into viable members of society,
能自给自足 有生产力
self-sufficient, productive.
看 我们教读写
Here, you see we teach literacy.
这边 居家技能
Along here, domestic skills.
太久以来
For too long,
济贫院实际上是穷♥人♥的监狱
the workhouse has been a form of incarceration for the poor...
而且毫无释放的希望 毫无未来的希望
no hope of release, no hope of, er, future.
我们得放下威慑 恐吓的想法
We must let go of this notion of deterrent, of threat,
而是给穷♥人♥以希望和可能
and instead give the poor hope and possibility.
我不会让他们陷入绝望 先生
I will not consign these people to despair, sir,
或是疾病
nor to sickness.
我们把儿童医务室
We have separated the children's infirmary
跟济贫院其他地方隔离了开
from the rest of the workhouse,
可以说是防疫封锁线
a kind of cordon sanitaire.
我们得对疾病扩散非常重视 包括皮癣
We must take the spread of disease very seriously, even ringworm.
这是什么地方
And this, what is this place?
临时收♥容♥所♥ 给流浪汉准备的
The casual ward for tramps and vagrants,
那些只待一夜的人
those who stay only one night.
我们有义务给他们食物和水
We're obliged to feed and water them
然后就让他们回到街头上
and let them return to the streets.
可以看到 我们正在进行蒸熏消毒
We are, as you see, in the process of fumigating it,
他们把这世界的肮脏都带来了
for they bring the filth of the world with them.
[拉丁语]
Salus populi suprema est Lex.
健康是首要之法律 说得没错
The health of the people is the highest law. Indeed.
但我想你应该了解这个地方吧 里德先生
But I believe you are no stranger to this place, Mr. Reid.
玛丽·安·尼克尔斯不就是被带到
For was it not in a mortuary here to which
这里的一间停尸房♥吗
Mary Ann Nichols was brought?
开膛手的第一个被害人
The Ripper's first?
是的
Yes, it was.
老蒙太古街 邪恶之地
Evil place, old Montague Street.
希望你也同意
I hope you'll agree that the
济贫院自那时改观了很多
workhouse has much changed since you knew it.
这里的确是有序又干净 令人称奇
It is indeed a marvel of order and hygiene,
这让我更不明白 先生
which leads me to wonder, sir, why
汤米·里格斯为什么要逃离这里
Tommy Riggs should wish to run away from such a place.
穷♥人♥命 里德探长
Pauper spirit, Inspector Reid.
流浪街头的心 有些人按耐不住
The spirit of the streets, it is... it is too strong in some.
他们非要选择自♥由♥
They insist upon their freedom.
他母亲认为是济贫院造成了他的死亡
His mother blames the workhouse for his demise.
你怎么说
What say you to that?
他母亲
His mother?
先生 那不可能
Why, sir, that cannot be.
-为什么 -他母亲死了
- How so? - His mother is dead.
是用我头发编的 用来纪念我
It is braided from my hair for remembrance of me.
他们让我们给亲人朋友做
And they had us make them for our loved ones
好让他们一同哀悼
so they might share their mourning.
老天 这些个英国人
Jesus, these English.
我会每小时整点哀悼你
And I'll grieve for you every hour, on the hour.
你...
And you,
我的凯特琳
oh my Caitlin,
你得小心
you will be watchful.
你得警觉
You will be vigilant.
你要待在这里
You will stay within the bounds of this place,
一步不得出去
within these walls,
不能在克洛克之外的人前露面
and you will show yourself to none but Croker.
答应我
Promise me.
我保证
I promise.
我会寸步不离
I shall be close,
不声不响
and silent,
不让人见到
and invisible.
冲着这个 马修 你得远离我们的儿子
And for that, Matthew, you must stay away from our boy.
你答应德雷克了
You made a promise to Drake.
你得遵守诺言 可别惹怒了他
You must keep that promise, lest you ruffle his feathers.
把他们引来这里
And they'll not trouble us here.
再见了 美国人
I see you, American.
剧集 | 开膛街(2012) | 导航列表