剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
And mothers should know when their children are ready to run.
母亲该知道孩子什么时候可以跑了
You believe you are?
你相信自己准备好了吗
I believe what you have taught me.
我相信您的教导
That youth is paramount,
相信青春至高无上
that the sinuous agility of the young mind and body
相信年轻头脑身体的灵活机敏
will always triumph over the ravages of age,
永远胜过年迈的缺残
the slowness of decrepitude.
和衰朽的迟缓
I believe the dinosaurs should know
我相信恐龙应当知道
when the mammal is hunting.
哺乳动物开始了捕猎
If I were of another constitution,
我若不是我
I would fear you.
听了你这话都要怕呢
You know I obey you in all things, Mother.
您知道我凡事都听您的 母亲
For how long?
能听多久呢
How long did the dinosaurs last
哺乳动物发现自己的爪牙之前
before the mammals discovered their claws...
恐龙存在了多久呢
darling?
亲爱的
Where are you going? I've a social call to make.
你要去哪 拜访某人
Don't worry, I'll be back for the festivities.
别担心 庆典开始前我一定回来
What's going on?
怎么回事
There've been policemen about.
这几天到处都是警♥察♥
I don't know why.
我不知道原因
Comforting to have them here though.
不过有他们在倒也安心
Mr. Chandler.
钱德勒先生
Inspector.
探长
Might I have a word? Shall we walk?
方便说句话吗 边走边说吧
Well, mightn't we be more comfortable inside?
进屋聊是不是舒服些
No.
不
Ma'am. Sir.
女士 先生
My name is Inspector Bartholomew Rusk.
我是巴塞洛缪·拉斯科探长
And you are?
两位是...
This way.
这边请
Why all the police?
为何这么多警♥察♥
Sir Malcolm reports
马尔科姆爵士报告说
there has been thievery in the neighborhood,
附近窃案频发
although our records don't support the claim.
虽然并不符合我们的案卷记录
But Westminster must be protected.
不过威斯敏斯特的治安不可轻视
You don't give up.
你就是不放弃
That I do not.
的确如此
So, this is where you live?
这么说 你住这里
Is it?
是吗
Disguise it as you might try,
你尽可以装模作样
Sir Malcolm recognized your picture.
马尔科姆爵士认出了你的画像
Perhaps he's just a fan from my theatrical days.
也许他只是我卖♥♥艺时的追捧者
Do you know the medical neurosis called the phantom limb?
你知道有种神经症叫做幻肢吗
It's not uncommon when people lose an arm or a leg or such.
人们失去手脚后的常见症状
When I lost my arm,
我失去手臂后
I was constantly reaching for things with it.
就不断想用那只手抓取东西
It seemed so real...
那感觉如此真实
but it wasn't.
却并不存在
More and more, I think this is all some...
渐渐地 我认为这整个事件
sort of phantom limb.
也就像是幻肢
Something is going on here
这里有事情发生
which is not an actual arm or leg.
并非真实的手脚
Something not quite real...
没有那么真实
but completely true.
但绝对存在
You mean otherworldly?
你是说超自然的吗
That's precisely what I mean.
我正是这个意思
I couldn't codify it in a report log,
我在案情报告中捕捉不到
nor could I capture it in a crime scene photograph.
从犯罪现场的照片里也发现不了
This place, those people
这个地方 那些人
and you...
还有你
are a phantom limb.
就是幻肢
Are you a superstitious man?
你迷信吗
Not by nature.
本来不信
But I'm learning to be.
如今慢慢有些信了
And the things I have seen over the years, Mr. Chandler,
钱德勒先生 这些年来我见过的事情
have made me a bit mad, I think.
让我的脑子有点不正常了
Set a thief to catch a thief.
你得派贼捉贼
And set a monster to catch a monster?
你要派怪物捉怪物吗
Very like.
差不多
My less monstrous colleagues
我那些不像怪物的同僚
will be on duty night and day, you can be assured.
将日夜值守 这一点你无须怀疑
You will not take one step from this house
你只要踏出这座房♥子一步
when you will not be observed.
就会受到监视
Your peace of mind, such as it is,
你内心仅有的平静
will cease to exist
也将不复存在
and a length of hemp will seem a cheap price
不如锒铛入狱 免受烦扰
to be free of the burden.
摆脱负累
I'm sure you're right.
我相信你说得对
Now if you'll excuse me?
现在恕我失陪
Of course.
请便
Good evening, Inspector.
告辞 探长
Good evening, Mr. Talbot.
告辞 塔尔伯特先生
Yes. I have penetrated your fanciful stage name.
没错 你花哨的艺名被我破解了
Ethan Lawrence Talbot.
伊森·劳伦斯·塔尔伯特
Born the year of our Lord 1857 in the New Mexico Territory,
一八五七年出生于新墨西哥州
enlisted in the United States Cavalry March the 2nd, 1882.
一八八二年三月二日加入美国骑兵队
Your complete War Department dossier
你在美国陆军部的完整档案
is currently being ferreted out from thick ledgers
正在华盛顿的各个分部
in various departmental agencies in Washington.
从厚厚的册子里分拣出来
When it arrives,
等送到了这里
I'm sure it'll make fascinating reading.
我相信读起来肯定非常精彩
Really...
真的
you would do well to make a clean breast of it.
你最好是彻底坦白
The quarry has been run to his hole.
兔子已经被撵回老窝
He has lost his anonymity and his freedom of movement.
伪装被揭穿 走也走不掉
He should know when he is captured.
他应当知道自己必要落网了
Cornered animals are the most dangerous.
兔子急了也会咬人
But they are cornered, nonetheless.
虽说如此 但到底是逼进死角了
Not until there's evidence that will stand up in court of law.
除非有能在法庭上站得住脚的证据
True enough.
那倒是
But I'm about it, you can be sure.
但我有把握 你大可放心
Enjoy your evening, Ethan.
享受你的夜晚吧 伊森
I stand at the ready to be of assistance
我时刻准备帮助你
and liberate you from your burdens,
从重担中解脱
one way or another.
无论如何
The moon is full tonight.
今晚是满月
I know.
我知道
You'll help me again?
你能再帮我一次吗
Good evening, Mr. Chandler.
晚上好 钱德勒先生
Mr. Lyle.
莱尔先生
Mr. Lyle was explaining his treachery to us.
莱尔先生在解释他对我们的背叛
I don't for a moment deny my...
我并不否认...
complicity with that evil woman
我曾跟那个邪恶的女人是同谋
but you must believe me when I say that's done
但你们要相信我现在跟她决裂了
and I am willing to suffer the consequences
我也愿意承担
of my disloyalty to her...
对她不忠诚的后果
which are ruinous.
毁灭性的后果
And now we're to trust you?
那我们要相信你吗
I hope I've demonstrated my allegiance
希望我已经向诸位
to the people in this room.
证明了我的忠诚
My shame is my own to live with, and I shall.
我会独自承担我的耻辱
No one here is above guilt, Mr. Lyle.
这里每个人都有自己的罪过 莱尔先生
We need every ally for the night ahead.
今晚我们需要所有能用上的力量
What do you mean?
什么意思
Sir Malcolm needs our help. We will go to him.
马尔科姆爵士需要我们的帮助 我们要去救他
No.
不
Ethan, we have to help. No.
伊森 我们必须救他 不
We can't go tonight.
今晚不行
Or any night. He's right.
晚上不行 他说得对
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表