剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表
My cousin and I...
我和我表妹...
it's not without its complications.
我们的事很复杂
That's what they call the workings inside watches,
就像钟表里运转的零部件一样
did you know that?
你知道吗
The intricate gears and mechanisms.
精密的齿轮和机械结构
Complications.
复杂
Then enjoy them, Doctor.
那就享受吧 博士
They will tick away, no matter what we do.
无论如何 时间总会流逝
Mr. Gray for you.
格雷先生来访
Show him in.
请他进来
Miss Ives.
艾芙斯小姐
Mr. Gray.
格雷先生
May I present Dr. Victor Frankenstein.
这位是维克多·弗兰肯斯坦博士
How do you do? Mr. Gray.
你好 格雷先生
I like your flower.
你的花很漂亮
I come bearing adventure. When do you not?
我携着冒险而来 有什么时候不是吗
I'm hosting a ball.
我要办一场舞会
I wanted to invite you personally.
我想亲自来邀请你
And Sir Malcolm, of course.
当然 还有马尔科姆爵士
Would you do me the courtesy of attending?
你会赏光参加吗
Oh, I haven't been to a ball in some time.
我有段时间没参加舞会了
There's a woman I'd like you to meet.
我想介绍一位女士给你认识
It's rather a coming out for her.
算是她初入社交界的舞会
It seems the world is filled with romance these days.
看来最近大家都找到自己的爱情了啊
I would love to have you meet her.
我很想让你见见她
And, Doctor, of course you must come.
博士 也请你一定来参加
I'll get your address
把你的地址给我
and dispatch an invitation if I might.
我可以给你发邀请函
That's very kind, thank you.
谢谢邀请
Do say you'll think about it.
你一定要考虑参加啊
Of course, Mr. Gray. Is it not Dorian?
当然 格雷先生 不叫我道林吗
After all this time?
认识这么久了
It is safely Dorian.
当然可以叫道林
Then I'll bid you good day.
那么祝你们日安
Doctor.
博士
Vanessa.
温妮莎
So, Doctor,
博士
will you give me the first dance?
愿意把第一支舞给我吗
Perhaps the second.
还是第二支吧
Come in.
请进
Ah, Vanessa.
温妮莎啊
What do you think of my beard?
你觉得我的胡子怎么样
I'm sorry? My beard.
什么 我的胡子
I've had it for as long as I can remember,
我都记不清是什么时候开始留胡子的了
but I don't know that it entirely suits me.
但我不确定蓄须是否适合我
Why not?
怎么了
It makes me look older.
胡子显我老
Sir Malcolm.
马尔科姆爵士
Is everything all right?
你没事吧
What do you mean?
怎么了
You're not as I thought you might be.
你跟我想象中的不一样
You mean Gladys, poor thing.
你是说可怜的格拉迪斯吧
I'm not going down to the funeral.
我不会去参加她的葬礼
So much going on here.
这边事情太多了
What's that?
你拿的是什么
Yes, it's, uh... it's an invitation.
是张请柬
Mr. Gray's hosting a ball. I was confident you wouldn't--
格雷先生要办舞会 我想你必定不...
Do you know, I've not been to a ball in ages.
我都好多年没参加舞会了呢
I used to be quite the dancer in my salad days,
我年轻的时候舞技高超
if you can believe such a thing.
不知道你信不信
Of course I'll attend.
我当然会参加
Can you find a proper escort without me?
我不陪你 你能找到别的男伴吧
What?
什么
Yes.
能
I just don't know.
真是拿不定主意啊
Of course I'll attend.
我当然会参加
My gallant young swain was most insistent.
我勇敢的小情郎很坚持呢
Poor love-addled fool.
被爱情冲昏头脑的小傻瓜
Are you sure that's wise?
您觉得那样明智吗
Miss Ives will be there.
艾芙斯小姐也会参加
The time comes when the spider must touch the fly.
蜘蛛总归是要直面苍蝇的
And if the fly eats the spider?
如果苍蝇把蜘蛛吃掉怎么办
You admire her.
你仰慕她
Fine.
随你怎么说
In our dolorous old bestiary,
我们这一群老的老怪的怪
she's a truly... unique creature.
她的确... 鹤立鸡群
More than you know.
不止如此
Did you know that during the Renaissance...
你知道吗 文艺复兴时期
women used to put poison into their eyes?
女人曾往自己的眼睛里滴毒药
A little drop of belladonna to dilate the pupil...
一小滴颠茄汁 可以让瞳孔放大
to simulate erotic excitement.
让人有种异国风情
But like all addictions, it took more and more
但跟所有让人上瘾的东西一样 要想达到
to produce the desired effect.
理想效果 用量会越来越多
So they slowly... killed themselves.
所以她们就慢慢地 把自己杀死了
What won't we do for beauty?
为了美 我们真是不惜一切代价
And youth.
还有青春
Ah, yes.
没错
Youth.
青春
That takes more than a drop of poison.
永葆青春需要的可不止一滴毒药
That takes everything... doesn't it?
它需要用尽一切 不是吗
Such a price we pay.
多么高昂的代价
Such a price.
惨重的代价
Despite what you may think...
不管你怎么想
I didn't turn from God.
我并没有背弃上帝
He turned from me.
是上帝背弃了我
From all of us.
背弃了我们所有人
Look around.
你看看周围
You tell me, where is He...
告诉我 上帝在何处
in this city of perpetual suffering?
这苦难深重的城市可有他的踪影
In this life?
这悲惨的人生可有他的痕迹
You tell me where.
你告诉我在哪儿
There are those who say you can find Him within.
有人说你能在心里找到祂
They're wrong.
他们错了
So...
所以
we must carry on...
我们必须坚持 奋斗
and earn our reward from the Master.
博得主人的奖赏
And that reward?
什么奖赏呢
To live forever while the world suffers.
在众生煎熬的世界里永生
Such a sad prize, isn't it?
多么悲伤的奖赏 是不是
We've had an invitation.
我们收到了邀请
To a ball.
参加一场舞会
Quite the gala, I imagine. Are we going to go?
我猜场面应该挺盛大 我们去吗
We would have to prepare.
有很多准备要做
Dancing, for one.
比如 你得学跳舞
And there would be a lot of people you don't know
而且会有很多你不认识的人
you'd have to talk with.
但你必须与他们交谈
You're afraid I'll embarrass you.
你担心我会丢你的脸
No.
不是
No.
当然不是
You could never do that.
你不可能丢我的脸
I'll work very hard not to.
我会很努力的
I promise you.
我向你保证
Of course we'll go. It's a ball.
我们当然要去 那可是舞会
What's the worst that could happen?
能糟到哪儿去呢
Who's giving the ball?
舞会的主人是谁
A fellow I met today...
我今天刚认识的一个人
name of Dorian Gray.
叫道林·格雷
What are you making? Shepherd's pie.
你在做什么 牧羊人派[土豆牛肉派]
Now go upstairs. I'll call you when it's ready.
你先上楼 做好了我喊你
Step up, step in! Awaiting you,
瞧一瞧 看一看 您将有机会观赏
剧集 | 低俗怪谈(2014) | 导航列表